Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lift heavier, run faster but lost weight...

2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Maybe the extra food was fueling your workouts but not weight gain because you were burning the cals?
    /thread
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    200 cals a day that could be put towards building muscle but instead were used to refuel less manly parts of your body since you decided to run.

My aren't you the precious one :)

Guess I'll just have to content myself with my Combat Fitness Test passes to a standard for someone ten years younger...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    From the perspective of someone trying to gain weight, it's pretty significant. But thanks for patting yourself on the back for running 7-8 hours.

Less than 200 cals a day. That's a couple of pieces of fruit.

Maybe a bit of a reality check in order there.

That said I'd agree the points up thread about goal selection. A decent triathlon performance isn't all that aligned with weight gain. Equally 90 minutes of running per week isn't enough even for a try-tri performance to be particularly credible.

200 cals a day that could be put towards building muscle but instead were used to refuel less manly parts of your body since you decided to run.

Also, 200 cals in a couple of pieces of chicken. Get lifting right, fly boy.

by the way this is totally inappropriate and unhelpful.

he is entirely correct that it is not a significant amount of running that cannot be combated with some extra food.

Do I agree in a thread about bulking it doesn't seem to make sense? Yes- I think we all agree with that- but it's not insurmountable.

I spend upwards of 10 hours a week dancing and I managed to put on 15 pounds during my bulk.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Just wanted to add my two cents regarding cardio. You are not going to lose muscle w/ an hour and a half cardio per week. I might recommend going faster pace, shorter distance for your triathalon training -assuming you are simply jogging now- as it may provide more bang for your buck.

Also, I would go so far as to say some light cardio can improve your workouts, as it will help relieve some of your soreness after leg day. But cutting that small amount of cardio is not the answer, unless you absolutely without a doubt just can't make up those calories by eating more.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    I believe it's pretty, when you have a good rest in a gap of time of let's say 1 week to a month your muscles aren't losing much strength from the daily routine but well rested, they 're better recovered and therefore gained new muscle fibers, for you to lose the already gained energy from gym you'd have to sit very slouchy for months probably.