I love my body

Options
Seriously. It's kind of awesome.

My legs go all the way to the floor, and they even have feet attached for walking! My organs work to keep me alive! 30+ years and counting, and they are still going strong! No matter what happens to my skin, it just covers over it, and keeps on going! I have eyes that see, ears to hear, and all my hairs. I get to live in an amazing machine.

It's true that I have health issues, yet somehow i still wake each morning, and my body is still functioning. Despite"high risk" it still brought 3 healthy people into the world, and allows me to touch the people I love, even if I'm not a triathlete, and have to take daily medication.

Sure, I'll never be an Olympian, or a Victoria Secret model, but better than that- I'm me.

I hope I'm not the only one around here that loves their body and all it's flaws.

Replies

• BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Great job! You are awesome!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Your body is awesome! So is mine!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great post. I wish I loved my body right now, but since I have a pulled muscle, it would be more accurate to say it doesn't like me, LOL! :laugh:
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You are Beautiful! I too love my body. Its not perfect but its better than it used to be. I am thankful for all that it allows me to do. I will never quit trying to make it better but, in the meantime, it is mine and i LOVE it!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Great post. I wish I loved my body right now, but since I have a pulled muscle, it would be more accurate to say it doesn't like me, LOL! :laugh:

LOL, I do feel your pain! (literally) :wink:
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

LOL, I do feel your pain! (literally) :wink:

I have been going thru a serious back issue for the past 3 months and put on about 12 lbs in that time by lack of exercise and lack of self control/willpower with my eating while healing. NO matter what you are going thru, love your body not for what it cant do right now but all it has helped you achieve to date. I am sure you are Beautiful even with your pulled muscle.
  • PhantomMidnight
    PhantomMidnight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful post. And it's something that seems so obvious but I spend too much time criticizing my body and not enough time appreciating all of the things it does right! Thank you for posting this!
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love this! I have spent so much time hating mine and listing all the things I don't like about it. This actually made me stop and think about all the amazing things it does for me...and how I am really going to start taking better care of it, for real. :smile:
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options

Pain is only a reminder that we all need to rest!
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    I love this! I have spent so much time hating mine and listing all the things I don't like about it. This actually made me stop and think about all the amazing things it does for me...and how I am really going to start taking better care of it, for real. :smile:

Truthfully, I spent many years wishing I could just have a different body, and in a perpetual "diet". It wasn't until I started taking care of myself because I cared about ME, that the weight started to come off.
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    You are Beautiful! I too love my body. Its not perfect but its better than it used to be. I am thankful for all that it allows me to do. I will never quit trying to make it better but, in the meantime, it is mine and i LOVE it!

Loving myself and being the best I can be go hand-in-hand.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Truthfully, I spent many years wishing I could just have a different body, and in a perpetual "diet". It wasn't until I started taking care of myself because I cared about ME, that the weight started to come off.

Great post! I'm pretty fond of my body as well. I'm 67 and have no medical or chronic maladies. I'm becoming a trained Zumba instructor - have my first Zumba certification and am doing Zumba Gold training this weekend. I was discouraged years ago from trying to become a Jazzercise instructor, so I think I'm pretty cool!

I spent a lot of years bouncing up and down 20 or 25 pounds and finally I have stabilized. I'm strong from the exercise I do and I look pretty good too. ;-)

Oh, yeah! I'm also debt free with an almost 800 credit rating - 15 years ago I declared bankruptcy.

Life is pretty good.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    To the OP, are you an Aaron Sorkin fan?
  • Bucklebeak
    Bucklebeak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love this :-) We need to just get out of our heads once in a while to see how much we have to be grateful for. It all still works, maybe not as seamlessly as we'd like at times but our bodies give us so much more than we give them credit for. Thanks for this perspective, well timed after a rough few days.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    Where would I live without it?

I think this is a quote, so I can't take credit for it.
  • ponycyndi
    Options

Truthfully, I spent many years wishing I could just have a different body, and in a perpetual "diet". It wasn't until I started taking care of myself because I cared about ME, that the weight started to come off.:

Great post! I'm pretty fond of my body as well. I'm 67 and have no medical or chronic maladies. I'm becoming a trained Zumba instructor - have my first Zumba certification and am doing Zumba Gold training this weekend. I was discouraged years ago from trying to become a Jazzercise instructor, so I think I'm pretty cool!

I spent a lot of years bouncing up and down 20 or 25 pounds and finally I have stabilized. I'm strong from the exercise I do and I look pretty good too. ;-)

Oh, yeah! I'm also debt free with an almost 800 credit rating - 15 years ago I declared bankruptcy.

Life is pretty good.

THAT is an amazing body. I want to be like you when I grow up. :love:
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I really like this post. Your message is something I need to keep reminding myself of lately.
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    I love this :-) We need to just get out of our heads once in a while to see how much we have to be grateful for. It all still works, maybe not as seamlessly as we'd like at times but our bodies give us so much more than we give them credit for. Thanks for this perspective, well timed after a rough few days.

Sometimes we just need a reminder. I know I do! :flowerforyou:
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love my body too, regardless of the stage of "fatness" or "thinness" or everything in between-ness!! Grateful for its shelter and protection, the joy and pleasure it gives me, and even the pain it has carried. I want to eat in a more balanced and nutrient-dense manner, and I want to lose weight to reduce health risks and live a stronger life. And I love my body.
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    To the OP, are you an Aaron Sorkin fan?

Never heard of him, why?