Unconditional Support Group - November

Options
So ... I didn't see the new November thread. I hope this is okay that I started one.

Okay ... so I blew it big time this weekend. I don't know why. Hmmm, maybe it's because I'm starting back into a routine at my Gym tonight so somehow that made it okay to pig out just one last time. It's weird how that little voice in my head works. I have to somehow silence that dang little voice. I gained a few pound this weekend. Oh well, what's done is done. Lots of water today and ZUMBA tonight!!! Woo Hoo.

material-zumba-logo.jpg

Replies

• profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Haven't tried Zumba yet. I am such a lousy dancer! I hear it is wonderful. I did ok this weekend, although I had some sangria on Saturday night, some bread yesterday, and basically that was the bad stuff. I just wish this whole process would be easier. Seems that some people lose 4-5 pounds a week (which I know isn't really good), but it surely doesn't motivate me! I still let look at other people and what they accomplish. Not a good habit. Anyway, babbling here. I will behave today, try to exercise. I thought maybe I would try to exercise more than once a day and less each time. Instead of 50 or 60 minutes at once, maybe 20-30 each time? What do you all think?
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Absolutely OK!! Thanks Maggs for doing that ;)

I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Halloween candy. I'm so glad I exercised so much yesterday to make up for it!

It's a new month, does anyone have any goals for the month they want to share? My goal is to be at 180 by the end of November. I am 184 right now .. I think that is doable :)

C'mon everyone, Let's Share!!!

Debi
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did not do to awful this weekend and the only reason is I exercised a ton so I could be a little bad. Weigh in is tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then. One of my friends put out a challenge to do 50 push up a day for Nov. I'm starting against the wall for now will work my way to girlie push ups. Join in let's get those flabby arms into shape. Mine need it in a huge way!
  • amj56
    amj56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok. I will like to be down 10 lbs. by Dec. 1 . I think that's doable. I did exercise 5 days last week. I am going to do 5 days this week and work up.
    Oh yes the halloween candy gone and so is the Ice cream. Straight and narrow now. Got all my water , so doing better. Have not weighed in yet. Will on Friday morning.

Deb, you are doing great.

I heard of Zumba do you have to be coordinated to do it?

Love this board not negativity.

Have a Great monday!

Ann
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Zumba is just plain fun, burns tons of calories, and makes your heart strong. Hardly anybody ever gets the coordiantion part of it right ... it's all about having fun and getting healthy.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello November!

Profjan, I think it's a great idea to try to split up your workouts, especially if it means you'll stick to it! Whatever works, right?

I joined some people for a P90X challenge starting today and I have a feeling tomorrow my abs are going to be absurdly sore! I wanted to do it with my boyfriend, my idea was that we'd strengthen our bond through fitness (or something), but he was so negative during our workout this morning that I don't know if I can stick with him on it! (he was negative about himself not being able to do the moves that the guys in the dvd do, which NOBODY can do on day one anyways, but it was still getting me really down :frown: ). But here's hoping. I'm not giving up on him yet! I did buy him a very cool exercise mat that's all black and says 'calm' in blue at the front, maybe that'll help!
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am not sure if this is ok but I haven't been in this group. But I could really use people that are on at least once a day. All the friends that I have no longer are on here. I just finished P90X and I lost a total of 30 pounds for that one. I am also just starting Insanity and could really use some pushing. I am trying to get in shape because I have a kid that is coming into the world in January and really want to be fit for him and so I can keep up with him. So please if you think u can help I would love it. Plus if you need help I am always on at least 6 times a week. So write me or friend me. Thanks.

My goals for this month is to be down to 254 so that is only 15 pounds this month. Not to hard. Ms with insanity to help me burn it and u all I know I can.
  • profjan6
    Options
    You guys are great! So much information here. I might try Zumba....I am really not coordinated! haha I know they sell dvds for it so maybe that would be good for someone like me. I broke up my workouts today and it was easier to take. I am grateful for all your advice. Thanks!
  • magglett
    Options
    ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUMBA ... I Loved Loved Loved it. What a great way to jump back on the exercise wagon.

zumba.png&t=1
  • profjan6
    Options
    I tried breaking up my workouts into 2 sessions and it works pretty well. Sometimes I can do longer amounts but lately I've gotten antsy! I have found it easier to do if I have enough time in the day to break it up.
    Have to go to the doc on Friday, so I hope my blood work, etc. is better. It was much improved last time, so I am optimistic.
    Beautiful autumn day here!
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Hello people! It is raining here in North Texas today ... but that's alright! Personally, I enjoy the rain :)

Yesterday was kind of a blah day for me just in general. Nothing specific and not a bad day, just not a good one either. But hey, I'll take blah over bad pretty much any time.

So here are some non-food/exercise related question for everyone:
    Do you decorate it up big or small or what for Christmas?
    What is your favorite Christmas song?
    What is your favorite Christmas movie?
    What are you asking Santa for for Christmas this year?

And if you celebrate something other than Christmas, just change your answers to match up :)

Have a great day!
    Debi
  • magglett
    Options
    Debi: This is way fun.

Do you decorate it up big or small or what for Christmas?
    Big big big time decorate ... I'm a Christmas Geek ... I LOVE IT!!!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
    Carol of the Bells

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
    Hmmmm ... Scrooged? no no It's A Wonderful Life? no wait A Christmas Carol? How the Grinch Stole Christmas, all of the Home Alone movies, do I really have to choose just one??? Hmmm ... that's a toughy.

What are you asking Santa for for Christmas this year?
    I'm hoping to have my family together. I live in Niagara on the Lake, one daughter lives in Toronto, and one is in Ottawa. Their schedules are crazy busy. So if I can get together with them all at the same time for a day, that's present enough for me.

christmas_clipart_5.jpg
  • amj56
    Options
    Congrats on the 30lbs. I have heard of the P90X and most people I know can't make it thru or past the first day. So you are doing great.
    The INSANTITY I have heard the name but no one I know has done this. By the name it sounds worse than P90X.

We are all here for Support. On congrats on becoming a dad. Let us know how you are progressing.

Not sure at my age if I want to go for the P90X. I am working on walking 3 miles a day. I am up to 1 1./2 4 times a week for sure sometimes 5.

Keep up the good work
    You can do what you put your mind to. I want to be down 10 lbs. this month. working on it.

Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    Hello people! It is raining here in North Texas today ... but that's alright! Personally, I enjoy the rain :)

Yesterday was kind of a blah day for me just in general. Nothing specific and not a bad day, just not a good one either. But hey, I'll take blah over bad pretty much any time.

So here are some non-food/exercise related question for everyone:
    Do you decorate it up big or small or what for Christmas? BIG - Love Christmas
    What is your favorite Christmas song? - I'll be home for Christmas and all of the other ones too.
    What is your favorite Christmas movie? - Christmas Story - Elf and many others
    What are you asking Santa for for Christmas this year? - nothing

And if you celebrate something other than Christmas, just change your answers to match up :)

Have a great day!
    Debi
  • Happy__Feet
    Options
    Hi. I'm so glad I found your thread!!! :happy: I need major support... I have over 100 lbs to lose and I am completely unmotivated. Can anyone give me some tips on overcoming depression and making positive changes in my life? (Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like - I can use all the motivation and accountability I can get!) I am also trying to eat a more healthy diet - I've heard the "mediterranean diet" and exercise can help with depression. I've just started the new diet and I do feel a little more enegetic. :smile: Anyway, thanks for posting this thread! I look forward to interacting with you all! :flowerforyou:
  • caitlynsdad
    caitlynsdad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my goal for this month is to lose 6.2kgs, so I have planned my exercise around what I can achieve now, what I would like to achieve & possibly reduce my calorie goal, still thinking about that one though :).

Zumba, I would like to give that a go, just got to figure out how I can work it into a already tight exercise schedule. It looks like a really fun way of exercising & I used to love dancing, not sure if I'd be able to keep up though lol.

Happy Feet, what I know about depression is that it's hard to stay motivated when everything seems to be getting on top of you/us, all I can suggest is that we try & surround ourselves with positive people, it helps reducing the daily struggles, as for MFP I have a app on my phone which I update whenever I eat (as do most on this board), and it helps when having a bad day to look back at the awesome post your friends leave you when we've accomplished something.

My other goal for this month is to try & get through the month with as little suprises as I can, it's going to be hard as it's my birthday this month & that is all I need, another mile stone round my neck lol.

Back to the questions...
    Fav song "I saw mummy kissing Santa Clause"
    Fav Movie "Look who's talking now"
    asking from Santa "A happy & healthy year for everyone"

Also on the post re: P90X, I can't say I've heard of it, I would like to look into it but I think I'm chugging along ok at the moment.
    Have a good day everyone & keep updating, it's fun reading.
  • magglett
    Options
    1-Jan5-day.jpg
  • amj56
    Options
    HI Happy Feet. Sounds like your are going in the right direction. Keep a blog or journal of what you eat and how much you exercise. Commit to 5 days a week and then grow from there and then it becomes easier. I know for myself if I try to conquer the world in one bite. I normally fail. Yes, taking a walk will help with Depression. Although if your depression is really bad I would consult your dr.
    I am so happy all the Halloween candy is gone. I am committed to exercising 5 days this week. I want to lose 10 lbs by Dec 1st. I know Thanksgiving is in their but their are healthy work arounds and also, will do a little more exercise after dinner that day,. Trying to plan out my month will help.

Everyone is doing great and keep up the journey.

Ann
  • profjan6
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Doing fine with my workouts....I try to break it up if I have the time and that works pretty well. All this holiday talk....wow, Thanksgiving will be the hardest. It is a huge holiday for my family, and we eat, drink, and have a whole day of celebrating!
    Depression should definitely be treated by a doctor. I would encourage that. There are so many supplemental things to help, and maybe this is one of them. I hope so.
    I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do love the decorations and all the movies. We actually go to Rockefeller Center every Christmas Eve to walk around and see the big tree, store windows, and lights. It is beautiful!
    I love reading all your posts.
  • magglett
    Options
    Oh ... Rockefeller Center on Christmas Eve for a walk. That sounds so awesome. I bet it's beautiful.