What's your easy, quick, go-to late night snack?

Options

Replies

• NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Depend on what mood I'm in. If I need something with an actual texture and can be chewed and swallows, I'd go for a boiled egg. If I need something cold and ice cream like, then greek yogurt. If I need chocolate I'd make sugar free hot cocoa.
  • Naanbread91
    Naanbread91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and/or some slices of ham/other sandwich meat.
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Cheese is always the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Totally.

tumblr_mejnl0uTaQ1qj13p7o1_500.gif
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have been having a ritual lately of hitting up 7-11 and getting a soft pretzel and a sugar free Slurpee. Surprisingly, the sugar free Slurpees are delicious and only 60 calories for a medium!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Ya know, so you don't dive face first into ice cream or a bowl of cereal at 11 PM!

Going to bed works.
  • f1redshoes
    f1redshoes Posts: 79
    Options
    As much as I love my proper scrambled eggs done exactly to my specific method, my go-to at night would be microwaved scrambled eggs with toast. Less that 2mins to make and it might just be the thing that stops me having a snack made of chocolate!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello
  • kma2053
    kma2053 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    low fat microwave popcorn regular size bag not mini
  • stephanie1373
    stephanie1373 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, or if I'm pretty hungry then I will have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. It's full of protein so it makes me feel satisfied longer so I don't go to bed feeling hungry. Plus I heard that it's good for weight loss and building muscle!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I go for a pint of semi skimmed :P
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Blue bunny has a sugar free 100 calorie ice cream I eat when I want a snack after dinner
  • Spodermun
    Spodermun Posts: 20
    Options
    sammij
  • mvlonergan
    mvlonergan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's not true that the brain can only run on carbs. It runs very well on ketone bodies. Fiber gets broken down into short chain fatty acids, which are then converted by the liver to ketone bodies, which then fuel the brain.

As for my fix, I like coconut oil, almond butter, and 100% cocoa powder mixed together. Sometimes I mix in pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, throw it in the freezer, and in 45 minutes I have no-sugar candy bar.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1 bag of microwave popcorn and a Miller Lite (386 cals). Great with a ball game on.

A banana (100 cals) with a teaspoon of peanut butter on every bite (about 9 teaspoons = 3 tablespoons = 285 cals) Yum! (385 all together).
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    a handful of frozen berries heated up in the microwave, topped with a couple of tablespoons of sheep yogurt (and sometimes some almonds, desiccated coconut, honey).
  • feliperss
    feliperss Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vanilla quark with frozen raspberries, it's delicious.
  • alishaq14
    alishaq14 Posts: 16
    Options
    Pretzel crisps and hummus!
  • trever240z
    Options
    usually 200g of volumious proats, top it with cereal,chocolate chips, peanuts or a nut butter, berries with about 300g of GY sludge, usually comes out to around 8 lbs + Or just a huge bowl of ice cream with protein sludge, and usually 4 servings of the GOAT cereal Reese's puffs. really just w/e fit's in my macros as i have a lot to mess around with.
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What do you consider a snack? Also - what are you doing when you snack? When I want to snack at night, I do my best to try to change up whatever I am doing (even if it is to chase my hubby down and massage his feet - no kidding) - breaking late night routines are good for killing the "need" to eat. If not then the snack depends on preference. I avoid processed snacks, so I would suggest a hydrating fruit like an orange, or melon. If you seek crunch, consider some nuts or maybe make your own apple crisps and save for when you need to gnosh. A can of spinach with a little vinegar is awesome, and about 75 calories for the whole can.
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    spicy hummus and whole wheat anything, usually triscuits :)