What will you be eating for lunch?

Options
13»

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat this one Chicken Pan De Sal bun from a Filipino bakery. :) Not my usual lunch; it's just something I bought the other day and I forgot to eat it. Lol. I'm also gonna have a side of raw veggies, toasted nori sheets, and some mustard-peanut butter-miso sauce to dip the veggies in. You can get lots of fiber just by eating fruit throughout the day!! Mangoes and bananas are my favorites with 4 or more grams each, depending on variety... I drink whole fruit smoothies with flaxseed or chia seeds in the morning or for dessert and that gives TONS of fiber. Chickpea beans/tortilla or sweet potatoes/yams are great too. :)
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    On cheat meals I eat whatever I feel like eating. Last time it was lamb shank with mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

Today, on the other hand, I will be eating wonton soup with dumplings. It's a little high-sodium, but it's filling and really satisfying.
  • Boosier3
    Boosier3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner last night...tilapia filet, baked sweet potato fries and edamame! Delish.
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was so exhausted last night I fell asleep while putting my little one to bed so I woke up still in my clothes- today I will have to go out to buy lunch (which I hate doing) but i plan on having a pollo bowl from El pollo Loco

usually though- i have a bed of spinach or spring mix with lots of tomato/onion/cucumber/red bell pepper with 4-5 oz of protein (turkey/shrimp/grilled chicken) and a side of balsamic vinegar

kinda boring but I find that if I keep my choices limited i tend to stick with them that way i don't have to think about it.. i just KNOW that's what im having. Also makes for easier grocery shopping! my list is almost always the same.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I prepared my food for the week on sunday. So I'll be eating Baked chicken with Mustard, 1c brown rice and 1c steamed broccoli with a dash of salt on the rice.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Baked talapia with Thai Cucumber Salad. The cucumber salad is one of my favs AND it's very low cal... so I'm going to share the recipe! It's also a bit high in sodium so if you're watching that number, beware!

1 whole cumcumber, sliced and quartered (you can remove some or all of the skin if you like)
    Cilantro, to taste
    Shallot, to taste
    Mint, to taste

Dressing:
    1T fresh lime juice (about 1/4 a large lime)
    1T fish sauce
    .25t brown sugar substitute (or brown sugar)
    .25t crushed red chilli flakes (more or less depending on your love for SPICE... I use a whole teaspoon)

#nomnom
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had a buffalo chicken wrap. First time having it, but it was good and filling.

Buffalo chicken sliced, lettuce, light mayo, sliced tomatoes.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Today I had a chopped salad that I prepared at home. A whole tomato, half a red bell pepper, a mini cucumber, a handful of baby carrots, some sugar snap peas, 1/2 cup of chick peas, a handful of blueberries, a small can of white albacore tuna in water, and two tablespoons of home made balsamic vinaigrette. Turned into a HUGE salad w/529 calories and 40 g of protein. Yum and travels easily.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, asparagus, broccoli and couscous salad with smoked chicken :)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I usually do a light salad with grilled chicken and a homemade vinaigrette (light on the oil)

Ditto. Sometimes I jazz it up with roasted sweet potatoes but not today.