Game of Thrones - I Need Therapy - Spoiler Alert

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    The gore is bad, but that is not what fundamentally bothered me. I am really upset because I do not know how Tyriain gets out of dying. I really do not want to see that.

Yeah, it wasn't so much the gore we thought we make it so upsetting for non-book-readers. Watchers are certainly used to the gore by now. It's that it made you believe that the Viper would triumph and then wham!

i felt basically the same way

was also pissed that Joram was sent away. it had to happen i guess but i wanted the two of them to hook up. beats crucifixion i guess lol
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The gore is bad, but that is not what fundamentally bothered me. I am really upset because I do not know how Tyriain gets out of dying. I really do not want to see that.

Yeah, it wasn't so much the gore we thought would make it so upsetting for non-book-readers. Watchers are certainly used to the gore by now. It's that it made you believe that the Viper would triumph and then wham!

Exactly, I almost felt a bit safe because it was Tyrian. But that was my own fault.
  • Eddard's beheading definitely set the tone for the books as well as the show. He wasn't the first (well, Robert was first I guess) main character to die and wasn't the last to be sure.

What I really enjoy doing is throwing out fake spoilers on my Facebook just minutes before the new episodes air so all my friends who haven't read the books, which is ALL of them, get pissed off at me. Take last night for example. 8:55 pm I posted "Can't wait for the trial by combat and the way Tyrion dies horrifically at the end!" I got a lot of hate-posts for that one.
  • Oh, and for those posting about how the show is too graphic and gory ..

*** SEMI SPOILER ALERT ***

Y'all might want to not watch the last few scenes of episode 10. You have been warned.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    i thought his little speech about his slow cousin was disapointing. felt like it was going somewheres then it was a total dud.

some of the dialogue in this show is an astonishing cut above the rest. and not because its in some funky vernacular, its just so compellingly worded

'comforts me more then a 1000 lying *kitten*'

Honestly I feel like his beetle speech was about his father more than anything. Maybe not though.........
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i thought his little speech about his slow cousin was disapointing. felt like it was going somewheres then it was a total dud.

some of the dialogue in this show is an astonishing cut above the rest. and not because its in some funky vernacular, its just so compellingly worded

Honestly I feel like his beetle speech was about his father more than anything. Maybe not though.........

there could have easily been something there i missed. most of thier dialogue is eleoquent but easily consumed, i guess thats why i like it lol

Jamie is going to kill his dad isn't he?

I could be wrong, but when tyrion was talking about how each murder had its own name, i'm pretty sure 'patricide' was interestingly left out
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    a friend of mine told me that the book series itself has not been concluded, in other words there is not currently an end to the story. is that true?
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

That is thought provoking.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    a friend of mine told me that the book series itself has not been concluded, in other words there is not currently an end to the story. is that true?

In book form, this is true.

However, I believe I read that David Benioff, and D. B. Weiss know the intended ending of the series.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

That is thought provoking.

I suppose Ortho could also be GRRM ;)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    i wanted Jamie to kill the mountain

I wish The Hound could kill the mountain.
  • healthyscratch1978
    Options
    I kinda thought it was foreshadowing the inevitability of the bug being squashed (Scorpion, in this case, instead of a beetle), and spoke to Tyrian's incredulity about why and how this was happening.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    i wanted Jamie to kill the mountain

I wish The Hound could kill the mountain.

+1. With fire.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I really like where they are going with Sansa.

Was there a point to the beetle smashing story.

I was sitting by myself watching this morning. I threw my hands over my eyes. It was so intense.

I have never watched a show like this.

I confess I was shaking.

The whole point of the beetle smashing story was to foreshadow/be a parallel to what was going to happen to Oberyn.

The mountain is a mindless brute of a man who just likes to crush things, just like their cousin. Anyone more intelligent than him can't figure out what it is that he gets out of it. But he gets something when he smashes them. He enjoys it. It's what he lives for. Tyrion mentioned that all he could think about was the empty shells of all of the beetles that he's killed -- same as all of the men that The Mountain has killed.

That being said, fuuuuuck. I loved Oberyn. Everyone else is so damn dark and he was perky and funny and charming and I am seriously angry that any character I've liked either gets **** on or brutally murdered.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

In book form, this is true.

However, I believe I read that David Benioff, and D. B. Weiss know the intended ending of the series.

According to the DVD commentary, this is correct.
  • He's writing novel 6 currently which was supposed to be the last book in the series, however, I believe he stated there will be a 7th book to finish the story because there was too much more content to cover.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I will miss that actor. He did such a good job.

And he's hot. :-P

Agreed!

Love Pedro Pascal <3
  • benaddict
    Options
    Eddard's beheading definitely set the tone for the books as well as the show. He wasn't the first (well, Robert was first I guess) main character to die and wasn't the last to be sure.

What I really enjoy doing is throwing out fake spoilers on my Facebook just minutes before the new episodes air so all my friends who haven't read the books, which is ALL of them, get pissed off at me. Take last night for example. 8:55 pm I posted "Can't wait for the trial by combat and the way Tyrion dies horrifically at the end!" I got a lot of hate-posts for that one.

Haha, must remember that for the finale! I don't have much sympathy for people who get upset about GoT spoilers. The first book was published nearly 20 years ago, and the book that this season is based on was published 14 years ago...
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Eddard's beheading definitely set the tone for the books as well as the show. He wasn't the first (well, Robert was first I guess) main character to die and wasn't the last to be sure.

Haha, must remember that for the finale! I don't have much sympathy for people who get upset about GoT spoilers. The first book was published nearly 20 years ago, and the book that this season is based on was published 14 years ago...

I said something on twitter about Joffrey finally getting his and someone flipped out. I was like dude, that was in the book AND the show already. STFU.
  • benaddict
    Options
    He's writing novel 6 currently which was supposed to be the last book in the series, however, I believe he stated there will be a 7th book to finish the story because there was too much more content to cover.

The plan at this point is 7 books, but this article says there may be one more...

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/06/reader-alert-game-of-thrones-might-blow-out-to-eight-books/