Burger help please

2»

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    what about ground chicken... mixed with buffalo sauce... formed into patties with blue cheese in the middle? any thoughts? haha
  • mmonica
    mmonica Posts: 32 Member
    My favorite Homemade cheeseburger!

Wonder Light (or other light) Hamburger Bun
    Boca Burger Patty, Original Vegan
    1 slice Kraft Singles Fat Free Cheese
    1 Tbsp. Miracle Whip Light
    3 pickle slices
    tomato slice
    lettuce
    onion slice
    1 Tbsp. ketchup

Serving Size: 1 burger
    Calories: 240
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 1360mg
    Carbs: 34g
    Fiber: 8g
    Sugars: 9g
    Protein: 21g
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    what about ground chicken... mixed with buffalo sauce... formed into patties with blue cheese in the middle? any thoughts? haha

Just be sure to count the cals/measure the portions- bleu cheese can really add up quickly. But if that's what you like- eat it girl! You don't have to subsist on only diet food to lose weight! Enjoy your burger! mmmmmm bugery yumminess
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    I agree on people's turkey recommendation, but also would like to suggest Bison. Bison tastes just like beef to me, but it is leaner, and is way better than anything on a fast food burger menu!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    That's the fun in creating your own burgers. I like to juice veggies and sometimes I will take the pulp when I clean the juicer and use it in my burger recipe.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    My favorite Homemade cheeseburger!

Wonder Light (or other light) Hamburger Bun
    Boca Burger Patty, Original Vegan
    1 slice Kraft Singles Fat Free Cheese
    1 Tbsp. Miracle Whip Light
    3 pickle slices
    tomato slice
    lettuce
    onion slice
    1 Tbsp. ketchup

Serving Size: 1 burger
    Calories: 240
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 1360mg
    Carbs: 34g
    Fiber: 8g
    Sugars: 9g
    Protein: 21g

I use a Boca burger & 1 homemade turkey patty.... on a lightly toasted whole grain english muffin. With a slice of fat free american cheese, the miracle whip or fat free mayo mixed with ketchup, top with lettuce, tomato...... I call them my "healthy Big Macs"
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    ended up doing ground chicken with buffalo sauce. and reduced fat blue cheese in the middle. on a light wheat bun... can you say AMAZING!!! put it on my george foreman to get a little fat out ;)
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    I agree with everyone's suggestions, but if you really want the mickey d's. A regular hamburger and small fries is only about 500 calories, and surprisingly is enough food to be satiated.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    from chef jeremy....we have had these a few times and they are very very good....add grilled/broiled asparagus with olive oil spray and seasonings as a side and/or sweet potato wedges baked in the oven for like 40 mins and then broiled under the heat to crisp them up....perfect burger and fry dinner with less fat and calories....

PS i cut the recipe in half or a third to get 4 regular 6oz burgers

Bleu Cheese Burgers

Prep Time:30 min
    Start to Finish:30 min
    makes:12 burgers

1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
    1/4 cup water
    3 lb extra-lean (at least 93%) ground beef
    1 cup crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese (4 oz)
    1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
    1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon ground mustard
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    12 whole wheat burger buns
    12 leaf lettuce leaves
    12 tomato slices

1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix oats and water. Stir in beef, blue cheese, chives, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper sauce, pepper, mustard and salt until well mixed. Shape mixture into 12 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
    2. Place patties on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals. Cover grill; cook 11 to 13 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
    3. For each burger, layer lettuce, tomato and patty in bun.
    Contact Grill Directions: Heat closed contact grill 5 minutes. Place patties on bottom grill surface. Close grill; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.

Nutritional Information

1 Burger: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 490mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g); Protein 30g
  • Laura's Lean burger patties are delicious & very low in calories and fat! get some fat free cheese singles & some light rolls & enjoy!! :)

Never heard of them... where do they sell them??

my local Shoprite has them so your grocer would probably have them too. They are right in the meat department, NOT the frozen food section !
This discussion has been closed.