Let's talk football: 2014 Super Bowl Prediction

Options
jaxass
jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
I know it's early but I'm already anticipating football season. So, let's go out on a limb and make a prediction for this upcoming year.

NFC Championship game: 49ers vs. Seahawks
AFC Championship game: Broncos vs. Colts (maybe Patriots)

Super Bowl: 49ers vs. Broncos

Champions: Defense wins championships...49ers!

That was difficult for me since I'm no Niners fan, that' s for sure. I'm a TEXANS fan (I say that quietly these days, too)

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Pretty early, but I am game, at the very least I can come back and laugh at myself when my predictions aren't close to happening...

NFC Championship: Saints vs. Seahawks
    AFC Championship: Broncos vs. Patriots

Super Bowel: Saints vs. Broncos

Winner: Saints

Full Disclosure - I am a Saints fan :laugh: so I am totally being a "homer" (even tho im from Toronto lol) . In all seriousness - I think the additions of Brandin Cooks to the offence, and Jarius Byrd to the D will keep them in contention.
  • pmm7692
    pmm7692 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    NFC- Packers vs. Seahawks.
    AFC- Broncos vs. Patritots

Super Bowl:
    Packers over Patriots

This is all based on GB and NE being way healthier than they were last year... Who knows if that'll happen.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Da Bears over da Broncos in a close one... a hunerd an fifty tree ta six.
  • druburt
    druburt Posts: 9
    Options
    NFC: Seahawks vs. 49ers
    AFC: Broncos vs. Ravens

Superbowl: Ravens over Seahawks

#RavensNation
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Dear god I hope Broncos can redeem themselves after last Superbowl's disaster. :/
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    This season the New York Jets will finally shake off the curse of Joe Namath and win another SB. You read it here first.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    NFC: Seahawks vs. 49ers
    AFC: Broncos vs. Ravens

Superbowl: Ravens over Seahawks

#RavensNation

Perfectly said.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My prediction is that the Cowboys will suck. As usual. Tony Romo will once again manage to snatch a few defeats from the jaws of victory, and Jason Garrett will still have a job cause he is Jerry Jones' boy toy. Please pass the vaseline....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Da Bears over da Broncos in a close one... a hunerd an fifty tree ta six.

I like you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My prediction is that the Cowboys will suck. As usual. Tony Romo will once again manage to snatch a few defeats from the jaws of victory, and Jason Garrett will still have a job cause he is Jerry Jones' boy toy. Please pass the vaseline....

I like you, too.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think the Toronto Maple Leafs have a shot at the Super Bowl this year...well, more than they have a shot at the Stanley Cup at least...

I'll say the Lions, just because I always pick teams that are underdogs...or just bad.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Pretty early, but I am game, at the very least I can come back and laugh at myself when my predictions aren't close to happening...

Full Disclosure - I am a Saints fan :laugh: so I am totally being a "homer" (even tho im from Toronto lol) . In all seriousness - I think the additions of Brandin Cooks to the offence, and Jarius Byrd to the D will keep them in contention.

^^ You. I like you.

Thx & WHODAT :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Since I am a Saints fan - who just got season tickets- I love this!!!!
  • healthyscratch1978
    Options

I could definitely see this happening, if Rob can coordinate the defense as well as he did last year. Byrd is a fantastic player, and Cooks gives them juice.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I think the NFC will be a shootout between saints and seahawks

AFC clear cut is the Broncos

I see Peyton winning this year and hanging it up....He works to hard to be let down twice in a row

Also, he will be coaching at University of Tennessee within 5 yrs of his retirement....mark my word lol
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I predict based upon the trends of previous years, the Bengals will start out strong and everyone will say they're a great team, and then they'll choke and take our dreams of a SuperBowl with them.
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cardinals - First Time Home Field Advantage In A Superbowl - Win!

:wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The 2014 Superbowl was already played, Dude. It was on February 2nd. The Seahawks defeated the Broncos 43-8.

Here's the Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLVIII
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Ummm...Super Bowl 2014 is over. Seahawks destroyed Denver.

As for Super Bowl 2015 - I am going to go for a repeat of 2014 - I'll take the Seahawks over Denver.