Really want to loose weight quick

Options
In Jan, for one week i did well and i lost 5 pounds. But wish i still carried on in Jan but now i put few pounds back on, its hard to loose weight. Hard to avoid nice foods. Yesterday i had Blue Becks when i got asked to come out.

Done well few days since May but still 9 stone something, Im not looking on scales untill end of June. I want to loose a stone which i used to be 8 Stone.

I wondered if it would work if i only had one meal a day which is dinner? But still take my dog for walks everyday which is normally 45 mins. I'll have little breakfast though. Its hard. I try take dog for walk everyday and do sit ups every evening

Im 4ft11

Replies

• SkinnyLucy165
    Options
    I don't think there's a quick solution. Usually when we haven't eaten well for a long time and then we get back to a healthier regime, the first 5 or so pounds come off in a flash in the first week because it's usually water weight. Then comes the hard work.... consuming less calories than what we burn for the day. If we consumed 2,000 calories and only worked out for 300 calories for the day, we will likely maintain but not loose. This all depends on your height and weight and what the magic number is for maintaining weight for you. What ever that calorie amount is, then you need to eat less than that and/or exercise more to burn it off. Keep in mind all the little snacks and how quickly the calories add up. I'm a huge culprit of this. Overall I eat well but it's the sweets in between that kill me and the lack of exercise, which is why I am now determined to change this. My posted pictures are for motivation of how I could look. I weighed 65 lbs. less in those pictures than I do today. I have no idea what that is in stones.....something like 4.5. Just stick to tracking and making healthier choices and exercising more and will hard work and preserverance, you will loose the weight. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't come off quickly.... sometimes the inches come off quicker than the weight and of course since stones is not a very accurate weight measurement, you will see results slower than say you were weight yourself in pounds/ounces and could see that you lost 0.1 ounce or 0.3 ounces, etc. Good luck and keep motivated! :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You lost water weight. Think about this logically: a pound of fat is 3500 calories. If you eat 500 calories less than you burn every day, that equals 1 pound lost after a week. In order to lose 5 pounds of fat, you would have to cut your calories by 17,500 for the week. If you're burning 2000 calories per day, that's still only 14,000 calories per week. You'd basically have to eat nothing plus exercise to burn more all at the same time, and that's just silly.

You can safely subtract up to 20% from the calories you burn every day, and set that as your goal, as long as it doesn't dip below 1200 calories. If you don't have much to lose, you have less room to subtract a deficit. If you're very overweight, you can subtract more and lose more quickly, and it will slow as you approach a healthy weight. It's frustrating, but that's how it works.
  • xToniBx
    xToniBx Posts: 27
    Options
    Okay thanks :) I'll have to choose healthier foods and keep walking everyday but sometimes you cant be bothered go for walks but i have to if i really want to loose weight. . Well im 4ft11 and about 9 stone 4. I'd like to loose before August for the wedding, my brother's wedding. Plus im only 23, 3 years ago i was 8 stone.

Once a week, normally on a Sunday its a treat day which isnt bad is it
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stop thinking quick... start thinking sustainable lifestyle change...
  • annesoucy57
    Options
    There is no quick fix unfortunatly. Eating good the whole week to splurge on the week end and undoing all the healthy choices you did previously will get you nowhere just frustrated.

If you are gaining weight gradually, each year a little more, try to sit down and take a good look at your portions and choices.

Calorie counting might help you see why you are gaining, being conscious of what you eat is the first step. Personally I figured that certain foods totally sabotage my good intentions and I will consciouly avoid them, difficult at the beginning but with time they have less importance since I see the result.

Make changes that you can live with.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    In Jan, for one week i did well and i lost 5 pounds. But wish i still carried on in Jan but now i put few pounds back on, its hard to loose weight. Hard to avoid nice foods. Yesterday i had Blue Becks when i got asked to come out.

Done well few days since May but still 9 stone something, Im not looking on scales untill end of June. I want to loose a stone which i used to be 8 Stone.

I wondered if it would work if i only had one meal a day which is dinner? But still take my dog for walks everyday which is normally 45 mins. I'll have little breakfast though. Its hard. I try take dog for walk everyday and do sit ups every evening

Im 4ft11

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks :) I'll have to choose healthier foods and keep walking everyday but sometimes you cant be bothered go for walks but i have to if i really want to loose weight. . Well im 4ft11 and about 9 stone 4. I'd like to loose before August for the wedding, my brother's wedding. Plus im only 23, 3 years ago i was 8 stone.

Its not going to happen overnight. You really have to WANT to make changes to have success, and quite honestly, you really don't sound like you want it bad enough if you can't be bothered to put in the work and stick to a plan.....:ohwell:
  • RadeRad01
    RadeRad01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, there IS quick and easy; it's called Jenny Craig. Buy the proprietary food, follow the plan for two weeks and you will drop weight fast. I did it for six months and lost 50 pounds. Then I went off the proprietary food and gained back everything with re-enforcements. Weight Watchers was no better.

The best thing to do is make lifestyle changes in eating habits. The hardest thing I had to get use to here was cooking for two, not cooking for 6 (for 2). Years of habitually overeating when cooking at home packed on nearly 80 pounds to our frames. My husband and I are both over 6' and over 200 pounds. We would easily devour two full, bone-in rib eye steaks each. Now when we want meat, I will take one 9oz New York strip steak, cut it in two and grill that along with a wok full of vegetables. It took a LOT for us to get there, but when the bowls are empty and we just gorged ourselves on greens and peppers with a taste of steak, we don't feel like we're digesting a Wilder beast.

There are not quick fixes, just good changes.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    you want to lose weight quickly? cut a limb off.

Otherwise, it's a slow process.
  • xToniBx
    Options

Its not going to happen overnight. You really have to WANT to make changes to have success, and quite honestly, you really don't sound like you want it bad enough if you can't be bothered to put in the work and stick to a plan.....:ohwell:

I will. Today i had Rice Krispies then for lunch salad with Ham, Mushroom... and just on my second bottle of water, i will keep doing what i did today. I do want to loose. Been walking dog for 35 mins today
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Im 4ft11

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Well, there IS quick and easy; it's called Jenny Craig. Buy the proprietary food, follow the plan for two weeks and you will drop weight fast. I did it for six months and lost 50 pounds. Then I went off the proprietary food and gained back everything with re-enforcements. Weight Watchers was no better.

I lost 50lbs in 6 months on MFP...
  • xToniBx
    Options

The best thing to do is make lifestyle changes in eating habits. The hardest thing I had to get use to here was cooking for two, not cooking for 6 (for 2). Years of habitually overeating when cooking at home packed on nearly 80 pounds to our frames. My husband and I are both over 6' and over 200 pounds. We would easily devour two full, bone-in rib eye steaks each. Now when we want meat, I will take one 9oz New York strip steak, cut it in two and grill that along with a wok full of vegetables. It took a LOT for us to get there, but when the bowls are empty and we just gorged ourselves on greens and peppers with a taste of steak, we don't feel like we're digesting a Wilder beast.

There are not quick fixes, just good changes.

Oh right cool, thats good. I am on Raspberry Ketone, started taking them in mornings before breakfast. Most on reviews on Ebay reviews and Amazon, most of them say it works. Some said lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and other says 9lb in 2 weeks. I dont feel hungry as i been having water and i think thoes diet pills helps, but had breakfast and salad
  • xToniBx
    Options

Im 4ft11

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

Thanks, i'll have a look
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

:laugh: Love this :)

OP - losing weight is a slow process. And that's a good thing! Studies have shown that people who loose weight slowly are more likely to keep the weight off. And having just one meal a day is a big ole no no.

I know this will probably spark an argument as it seems like people have different theories, but I have always been told that you should treat your metabolism like a fire. For example, you want to put smaller logs on the fire to get it going and keep it going. You throw a big ole log on there and the fire slows.

Your metabolism is the same way. Smaller, HEALTHY meals (think foods high in protein and fiber, vitamins and nutrients) are good. Personally (and my friend who is a trainer SWEARS by this), I eat small meals every 2-3 hours.

Also look at your portion control, and drink TONS of water. Chances are if you think you're drinking enough - you're not.

Good luck, OP.

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-rob-rnbk.gif
  • xToniBx
    Options

:laugh: Love this :)

OP - losing weight is a slow process. And that's a good thing! Studies have shown that people who loose weight slowly are more likely to keep the weight off. And having just one meal a day is a big ole no no.

I know this will probably spark an argument as it seems like people have different theories, but I have always been told that you should treat your metabolism like a fire. For example, you want to put smaller logs on the fire to get it going and keep it going. You throw a big ole log on there and the fire slows.

Your metabolism is the same way. Smaller, HEALTHY meals (think foods high in protein and fiber, vitamins and nutrients) are good. Personally (and my friend who is a trainer SWEARS by this), I eat small meals every 2-3 hours.

Also look at your portion control, and drink TONS of water. Chances are if you think you're drinking enough - you're not.

Good luck, OP.

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-rob-rnbk.gif

Thanks. Actually i wont do just one meal a day. This morning had Rice Krispies but sometimes have weetabix. Lunch i had Salad with Ham and Mushroom. Will try have smaller portions. Im on second water bottle today, so looks like i did well today. I've took my dog for a walk for 35 mins.

Thanks
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Thanks. Actually i wont do just one meal a day. This morning had Rice Krispies but sometimes have weetabix. Lunch i had Salad with Ham and Mushroom. Will try have smaller portions. Im on second water bottle today, so looks like i did well today. I've took my dog for a walk for 35 mins.

Thanks

35 minutes is good! Question for you : After your breakfast, how full are you? Do you find yourself hungry a few hours later? Just a thought to perhaps incorporate a quick egg scramble in the morning for protein. I like to do 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg (I can't just do plain egg whites) with some leftover grilled chicken or turkey, onions and peppers and Mrs. Dash (seasoning salt-free substitute). It's usually quick and easy and is pretty good.

Keep up the good work - especially when you're getting back into it, every little bit helps! :)
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So I might be called evil for saying something like this but there ARE ways of losing weight very very quickly.

I have been able to lose around 20lbs in 3 weeks in the past and more importantly KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF.
    And no, it wasn't all water weight, after the first half stone people really start to notice and if you drink enough water then you'll be fine.
    I'm more than willing to tell you how but it's not fun and it's not easy and it can be dangerous so I do not take any responsibility for harm done.

There are three things that will get you there if you're impatient like me;

1. drink water, ALOT OF WATER. The colder, the better (I suggest freezing 2 litres in the evening and drinking it throughout the next day as it melts. Not only does this prevent water weight coming off and stop you getting dehydrated because you won't get water from food but the fact your body has to heat up the liquid means that your metabolic rate is risen (around 60% of calories burnt are from heating yourself so this also works if you leave off an extra layer and stay a little chilled)
    2. There are 'diet' pills that really work. They are usually used for body builders or people who gym a lot. They give you a ton of energy and they burn fat but be warned. No caffeine, alcohol, aspirin, and many other things while taking them, read the label for the rest of the things. For the first few days you will feel very very sick but if you stick with it the feelings of nausea should go away. I suggest Lipo-6 black as the best ones. Take one a day for a week then go up to the full dosage. Remember to eat before you take them and it will make you feel less sick. They suppress your appetite as well so you won't want to eat (or remember to eat). AND drink as much water as possible because one of the ingredients dehydrates you.
    3. Net calories should be less than zero. This is pretty obvious. I'm not going to explain it. The pills give you energy enough to burn off anything you manage to force down.

AGAIN, I am not advocating this as healthy or long term. You shouldn't really do it for more than a month or two but you will lose a very very large amount of weight.
    When you finish it you cannot go back to eating how you used to so don't even think about it. Find your BMR online and try to stick to that and see if your weight stays where it is.
    You'll probably gain around 7 lbs finding out how much you should be eating so I recommend either going until 2 months is over or getting a little lower than where you want to be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • xToniBx
    Options

Thanks

35 minutes is good! Question for you : After your breakfast, how full are you? Do you find yourself hungry a few hours later? Just a thought to perhaps incorporate a quick egg scramble in the morning for protein. I like to do 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg (I can't just do plain egg whites) with some leftover grilled chicken or turkey, onions and peppers and Mrs. Dash (seasoning salt-free substitute). It's usually quick and easy and is pretty good.

Keep up the good work - especially when you're getting back into it, every little bit helps! :)

Yeah i like Eggs. Sometimes i do have that, Egg on Toast. Sometimes i get hungry but i didnt today. But i do take the diet pills called Raspberry Ketone, most people say they loose quick in a month. I have it every morning, it could be that stops me from being hungry? Maybe diet pills only work for some people, depends on the body i think. Only started using thst this week. Or it could be Water that fills me up?

• xToniBx
    Options
    So I might be called evil for saying something like this but there ARE ways of losing weight very very quickly.

I have been able to lose around 20lbs in 3 weeks in the past and more importantly KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF.
    And no, it wasn't all water weight, after the first half stone people really start to notice and if you drink enough water then you'll be fine.
    I'm more than willing to tell you how but it's not fun and it's not easy and it can be dangerous so I do not take any responsibility for harm done.

There are three things that will get you there if you're impatient like me;

1. drink water, ALOT OF WATER. The colder, the better (I suggest freezing 2 litres in the evening and drinking it throughout the next day as it melts. Not only does this prevent water weight coming off and stop you getting dehydrated because you won't get water from food but the fact your body has to heat up the liquid means that your metabolic rate is risen (around 60% of calories burnt are from heating yourself so this also works if you leave off an extra layer and stay a little chilled)
    2. There are 'diet' pills that really work. They are usually used for body builders or people who gym a lot. They give you a ton of energy and they burn fat but be warned. No caffeine, alcohol, aspirin, and many other things while taking them, read the label for the rest of the things. For the first few days you will feel very very sick but if you stick with it the feelings of nausea should go away. I suggest Lipo-6 black as the best ones. Take one a day for a week then go up to the full dosage. Remember to eat before you take them and it will make you feel less sick. They suppress your appetite as well so you won't want to eat (or remember to eat). AND drink as much water as possible because one of the ingredients dehydrates you.
    3. Net calories should be less than zero. This is pretty obvious. I'm not going to explain it. The pills give you energy enough to burn off anything you manage to force down.

AGAIN, I am not advocating this as healthy or long term. You shouldn't really do it for more than a month or two but you will lose a very very large amount of weight.
    When you finish it you cannot go back to eating how you used to so don't even think about it. Find your BMR online and try to stick to that and see if your weight stays where it is.
    You'll probably gain around 7 lbs finding out how much you should be eating so I recommend either going until 2 months is over or getting a little lower than where you want to be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But only thing i have got is Raspberry Ketone.... Even if i loose weight in a month or two, i can still have treat days once a week