Lunch for Work?

Options
melissacaitlinm
melissacaitlinm Posts: 1 Member
What are you guys' go to lunches that you take to work, or even just eating at home. I get sick of taking salad every day, but it's always like the easiest thing to make in the morning. I also feel like I sometimes don't bring enough. What is everything you guys will bring, including snacks?

Replies

• cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Get a foot long at subway or fill a shaker bottle with 1000 calories of protein powder/cereal/bananas and add water and chug it haha.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Bring leftovers from the day before.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I find lurking food diaries gives me great ideas. To keep it interesting, I do the bento box idea, small servings of several things make lunches really fun. You can google to find ideas. :flowerforyou:

Sláinte :drinker:
  • Brumhilda
    Brumhilda Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am always creeping on people's food diaries. Gives me great ideas :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I bring an assortment so I don't get bored ......

Dinner leftovers, boxed soup, raw veggies & hummus, cheesestick, apple, nuts, popcorn, dark chocolate, and water :drinker:

Once or twice a month I have pizza with my coworkers ...... one slice & a large salad ...... yum !
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I bring leftovers, a salad, a protein bar, and 2-4 snacks (varies).
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    todays was quick.

1 500g cottage cheese, 45g peanut flour, cinnamon, sf maple syrup. (all stirred together)
    1 banana
    2 carrots

I also use the slow cooker a lot. Put in a heap of meat the night before. Take meat along with frozen veggies and cheese. Nuke at work.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I enjoy pita wraps, or soft wraps with tuna/lettuce, or meat/cheese/tomato/lettuce, sometimes the lean cuisines, a sandwich, stew.
    One of my absolute favourite go-to meals/snacks is oriental veggie mix with shrimp stir fried, with rice. YUM.

Snacks
    - jello with light cool whip
    - vanilla yogurt with any fruit
    - carrots/dip
    - fibre 1 bars
    - chopped apples with cinnamon
    - chopped banana with chocolate
    - almonds
    - cheese/crackers
  • hannah1486
    Options
    You can broil salmon or grill up shrimp to add to salads, or even quinoa and veggies! Sandwiches with protein and lots of veggies are also so satisfying!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    On days I am running behind on time I usually take a can of tuna and an avocado. It's simple, delicious and pretty healthy. Other than that it is usually leftovers from dinner
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    string cheese
    apples
    greek yogurt
    hummus with various things to dip
    skinny cow chocolate pouches
    sometimes I'll get a bunch of chicken breasts and cook them up in advance
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i take a piece of fruit and a sandwich everyday to work. leftovers sometimes as well but only if they need to be eaten up and theres no sandwich supplies left in the fridge
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bring leftovers from the day before.

This. Or I find an interesting recipe and make enough on Sunday night for the week. This week is the herb frittata that I saw in Runner's World (6 servings @ 175 calories per) and I'll supplement that with some veggies or a small slab o' meat, depending on what the day's workout plan is.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I actually eat out a lot during lunch. I love the 1/2 size apple pecan chicken and strawberry fields salad at Wendy's, also their small chili. I go to the cafeteria some also. They usually have grilled chicken and onions paired with a salad or veggie. I also make chicken salad with added apples, grapes and walnuts when I have then, adding in some mayo (the kind with olive oil) on a nice whole grain (this week I have seeded rye).
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I grill up a chicken breast and bring along some fresh pineapple salso to put on top.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I find an interesting recipe and make enough on Sunday night for the week.

Ditto that! I usually make 2-3 servings of something on Sunday and have that for lunch. For the other days, I have soup or stew that I will make about once a month in a big batch and freeze.
  • gabeelijah
    gabeelijah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    anybody have any good quinoa recipes?
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I purposely cook my dinners to have leftovers for weekday lunches. Way cheaper than take out and way easier than packing something different all of the time.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I use boxed vegetable broth in the rice steamer with the quinoa. I add whatever vegetables I have--- sort of like this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/EASY-ONE-POT-Rice-cooker-COOKING-RiceQuinoa-Veggie/
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Today lunch is:
    Two lettuce wraps filled with cracked pepper turkey, bacon, avocado, green apple slices, pepper, squeeze of lemon, wrapped in wax paper, waiting for me! Snack is 100 calorie greek yogurt :)

(lowering carbs and watching sodium today as I had a weekend full of carbs and sodium and want to level it out!)