American Ninja Warrior

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
Anyone watching it? I watch it because it amazes me how athletic some of the contestants are. A 56 year old almost made it to the end on a qualifier (missed on the 14 foot vertical ramp). And Kacy Catanzaro (5 ft tall) made history being the first female to complete a qualifier and make that 14 ft. vertical ramp!!! Should be an exciting season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I freakin' LOVE American Ninja Warrior.. I watch it for the same reason. I root for everyone to win because I am just so thoroughly impressed with their strength, agility, and just overall kick-*kitten*-ness. I literally scream and wince every time someone gets close to losing it.

Yep!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It is a solid show for sure. All those contestants are serious athletes, makes you feel really bad when they give you some guy inspirational back story and he crashes 20 seconds into the course.

Although I prefer the Japanese version because I laugh my @$$ off at all the screaming!
  • cjec21
    cjec21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love watching both the American and Japanese versions, and I was really impressed with Kacy Catanzaro's performance as well! It was shocking too that her trainer and boyfriend, Brent Stefenssen, got owned by the Ring Toss (or whatever the second to the last obstacle was).

Aside from the athleticism of the contestants, the obstacles that they come up with are just as amazing. It makes me think that working out and getting fit doesn't have to be a chore, you can do these things and have tons of fun :D
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I just saw Kacy's performance (I believe it aired last night) where she qualified for Mt. Midoriyama and I have two things to say:

WOW

and

TOWSON UNIVERSITY REP-RE-SENT!!!

So proud to be a Tiger :)
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This guy makes it look pretty easy.

ninja-1_zps7334cd78.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

epic share

and yes. This show is BOSS.
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, she rocked that course last night
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO KACY!!!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My kids and I are obsessed with this show.. Probably because my kids are competitve gymnasts. How can you not want to go workout after watching these awesome athletes?!?!

But yeah, being that I'm 5'0 like Kacy, seeing her climb the warped wall was beyond exciting for me! haha
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Anyone watching it? I watch it because it amazes me how athletic some of the contestants are. A 56 year old almost made it to the end on a qualifier (missed on the 14 foot vertical ramp). And Kacy Catanzaro (5 ft tall) made history being the first female to complete a qualifier and make that 14 ft. vertical ramp!!! Should be an exciting season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I used to, until many of the contenders bombed out at the last minute last year.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Don't have cable, but I've caught it a couple of times on the TV's @ the gym and man alive those are athletes! Impressive!
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I don't usually watch the show, but my boyfriend saw the link and sent it to me to watch, and I remembered her from Towson. She's a year younger than me. SO inspiring!!

For anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZFuw7a13E
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    LOVE this show! All the athletes are incredibly impressive, and I find them very motivating!
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    this is one of my absolutely favorite shows ever. i have been watching ninja warrior for years now, and i love that we have picked it up here in the states. i've been following a lot of these athletes since they first showed up in Japan, so its exciting to see it all grow as a legitimate sport. and i was so excited when kasey finished the course, and then the next two girls as well.

watching the show is an awesome way to pump myself up for another week of good workouts. its definitely one of the things that really pushed me to finally make a change for myself. looking forward to the rest of the season....maybe this will be the year someone wins!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I LOVE American Ninja Warrior!!!

Kacy was amazing! I stood up and clapped when she made it up the wall! ( I know it's silly )

Why my husband won't agree to turn our garage into a training course is beyond me?!?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    3 women have now gotten past the Warped Wall. it's amazing!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Kacy went into beast mode yesterday! She's awesome!! I'd addicted to the show. :P
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love it, it's a great motivator. I have no designs on ever being able to do any of it but I look at it as if all of those people can do that surely I can achieve my goals.
    I watched that tiny little girl complete her run and I was amazed and inspired, outstanding for her!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Best show ever!! My boyfriend got me hooked on it! :laugh:
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I love it too. Last weekend, I took my boys to the playground and we were climbing all over the outside of the big wooden play structure pretending to be Ninja Warriors. We were the only ones there, so nobody was wondering who the crazy middle aged woman climbing up the side of the tower was.