Want to Do Spinning but Scared

Options
2»

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Great great advice everyone! Thanks- putting this out there for a little accountability so when I wake up tomorrow morning and dont want to get out of my nice warm cozy bed I will think about all of you waiting for my response after my first class. So tomorrow morning it is! Going to go and check it out!!!!
  • finncmh
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! I did my first spin class!!!! This morning at 6am- almost didnt go. Haha. Set my alarm, got up and fed the dog, and curled back up in bed and said do I really need to do it today, maybe Wednesday. BUT somehow I dragged my butt out of bed and I am SO glad I did.

Feeling the addiction already! EVERYTHING you all said was so true and right to the point, and the people in the class all made sure to tell me some of the same things before we started. I think this is the beginning of a new friendship me and spinning. Thanks for all of your support!!!!
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    I lasted about 15 min. for my first class but I kept coming back until I was able to stay the entire hour. It's the best class I ever took. Don't worry about what other's think. Why would you care? Just do as much as you can and keep trying to do a little more each time. You don't have to stand when others stand if you don't want to. Remember - it's your class. You can proceed at your own pace. You will begin to pedal faster and harder as your strength and endurance build. Just do it!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Give it a try! You can always leave if it's too much for you or you hate it.

Charmagne
  • daniellevietti
    daniellevietti Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I signed in this morning to search for a "spin" thread and found this!

I had my first spin class last week and did another one this morning, I LOVE IT! I've been looking for an exercise that I actuually "enjoy" and I've finally found it. Super excited!

I wish you luck on your first class, enjoy the music and set your resistance to what works for YOU, let us know how it goes :O)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have also wanted to give spinning a try, but I have bad knees. Will it bother my knees if I keep the resistance low?
  • finncmh
    Options
    Knees are tough... best bet is to talk to your doctor too... it just depends on what type of pressure and movement bothers them! good luck
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I tried, but unfortunately my size 14 foot doesn't fit into the straps. So I need to buy some
    cycling shoes now.

Doug
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to try our first spin class tomorrow. I am so scared. I remember exercising on a bike years ago and I only lasted 10 minutes.
  • finncmh
    Options
    My husband and I are going to try our first spin class tomorrow. I am so scared. I remember exercising on a bike years ago and I only lasted 10 minutes.

Stewie how did it go? I was really scared too and then I ended up LOVING my first class. Today was supposed to be my second class but I ended up with a mini bout of insomnia last night so had to sleep through it. I am DETERMINED to go next Monday again! Really enjoyed it!!!!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Spinning is my FAVORITE work out ever. Its so awesome and burns TONS of calories. It's just something you either love or hate, and I love it. Just go in and take it slow, you dont have to keep up with others, you can go at your own pace. You also dont have to stay the whole time. Go early and ask the teacher to help set up your bike, this is important or youll hurt your knees. Once I got the hang of it I did it 3-4x per week, but then I got pregnant and stopped. I really really miss it and havent any time to go :( Just keep trying and you will get to the seat.. Im not gonna lie you will be hurting from the seat for a few days, after awhile you get used to it
  • Roobean33
    Options
    OMG I know what you mean. I was nervous to go, afraid I would obviously not know what to do and look ridiculous. But, basically you get on the bike and pedal (occasionally adjust the resistance). That's it. You can do it!!