Haters - You Don't Have Them

Options
13»

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP knows what is meant by haters, and he knows that he sees it in tons of threads around here.

People get called haters, meanies, bullies, etc. Usually just because someone doesn't like what they are hearing because it's not what they want to hear. Those words get thrown around like they are nothing.

OP Posts only wanting to hear what they want to hear, but they don't say that in their post.
    Gets varying opinions.
    Doesn't like getting anything other than pats on the back.
    Gets mad and calls everyone mean, bullies, or haters.
    OP continues with the butthurt and is actually the one that turns mean.

There are a dozen of these threads every single day. I guarantee you'll see all of those words, or some combination of those words in those posts. It's usually thrown around in threads where no one has been mean, but someone has perceived it as mean because they don't know how to separate their emotions and read things with an open mind. Or they get upset because deep down they know the other person is right, because in the back of their head it's what they've been hearing, but they are in denial.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the posts that most people don't hate - they just like to express their opinion in a overly direct way.

That being said I have one member actually post that they hated me - it was to date the proudest moment of my time on MFP!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The word haters does get overused. I always thought the intention of it was a light hearted way to brush off actual hate. An example of actual hate being the members of the Westboro Baptist Church (as an extreme example). It's not letting those hateful people bring you down and putting on a gay pride show instead. It's not hate directed at an individual, but hate to a group.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I get assh*le or smart*ss much more frequently than I get "hater". Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU7QXnNwJdXQ1P2dkbY0DfExHgBaPgx70qlGH15m70FrUEAnE00A
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    minions-lightbulb-o_zps8adadcc8.gif
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say bacon? :laugh:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Oh, Sad Grandpa.....

fez-that-70s-show-i-love-you.gif
    Indeed.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Oh, Sad Grandpa.....

fez-that-70s-show-i-love-you.gif
    Indeed.

From me too.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    What about negative nellies, buzz kills, detractors, and ne'er do wells? Can we keep them?
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    What about negative nellies, buzz kills, detractors, and ne'er do wells? Can we keep them?

Without them we'd have Happy Pushers and I can't abide by that.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people mentioning haters in threads.

"You are all a bunch of haters! or "Ignore the haters!"

But I'm not seeing much hate. Most of the time, it seems to me me, these declarers of hate are doing something clearly wrong or dangerous, or just being a complete jerk, and when someone points that out, defensiveness sets in and cries of hater erupt.

Here's the truth. People generally don't know or care enough about you to hate you. They are just reacting to your poor behavior.

Calling them haters is a sign of incredible immaturity and a lack of self awareness.

If you think you've got haters, you've most likely gone horribly wrong somewhere in life. Take a step back and rethink what you're doing.
    I concur. People sometimes get a bit defensive, don't they?

Haters is a strong word too.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Without them we'd have Happy Pushers and I can't abide by that.

No ma'am. That dog won't hunt.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You don't know me. Maybe I'm a huge ***** and people DO actually hate me.