High protein, low carb/sodium/sugar snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    For a protein bar, I also recommend Quest bars
    Well balanced and taste great.

Diabetics have to be careful with Quest. There's something hidden in there that can really spike some diabetics blood sugar, I know one of them knocked me up 80 points (which is almost heart attack territory.)

I tend to keep my protein for my main meals and not worry about it during snack attacks. Berries and cool whip. Jello. There are some good ice creams out there we can eat. (Yeah, I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but it's calming down.)
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    For a protein bar, I also recommend Quest bars
    Well balanced and taste great.

Diabetics have to be careful with Quest. There's something hidden in there that can really spike some diabetics blood sugar, I know one of them knocked me up 80 points (which is almost heart attack territory.)

I tend to keep my protein for my main meals and not worry about it during snack attacks. Berries and cool whip. Jello. There are some good ice creams out there we can eat. (Yeah, I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but it's calming down.)

I hadn't thought about Jello, but you're right. I do eat ice cream for my snacks (Blue Bell makes an awesome no sugar added variety) and I've been adding nuts to it. The reason I was thinking about picking up protein during my snacks is because I've had a hard time fitting it all in at meal-times. With the help of all of these suggestions, though, I've managed to come within six grams of my protein goal today, which for me is outstanding.

A lot of people have suggested Quest bars to me. Are they just high in sugar, which would cause issues for diabetics, or is there something else going on with them? I'll admit, I've been curious about them since they sound awesome, but I won't try them if they'll give me the wibble wobbles.