I love my body

Options

Replies

• kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    To the OP, are you an Aaron Sorkin fan?

Never heard of him, why?

I've only heard the phrase "legs go all the way to the floor" twice, and both times it was in an Aaron Sorkin TV show: The West Wing, and Sports Night. If you look up the phrase, all results will be something to do with one of those two shows.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love my body too, regardless of the stage of "fatness" or "thinness" or everything in between-ness!! Grateful for its shelter and protection, the joy and pleasure it gives me, and even the pain it has carried. I want to eat in a more balanced and nutrient-dense manner, and I want to lose weight to reduce health risks and live a stronger life. And I love my body.

Beautifully put.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Great post! I always tell people that motivation that sticks comes from love of oneself, not hate. I love my body therefore I take care of my body. My body is a great body.
  • ponycyndi
    Options

Never heard of him, why?

I've only heard the phrase "legs go all the way to the floor" twice, and both times it was in an Aaron Sorkin TV show: The West Wing, and Sports Night. If you look up the phrase, all results will be something to do with one of those two shows.

Hahaha, Sports Night is one of my most favorite shows! I must have heard it there.
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    Great post! I always tell people that motivation that sticks comes from love of oneself, not hate. I love my body therefore I take care of my body. My body is a great body.

Aren't we so lucky to have such spectacular bodies?!:drinker:
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Never heard of him, why?

Hahaha, Sports Night is one of my most favorite shows! I must have heard it there.

I love Sports Night too! I have seen every episode at least 5 times, so its no wonder I can pick out quotes when I read them.
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    Other threads are sad pandas. This thread needs to be on top.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Aren't we so lucky to have such spectacular bodies?!:drinker:

Yes, we are.
  • HollyDee14
    HollyDee14 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I'm reminded of an Ingrid Michaelson song, Folding Chair, in which one of my lyrics is: "I have a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat." :)
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!!

I think having kids made me realize how great my body is and what it is capable of. Since then I have run multiple marathons and now lift some heavy weights. I love my 46 yo body more than I loved my 20 yo body which was so much skinnier.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I wish my feet went all the way to the floor. Ugh, my body sucks!
  • Modern_Warrior
    Options
    I wish my feet went all the way to the floor. Ugh, my body sucks!

As if... I've seen your pics, and your body is clearly showing off a HUGE amount of hard work and dedication! You look fantastic!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I'm reminded of an Regina Spektor song, Folding Chair, in which one of my lyrics is: "I have a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat." :)

FIFY
    :D

(one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite songtresses!)

I heart this thread!
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    Love this post!!!

I think having kids made me realize how great my body is and what it is capable of. Since then I have run multiple marathons and now lift some heavy weights. I love my 46 yo body more than I loved my 20 yo body which was so much skinnier.

You are one fantastic momma!
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    Fantastic. I'm reminded of an Regina Spektor song, Folding Chair, in which one of my lyrics is: "I have a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat." :)

FIFY
    :D

(one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite songtresses!)

I heart this thread!

I'm going to go look for this song right now!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options

Sure, I'll never be an Olympian, or a Victoria Secret model, but better than that- I'm me.

I hope I'm not the only one around here that loves their body and all it's flaws.

Hip Hip Hooray!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I love this post! As someone who despises just about every inch of my physical self, I greatly admire and envy anyone who has learned to love themselves. Way to go!
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    I love this post! As someone who despises just about every inch of my physical self, I greatly admire and envy anyone who has learned to love themselves. Way to go!

I think we all need to be reminded that you are more than your pretty face, or the number on a scale.
  • mikeshostek
    mikeshostek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 years now and over the last year I have finally started losing a lot after being on a roller coaster for the first two years. I'm loving some of the results but feel I am far from being able to say I am totally pleased with my body. After being embarrassed to even take off my shirt for many years my goal is to get to my goal weight and be proud of all the hard work I have put in and be able to feel totally comfortable showing and feeling like I have the body I have wanted since high school :)-

Mike
  • ponycyndi
    Options
    Great post! I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 years now and over the last year I have finally started losing a lot after being on a roller coaster for the first two years. I'm loving some of the results but feel I am far from being able to say I am totally pleased with my body. After being embarrassed to even take off my shirt for many years my goal is to get to my goal weight and be proud of all the hard work I have put in and be able to feel totally comfortable showing and feeling like I have the body I have wanted since high school :)-

Mike

You should be proud of the hard work you have done! I think it's important to be able to say that I work hard, and I'm proud of myself, even if I'm not perfect. Because none of us are. All the people I love are imperfect, including me.