Ladies only-who does this? I envy you!

Options
dwh77tx
dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
I know a lot of people who work out, then just hang out in their workout clothes for the rest of the day!? I cannot do that - I get so sweaty and am prone to female issues if I don't get into dry clothes right away!
Do you or don't you? Ladies?

Replies

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I've been known to put my workout clothes on 4 hours before I work out but once I'm done working out, they gotta come off expecially my sports bra!!!
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What she said. I also sometimes come home and shower, then put on clean workout clothes.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Uh-uh! They got to go as soon as I'm done!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I keep my workout clothes on.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm in the minority...get home from working out and have to make dinner, walk the dogs, etc, so I usually air dry until bedtime
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo lazy sometimes, yeah I am still wearing my workout clothes right now as we speak...3 hours post-work out. Will change soon.

This is usually only after doing more moderate exercise--I was not sweating buckets or anything. I know it's gross but just too tired to change when I get back sometimes!

Oh ETA: I don't think this causes any major hygiene issues!
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nope, no way. Sometimes I change even when I get sweaty out about!
    And shower before bed!

Though I do love wearing my workout clothes out and about. Super comfy!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm in the gym for a few hours so as soon as I get home(sometimes Ill stop by the store or have to pick up kid or something) I take them off, put them in washer and jump in the shower.

I like to smell good. lol
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    oh good grief no !! I stay in my clothes as long as it takes to get home but I am just gross after a workout !
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I try to take them off right away.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I workout after work, at or near work depending what I'm doing that day, and by the time I get home after a 20 minute drive with the windows down, I'm pretty well dry and ready to start making dinner. so I often stay in them until bedtime but wipe down with baby wipes before starting dinner. If I'm really soaked or feeling gross, I'll shower as soon as I get home.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ill admit - I go work out in the morning, may do some house work, possibly work out again later...
    I wake up, put on clean workout clothes..and I stay in them all day long. I bask in it. Like a badge of honor.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning but I don't really sweat a lot when I exercise so when I have no other plans for the day, I could keep them on. If I'm going somewhere else, I like to lightly clean myself with a warm wet towel and change into something else. I'm the type that likes to dress nice where ever I go, even if it's to the grocery store. :)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I have been swimming for exercise.
    The suit stays on for several hours.
    Considering 100 degrees.
  • 40Jamieful
    40Jamieful Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a clothes changer. And if I am good, I will put a towel on the car seat because I get paranoid that the car will start to smell like the gym.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm running workouts back to back with dance class- and even from the time it takes me to drive the 6 miles to class- I can tell I'm starting to "ferment"... then 2 hours of sweaty drippy hard work later- I try to get home and shower- STAT.

Occasionally- I have to go to the market- and holy crap- I can't stand the smell of myself- it's awful... them john's come off as soon as I can get out of them in the doorway. I hate hanging out in dirty workout clothes!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I go to the work-gym right after work. I'm usually drenched afterwards so I always hit the showers when I'm done. Even when I'm home, right after a workout, I run a hot tub of water for a bath. I'm too sweaty after a workout to keep my gym clothes on.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm in the minority...get home from working out and have to make dinner, walk the dogs, etc, so I usually air dry until bedtime
    I get dressed for running - the dog needs to go out. I come home from running - the dog needs to go out (replace needs with wants if you please).
    I may skip the shower, especially if I am doing something active later, but i always put on fresh clothes.

Smell isn't everything :wink:
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I always come home and shower right away. I sweat way too much to even think about keeping my workout gear on. Just yuck!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I leave them on until all my workouts for the day are done. I need to walk/ jog/ run with my dogs around lunch time, so mornings in workout clothes, afternoon freshly showered in new clothes.
    Stef.