What day of the week is your weigh in day and why?

Options

Replies

• crista317
    crista317 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was doing Mondays since that was my initial start to MFP but I have moved it to Saturday mornings. I usually go out on Saturday nights for a nice dinner and drinks and tend to go over my daily allowance. (Try to keep it around maintenance, though, that didn't happen last night! Oops. :-)) But I feel I have all week to be spot on and burn it off. Worked for me this week, anyway!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I log here as a way to keep myself accountable though the weekend. But I weigh in daily to keep an eye on trends.
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week:

Mondays, to make sure I behaved over the weekend plus it helps throughout the
    weekend knowing that I have to get on the scale.

Thursday, to check-in during the work week to make sure I keep moving.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I like to and I don't obsess if the scale moves the wrong way or stays the same.

I measure myself every two weeks or so.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was weighing on Mondays for no reason than the first time I weighed in was a Monday. I kept hearing not to be scale obsessed. Now I weigh myself everyday and laugh at the daily fluctuations. I've had as much as a three pound swing day to day. The key is finding what works for you.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day.

Why? Because I like to see how my body responds to what I did the day before - food, water intake, exercise, meal timing, sleep, etc. The scale is a useful tool.

I don't have weight loss goals because I am interested in how I look & feel, not numbers in a scale. Up or down, the numbers don't rule my emotions.

I take measurements once a month & that provides me great info on my fat loss progress.
  • Knittinger
    Knittinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I only log it at the end of the week. Checking everyday lets me track my body's response to certain foods, like I now know that if I go over on my sodium the scale will go up the next day but eventually evens back out. As long as the general trend is going down I am happy!
  • krissyboothang
    krissyboothang Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Saturday, so if I am not where I want to be I can use the weekend to re-adjust.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, because it's 2 days from the weekend so I can lose my sodium bloat but not so close to the weekend that I go "I don't have to weight for almost a week, I can go nuts on the weekend and make up for it during the week!" (which is exactly what used to happen when I had Friday as my weigh in day)

ETA: I do weigh daily, but only "count" Wednesdays for record keeping purposes)
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Everyday, because why not?
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    Wedenesday and Thursday morning, first thing. I use the average of the two days for my weekly weight. Why? Because it captures the trend and smooths out most sorts of single day or weekend weirdness (a big night out, long workout days on the weekends, etc). Weighing in every day, which I needed to do to stay on track when I started began to seem a little obsessive-compulsive.
  • lightemupdc
    lightemupdc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday - right in the morning after I wake up and eliminate any liquid waste. That is the only one I consider "official." And, I only log it in MFP if it goes down from my previous weight. If it's over, I'll consider it a water/sodium issue and wait til the next morning. I'll also weigh in the evening after I eat dinner just because it's fun to see the fluctuation after water intake, food, exercise, etc. for the day.
  • BekkahS1552
    Options
    Saturday... if I overdo it on the weekends, I have the entire week to exercise it off :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    every morning. Take 7 day rolling average.

I only recommend this for people who understand fluctuations and take other measures of progress also.
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The last day of the month, starting very recently. I hate to state the obvious, but weight fluctuates so frequently depending on lots of factors. Also, at the end of the month I'm usually mid-cycle and I know that I'm not retaining any TOM-related water weight. I take my measurements at that time as well.
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    everyday. the scale is next to the toilet. may as well lol
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Everyday
    Because I'm obsessed with the scale and always have been
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Monday morning after a hopefully big pee... because it helps me stay on track over the weekend knowing Monday morning is right around the corner.
    I will also hop on the scales thru the week for fun...
  • sfbinca
    sfbinca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every day. As has been stated, it fluctuates greatly, but hitting a low day provides motivation and I can see the trends on off days. Fitbit scale - makes it easy.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Fridays. Because I tend to relax the rules a little bit over the weekend, and it gives me the most time to 'recover.'