• xToniBx
    xToniBx Posts: 27
    Options
    I do sit ups sometimes everyday and walking aswell
  • Littlemissweber
    Littlemissweber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For every half a stone I lose I go out for a meal
    (no binges, no purges for anyone who wants to say that)
  • xToniBx
    Options
    Think im having a pasta bake later but only a small portion
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well, there IS quick and easy; it's called Jenny Craig. Buy the proprietary food, follow the plan for two weeks and you will drop weight fast. I did it for six months and lost 50 pounds. Then I went off the proprietary food and gained back everything with re-enforcements. Weight Watchers was no better.

The best thing to do is make lifestyle changes in eating habits. The hardest thing I had to get use to here was cooking for two, not cooking for 6 (for 2). Years of habitually overeating when cooking at home packed on nearly 80 pounds to our frames. My husband and I are both over 6' and over 200 pounds. We would easily devour two full, bone-in rib eye steaks each. Now when we want meat, I will take one 9oz New York strip steak, cut it in two and grill that along with a wok full of vegetables. It took a LOT for us to get there, but when the bowls are empty and we just gorged ourselves on greens and peppers with a taste of steak, we don't feel like we're digesting a Wilder beast.

There are not quick fixes, just good changes.

Oh right cool, thats good. I am on Raspberry Ketone, started taking them in mornings before breakfast. Most on reviews on Ebay reviews and Amazon, most of them say it works. Some said lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and other says 9lb in 2 weeks. I dont feel hungry as i been having water and i think thoes diet pills helps, but had breakfast and salad

Rapsberry ketones do absolutely nothing for weight loss. Please follow the links people have provided with helpful information. Weight loss is not a quick process.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I think I'm about to have a *kitten* fit. This is absolutely ridiculous...
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    stop thinking quick... start thinking sustainable lifestyle change...

^^ THIS.
  • xToniBx
    Options
    Well, there IS quick and easy; it's called Jenny Craig. Buy the proprietary food, follow the plan for two weeks and you will drop weight fast. I did it for six months and lost 50 pounds. Then I went off the proprietary food and gained back everything with re-enforcements. Weight Watchers was no better.

The best thing to do is make lifestyle changes in eating habits. The hardest thing I had to get use to here was cooking for two, not cooking for 6 (for 2). Years of habitually overeating when cooking at home packed on nearly 80 pounds to our frames. My husband and I are both over 6' and over 200 pounds. We would easily devour two full, bone-in rib eye steaks each. Now when we want meat, I will take one 9oz New York strip steak, cut it in two and grill that along with a wok full of vegetables. It took a LOT for us to get there, but when the bowls are empty and we just gorged ourselves on greens and peppers with a taste of steak, we don't feel like we're digesting a Wilder beast.

There are not quick fixes, just good changes.

Oh right cool, thats good. I am on Raspberry Ketone, started taking them in mornings before breakfast. Most on reviews on Ebay reviews and Amazon, most of them say it works. Some said lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and other says 9lb in 2 weeks. I dont feel hungry as i been having water and i think thoes diet pills helps, but had breakfast and salad

Rapsberry ketones do absolutely nothing for weight loss. Please follow the links people have provided with helpful information. Weight loss is not a quick process.

Okay i will do
  • xToniBx
    Options
    The pills might work, if i did exercise and eat healthy at same time, i will try them untill they run out
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The pills might work, if i did exercise and eat healthy at same time, i will try them untill they run out

the pills dont work... if pills worked there would be no fat people in the world...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on more.....the exercise and heatlhy diet alone should be enough...especially for someone young like you. Hang in there, but please don't stress about expecting results quickly. Most studies show that people who lose quickly end up gaining it back. Slow and steady usually wins the race!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Do not rely on starvation diets (one meal a day), or pills. These will not lead to consistent weight loss that you can maintain. Once you return to normal habits and stop using the pills, the weight can come back on. Pills will also not help you lose weight. The only weight you will lose is in your wallet.

It didn't take you a short amount of time to put the weight on, so take your time to learn how to eat better, fit foods you want into your macros, and create sustainable changes in your life that you can continue to do for the rest of your life.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you might be under some very common misapprehensions about weight loss. You don't have to deprive yourself. Truly. You don't have to wait for "treat day" and suffer through foods you don't really enjoy. All you have to do is maintain a calorie deficit. Really.

If you look at my diary, I still have ice cream or chocolate almost every day. I eat out at Taco Bell and still have pizza. I just don't have an entire pizza, or even half of one, in one sitting.

This is what was meant when people keep telling you to make sustainable choices. If you're not planning to eat salad for lunch every day, and Rice Crispies isn't a breakfast you plan on eating five years from now, then don't do it now. You can eat what you want to eat, and keep all the foods you love...you just need to find ways of doing so that are sustainable, in portions that are reasonable. This will help you lose the weight and keep it off for life. It will also help keep you from binging and having cravings, and generally make life easier.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    In Jan, for one week i did well and i lost 5 :wink:

I wondered if it would work if i only had one meal a day which is dinner? But still take my dog for walks everyday which is normally 45 mins. I'll have little breakfast though. Its hard. I try take dog for walk everyday and do sit ups every evening

Im 4ft11

Guuuuurl...you just need to get one of these

2461hxj.gif
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think I'm about to have a *kitten* fit. This is absolutely ridiculous...

For real. Why's everyone always in such a hurry to lose weight?
  • xToniBx
    Options
    Don't waste your money on more.....the exercise and heatlhy diet alone should be enough...especially for someone young like you. Hang in there, but please don't stress about expecting results quickly. Most studies show that people who lose quickly end up gaining it back. Slow and steady usually wins the race!!

Okay thanks, will do
  • xToniBx
    Options

the pills dont work... if pills worked there would be no fat people in the world...

Thats true
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    In Jan, for one week i did well and i lost 5 pounds. But wish i still carried on in Jan but now i put few pounds back on, its hard to loose weight. Hard to avoid nice foods. Yesterday i had Blue Becks when i got asked to come out.

Done well few days since May but still 9 stone something, Im not looking on scales untill end of June. I want to loose a stone which i used to be 8 Stone.

I wondered if it would work if i only had one meal a day which is dinner? But still take my dog for walks everyday which is normally 45 mins. I'll have little breakfast though. Its hard. I try take dog for walk everyday and do sit ups every evening

Im 4ft11

You don't need to guess about how much to eat or exercise. If you haven't already, set up your diet and fitness goals on this site and let the program estimate what your intake should be. Use the diary. Don't set yourself up for failure by trying extreme methods because you already know you won't stick to them. Definitely read the links the other posters gave you.

As far as the treat meal or day...it definitely can hurt your weight loss efforts if you don't allow for those extra calories.

Read not only this thread that you started but others as well because there are very knowledgeable people that are active on this forum. You will learn a lot from their comments.
  • xToniBx
    Options
    OP, I think you might be under some very common misapprehensions about weight loss. You don't have to deprive yourself. Truly. You don't have to wait for "treat day" and suffer through foods you don't really enjoy. All you have to do is maintain a calorie deficit. Really.

If you look at my diary, I still have ice cream or chocolate almost every day. I eat out at Taco Bell and still have pizza. I just don't have an entire pizza, or even half of one, in one sitting.

This is what was meant when people keep telling you to make sustainable choices. If you're not planning to eat salad for lunch every day, and Rice Crispies isn't a breakfast you plan on eating five years from now, then don't do it now. You can eat what you want to eat, and keep all the foods you love...you just need to find ways of doing so that are sustainable, in portions that are reasonable. This will help you lose the weight and keep it off for life. It will also help keep you from binging and having cravings, and generally make life easier.

I'm trying to avoid Cheese, Bacon, i like Chinese sometimes, i sometimes go out but i have Blue Becks or Diet Coke. I dont want to eat unhealthy foods all the time.
    Yeah i understand, i can find a way is walking everyday and sit ups, sometimes will have food which i love. Like tonight, someone is doing Pasta Bake but i'll have a small portion
  • xToniBx
    Options
    I've read a few on others.
    I sometimes do my diary foods but i miss a few days sometimes
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks :) I'll have to choose healthier foods and keep walking everyday but sometimes you cant be bothered go for walks but i have to if i really want to loose weight. . Well im 4ft11 and about 9 stone 4. I'd like to loose before August for the wedding, my brother's wedding. Plus im only 23, 3 years ago i was 8 stone.

Once a week, normally on a Sunday its a treat day which isnt bad is it

At such a low weight, you really can't have a full on cheat day (I'm about 130, 5'3"). Our calorie deficits are so low to begin with that eating a cheat day can ruin a whole week's progress. Sure, you can go over your daily calorie limit on sundays, but only by a few hundred cals, nothing extensive.

EDIT: grammar