Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

People DON'T drink enough water

124»

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Well the thing is I can get 100% on the waterlogged app which must be equivalent to 2 litres, but it takes more to get my urine to a light yellow or clear :S My body is not normal, Green urine is normal for me. Don't worry, I looked it up and it just means I need to drink more. Also I take citalopram, an anti-depressant and I read that can be a side affect.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I put frozen water in my vodka. Does that count?

Yes! In bourbon as well . . .

Bourbon and frozen water are soooo good together, particularly when it's 92 degrees outside
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    If everything on the inernet were true, there'd be hundreds of local singles just dying to meet me.

Some girl in Russia keeps emailing me and asking me to send her money for a ticket to come see me. She's sooo hawt! I know she's real 'cause she sends me pics.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Get it down you people, you'll drop plenty more weight by drinking lots... I promise you!

I hear this a LOT but I actually do drink over the 64oz a day, I just do NOT always mark it on the little MFP food reports! I really wish people would stop assuming that those of us who don't always enter it, or enter all of are not doing it!
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Well the thing is I can get 100% on the waterlogged app which must be equivalent to 2 litres, but it takes more to get my urine to a light yellow or clear :S My body is not normal, Green urine is normal for me. Don't worry, I looked it up and it just means I need to drink more. Also I take citalopram, an anti-depressant and I read that can be a side affect.

????????????????????????????????
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    I drink 5 litres a day,and go to toilet about 47 times a day
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    kDRxJ4i.jpg
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member

Why is retaining water such a bad thing? Sure, it may make the number on the scale a little higher, but it doesn't help you lose fat. Ultimately, "weight loss" is a misnomer. We don't really want to lose weight, we want to lose fat. That is the goal. Weight is just a way of measuring fat loss (and an inaccurate one too, because it fluctuates based on a million different factors, including water retention).
    Retaining water is not good for you for a couple of reasons.
    The medical term for it is Oedema
    DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT YOU RETAIN (I wanted to use bold but there is no bold on the edit bar), it could, cause you to have Hypertension due to the increase in blood volume.
    It causes your heart to work much harder thereby stressing the heart....leading to congestive heart failure
    .now you get the drift.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    I hate water but I know I have to drink it lol
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member

Only 47? Wow I drink 3lts a day & go way more
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Very true. I'm more interested in the bodybuilding perspective.

So have you checked out BB.com??:wink:
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Guilty. I also drink far too much coke zero.
  • DebbieLyn63

Only 47? Wow I drink 3lts a day & go way more

Hopefully my sarcasm meter has not woken up yet this morning, and you both are just exaggerating for effect. Anyone going 47 times a day needs to see a doctor.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Guilty. I also drink far too much coke zero.

Coke Zero is mostly water, so you are good.
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Probably not good on my teeth or liver. I'm not sure, I haven't researched it much.