What Is Your Resting Heartrate?

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 60 BPM.

ETA: I workout 3 times a week on average, a combination of cardio & lifting.
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 45 years old (male) and my RHR is 36-40. I run approx 5x10km per week and lift 3-4 times per week.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Another person with a RHR in the mid-50's. I walk and cycle for exercise.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Interesting responses. I've had my RHR as high as 99bpm. Looks like cardio is the key to lowering it for sure...

You would think the fact that I do work out would lower it as opposed to those who don't but I guess not! I still break a crazy sweat weight lifting.

I don't consider myself remotely close to a cadio junkie- I just checked mine- 49 pbm... I spend 6-8 hours a week weight training- and then I average 10 hours of dance- which can range to drilling- to choreography- but its' not typically elevated "runners" heart rate type deals.
    And I drink a boat load of caffeine.

herm- some people just have high heart rates- only way to know for sure is check it regularly- and then see if doing some cardio will help- certainly expanding that lung capacity will increase efficiency for your heart.

It can't possible HURT to do a little cardio LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Doc said once you hit 30 you have to have a EKG every 2 years. In 2012 when I first started working out it was 72 BPMs and now, 2014, it is 47 BPMs!

Edited to add:
    I lift and do HITT cardio.

really? I've never heard that- I need to go back and get a check up anyway- I can ask. I was in there ever 6 months for preventative type care for almost 4 years and we never talked about " when you hit 30- we should do x, y and z"
    I'll ask next time I go back!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,701 Member
    Options
    I got seriously ill in 2011, and when I finally got out of hospital was shocked that my resting heart rate was 100 up from high 60s before I got sick. My GP wasn't particularly concerned. For the last year I have been doing 6 hours of cardio per week and it is back down to the low 60s most of the time. But I have measured everything from 52 to 100 in the last few months (usually early evening when I put on my HRM before heading to the gym).
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Usually mid to high 70's for me!

Edit: Just took mine to double check it's sitting at 60 right now. Not bad!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    66. Just checked.
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    65-68 takes a lot of effort on cardio to get my heart rate up
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am a woodchuck, so my winter/hibernating heart rate is 4-5 BPM. Summer is 80-100. So average is typically 65.

So I can't do math - whaddyuwant I'm a woodchuck
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    54. I figured it would be higher.
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked it, it was 58. I do about 5 hours of cardio a week. The best thing for me was I was able to get off blood pressure and cholesterol meds with losing weight and exercise.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Ranges from mid 60's to low 70's.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
  • jimmyspets
    Options
    Mine is 43, measured in the morning before getting up from bed.
    I train some cardio and run a lot, I also drink large amounts of coffee so I don't think thats the reason for your numbers.
    Where you really fully relaxed?
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Typically, low to mid-50's, though I've measured it into the high 40's recently.

I mostly walk/hike with some occasional rowing thrown in.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    My resting HR is about 45. I run a lot.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    usually high 50s-low 60s. back before i worked out all the time, it was in the 70s.