What's your easy, quick, go-to late night snack?

Options

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    why don't u just plan for ice cream? i eat a 1/2 cup of REAL ice cream about once a week.
    the other days i sometimes eat a fiber one brownie, i know processed and all but they are really good and do the trick for me
  • PowderPinkAlpaca
    Options
    0% greek yogurt with a teaspoon of jam and some frozen raspberries.
    It's my favourite food ever, but it's still pretty healthy :)
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Cliff Builders Chocolate mint protein bar. YUMMY!

^^ Definitely!

That or popcorn...depending on the day.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Fresh Blueberries and Raw Almonds

Almond butter over a sliced pear

1-2 squares of extra-dark (like 86%) chocolate

Twizzlers and donuts
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I either do a half container of greek yogurt or drink half an Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale or eat half a Quest Bar if I have on hand. If not I make a peanut butter foldover on the Nature's Own 50 calorie 100% whole wheat bread.

Sometimes before eating if I kind of went crazy on calories during the day I will try out a cup of hot decaf tea first. The slow sipping of a hot beverage sometimes satisfies the want to eat.
  • nicholebarker3
    Options
    For me, I love Celery and PB :) It's just sweet and crunchy enough to satisfy my cravings.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a bad girl... I go for the ice cream or cereal... or popcorn or nuts or an apple or grapes.. whatever I'm in the mood for that fits within my calories left for the day.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    A hummus single and one serving of tortilla chips. Sometimes I will have a quest bar.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Ya know, so you don't dive face first into ice cream or a bowl of cereal at 11 PM! I've been doing a handful of nuts, but was looking for a quick, satisfying fill me up.

Thanks!

I generally pour Lucky Charms into a bowl of Blue Bell Cookies N Cream....but that's me. If you prefer nuts, who am I to stop you?
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with honey & peanut butter and any other fun toppings I have on hand :)
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! You can snack on a good amount for not many calories.

Otherwise, if I'm really jonesing, some cheese or a hot beverage settles me down.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't know about 'late night' but when I want a quick snack my favorite is those P3 snack packs from Oscar Meyer.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    A tblsp of peanut butter :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I came to suggest ice cream >.> *backs slowly out of thread*

I'm with ya. 150 grams of gelato nightly.
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I go for an apple. Its quick and good. But I also like 1PatientBear's response. :-)
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Oooo I hate eating late after dinner, especially after I had already brushed my teeth. But I guess if I were to eat/drink something, I'd drink some hot tea or warm almond milk. I won't eat though... It's just a habit of mine. I can't stand eating at night.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat late, but I did the other night when I had calories left for the day. I have trouble with insomnia, so I looked up food that's supposed to be good for sleep. I had oatmeal with a tbsp of ground flax seed, which I couldn't even taste, and some honey. It really hit the spot! (Whether it helped me get to sleep or not needs further testing.) :smile:
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    String cheese :-)

^^ THIS
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Bowl of reeses puffs, always.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    String cheese :-)

Yep, this. I don't generally snack at night, but if I feel truly hungry and it's the weekend (i.e., not going to bed at 10 pm but staying up later) I will cook an egg and roll it up with a bit of chipotle dressing "inside" the roll up. Yum.