• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    11/01/10 : 207.4 lbs
    11/08/10: 206.6 lbs
    11/15/10: 206.0 lbs
    11/22/10: 205.2 lbs
    11/30/10:

Well I made my goal of getting to the gym every single day last week - even was there for 3 hours on Friday night! Yesterday I helped CJ move for over 14 hours! It was a GREAT day, but it wore me out! We had such a fun time together :love:

I'm hoping I can at least shave off another pound by next week, but Aunt Flo is coming...I'm so tired of waiting for One-derland - just bring it already! :mad: I'm sure that I'm retaining a lot of water right now, as I didn't get quite enough water in on Saturday or Sunday with helping CJ move. I did try to keep drinking my water as much as possible, but my ring was stuck on my finger last night & I couldn't get it off...its still a bit tight today. Oh well...gotta drink up the next few days! :drinker:
  • kintegra
    Options
    Just talked to my friend that I do the water aerobics class with on Monday & Wednesdays. Well since I told her she has to drive herself, as I want more gym time, she didn't go at all last week. Now she decided that she just isn't going to go all together. She is quitting. REALLY? :noway: Mind you SHE is the reason I am taking this class! :grumble: :angry: :laugh: Its funny, yet irks me that she isn't going now. What the heck?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just talked to my friend that I do the water aerobics class with on Monday & Wednesdays. Well since I told her she has to drive herself, as I want more gym time, she didn't go at all last week. Now she decided that she just isn't going to go all together. She is quitting. REALLY? :noway: Mind you SHE is the reason I am taking this class! :grumble: :angry: :laugh: Its funny, yet irks me that she isn't going now. What the heck?
    Aw! Keep up the good work, you are doing excellent, and she'll probably come around. Maybe you can guilt her back into it. :bigsmile:
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning and they were talking about how many calories the average person consumes during the Thanksgiving meal.

So I Googled it and yes, this seems to be average - there are a whole bunch of sites about this very subject! About.com has a calculator that adds it up and tells you how many steps you'd have to take to walk it off.

I'm not doing this to torture myself, but just to stay conscious. My normal net calorie intake is supposed to be 1200, although I'm usually at 1500 with exercise calories. Because I don't eat the meat or gravy, my total meal came in at 2500. So, my plan is to get the net calories of the meal down to 1500:

1 extra workout Thursday am: -400
    No bread: -100
    Walk after meal: 100
    1 extra workout Saturday: -400

I'm also going to practice dishing out 1/2 cup servings, because that seems to be key. And because we are doing the desserts, we are making mini apple pies and mini red velvet cake muffins.

No matter what, I swear to write everything down.

No bread
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi all...been really busy and haven't had time to check in with everyone. My kids and I are home all this week (thanks to the state of california our teachers have furlough days and this is the first of them)

CW 177.5

finally get to see a drop for this challenge so I am thrilled. Hoping to not overindulge too much on Thursday but am making some skinny mashed potatoes and will have just little bits of everything. I don't plan on denying myself but I don't plan on diving head first into the buffet table either.

Enjoy all and Happy Thanksgiving.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    so please remember to think of what you are thankful for--celebrate that and enjoy your family (i wil be without my dad this year :brokenheart: ...that;s why I put his pic for my profile, really miss him

Tina - keep him in your heart this holiday season. We are having the same struggle as we just lost Dad two months ago. Everytime I think about making his favorite on Thursday I start to cry (but I will still make it)

Enjoy your family everyone and gives extra loves as you never know what tomorrow might bring!!!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Please keep my friend Thailia in your thoughts today, she is in court today fighting to get her son back. How wonderful would it be if he gets to come home for Thanksgiving!

In other news, the scale is up again... 153 now. Arg Darn that darn cake! Anyway, I am just trying to keep in focus. What did I think would happen? Well, I guess I didn't think at all.

I am happy to get a few days off of work and very thankful for my family and my wonderful friends (you all included)!

I need to get my butt into gear and start exercising!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all....hope your week is going well...got 2 days of working out in a row...feel pretty good....hate it when I get away from my workouts....Having Thanksgiving at my house planning a couple lower calorie/fat options but also the old staples....hope everyone is going to spend some time with loved ones.....talk to you all later!!.....:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    The scale just hasn't been moving for a couple of months so I need to look for something else to celebrate sooo
    Today is my one year anniversary of quitting smoking. smiley-dance005.gif Officially one whole year smoke free!!!!
    smiley-bounce016.gif
  • kintegra
    Options
    The scale just hasn't been moving for a couple of months so I need to look for something else to celebrate sooo
    Today is my one year anniversary of quitting smoking. smiley-dance005.gif Officially one whole year smoke free!!!!
    smiley-bounce016.gif

How fabulous, Robin! That is wonderful that you made that decision! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Robin - congrats on your 1 year smoke-free anniversary!! :drinker:

I'm still doing well on my sugar-free plan. This is day 12. I snuck a bite or two of the kids' Kraft Dinner tonight (oh sorry, Kraft macaroni and cheese for you americans :happy: ). I'm attributing it to not eating any afternoon snacks. I felt full from lunch most of the afternoon, but should have had something before leaving work anyway...

Speaking of americans... Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful that it is just a regular day for me tomorrow! :laugh:

Exercise has been lacking this week - I need to get back at it.
  • aprilfit
    aprilfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I need a challenge and I need some support.
    Did great last year lost 30 pounds. This year has been crazy.
    I moved, relationship issues trying to work and go to school.
    I've have gained 19 pounds. I can hardly believe it.
    Luckily I have time to get back on track before my holiday Jan25th.
    Trying to lose 2 pounds this week.
    Then on to the December challenge.

146287.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING all....have a great day with your family, forget your diet for a day and be thankful....:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

I am being bad, bad, bad this holiday. My brother is in town for the first time in a year, and we are cooking all of his favorite meals. We are also eating Thai and Mexican food since he can't find that in the area he lives now. Shame on me!

I was prepared for this setback so I do not feel too bad. After today, I am back to my normal diet!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!! Remember what you are thankful for, be it family or health. Indulge a bit (or even a lot) for one holiday dinner Celebrate and enjoy your family and friends and your healthier life!! ♥
  • kalmf
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Speaking of americans... Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful that it is just a regular day for me tomorrow! :laugh:

Same here..phew! :laugh:

Anyway..Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US :smile: I must admit i don't know much about it though :blushing:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, even without Thanksgiving (I'm in Canada and ours was last month), if ever there was a day for me to fall off the wagon, today could have been the day. I didn't plan my day's snacks properly, as I forgot I wouldn't be going home for lunch, because I had to drop my car off at lunch to get my snowtires put on. My husband met me at the tire place, and wanted to go to either a fish'n'chip place or McDonald's for lunch, so I picked McDonald's and had a grilled chicken caesar salad (no croutons or even dressing, since the chicken seemed to have a kind of sauce on it anyway). I had no afternoon snacks from home, and the only options at work were chocolate bars or chips, so I just didn't eat anything, which of course is usually how my cravings get triggered - getting too hungry... So when I got home I was very tempted to eat garbage, but instead I had a small leftover portion of chicken curry, and made a salad that I topped with some chicken fingers that I made for the girls. Then the girls were eating a few chips for dessert, and I admit that I ate 3. But really, only 3!? That is unheard of for me, once I get started. I also figured out that I forgot my vitamins this morning, but then took them tonight. So, everything turned out great, after all. I'm happy to have the experience of making good choices even under pressure / temptation - makes me feel stronger.

I hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving!! Have a great turkey-induced sleep tonight!! :yawn:
  • kalmf
    Options
    Well done dmgaloha - it could have been a disastrous day but you made it through. Three chips is NOTHING!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Decided at the last mintue to go out of town with my mom and brothers, we're headed out soon. Just thought I'd pop in and tell you all to try and have a great weekend. If you are shopping out there, be careful, there are some crazies out, including drivers, so be careful! And for those working this weekend, I hope it goes quickly for you so you can spend some time with the family. Didn't weigh in this morning, didn't want to set myself up for a sodium gain the day after Thanksgiving, so I'll have to wait til Monday. Enjoy your weekends all and see ya Sunday night/ Monday morning. :heart: Bru