Exercise Headphones

Options
13»

Replies

• cdougherty01
    Options
    Okay I know I can't be the only person on the face of this Earth that simply can't deal with "inner ear" style headphones

Now I've tried all types of gels and insertions for my ears and they all either fall out, or hurt my ears after a short amount of time. Recently I tried some different style "pseudo" ear buds

They are shaped differently with the speakers facing forward rather than towards the inner ear and have the supporting gel to keep them in. They worked "okay" but I couldn't keep them from sliding out enough that I lose a ton of bass / clarity on my sound.

How incredibly frustrating... I don't want to wear my nice Bose headphones because I will sweat and the earpads are made of foam, but can't deal with inner ear style.

Trying to find a solution!

If sound quality matters to you: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K

They are sometimes down around $10-12 too. They probably sound as good or better than your Bose over ears too, especially if you listen to metal.

woah, a bold claim... $15 headphones up against $180 Bose headphones.

idk man, I remain significantly skeptical

$15 Koss KSC's are better for many genres than Bose AE2, I have owned the AE2's (Christmas present) and many many many other pairs of headphones. Grado SR-60i's for $60-80 are easy to drive and I would gladly put them up against any Bose cans. Bose make OK home theater stuff but even that segment of their market is overpriced, but their headphones (same with Beats and crap) are marginal in sound quality.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I didn't particularly like the AE2's either..

I have the OE2's, I still disagree that any headphones you find that retail at $15 are going to compete. I don't care how much you dislike Bose, it's just not gonna happen.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Darn... one pair of On-Ears that were rated poorly -- a Beats by Dr. Dre (never wise) and the rest are all inner ear

I was hoping for more on ears or another factor

Thanks for the link though

Yeah, honestly the Soul stuff that I linked earlier and the Philips (first set in the TrustedReviews list) are about the two most comfortable "non-bud" phones I've tried (for exercise, specifically).

Sound quality on the Philips was meh in my opinion... Almost a poor imitation of the Beats sound, and I find that Beats lacks clarity in favor of thumping base -- not a terrible thing for running, but I tend to prefer crisp and balanced like my Etys and B&Ws.

A few of the buds in that list aren't full "in-ear", like the Sennheisers. They felt pretty good when I tried them on, but I've no idea how comfortable they'd be in actual use.

If in-ear of any sort is out of the question, I'd go definitely go Soul over Beats if cost isn't an issue.

The other option is to grab some cheap Sony model that you don't mind replacing occasionally. Sound's usually not terrible for the price, if you can find something that'll stay put when you're moving around.
  • cdougherty01
    Options
    I didn't particularly like the AE2's either..

I have the OE2's, I still disagree that any headphones you find that retail at $15 are going to compete. I don't care how much you dislike Bose, it's just not gonna happen.

Buy a pair, "Kramer Mod" them (takes 3 minutes) and give it a shot! Aside from the obvious "closed" vs. "open" sound difference, you'll be blown away. If you don't like them I'll buy them from you ;)
  • bmannen1
    bmannen1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    These are also the ones that I use and recommend...I cant stand the ones that go in your ear
    I've worn these for years and found them to be both comfortable and secure (since I can't get earbuds to work with my ears, I've searched a lot for good over-ear headphones):

SHS4700_28-IMS-en_US?wid=460&hei=335&$pngsmall$
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Adjustable-Headphones-SHS4700-28/dp/B003DKL57G
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump for info!