Eggs will kill you

Options

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Eggs give me the kind of gas that lingers in the air. The kind so thick you can cut it with a knife. The kind that will make children jump from a moving car. The kind that will lead to a divorce, I am sure.

That is so disgustingly funny and even funnier that you are an attractive blond woman. I guess it’s true what they say, after kids you really do have no shame left, LOL
    So attractive blondes can't have that type of humor? Weird.

I think she is heading for the fact that many of us women were taught that farting in public,. and discussing farting in public, is just not "ladylike."
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are your friend. I take in 3 glasses a day and I stay under my cholesterol limits easily.

O_O

You DRINK egg whites?

Check my log. 1.5 to 2 glasses in the AM and 1-2 before bed. In the morning in my shake and at night I drink it straight or mix it with 1/2 cup of milk.

Also I let one rip at work and it cleared out the stock room and the one person that smelt it announced the stankiness to all my other co workers. I am actually less gassy with the eggs versus whey protein.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Eggs give me the kind of gas that lingers in the air. The kind so thick you can cut it with a knife. The kind that will make children jump from a moving car. The kind that will lead to a divorce, I am sure.

That is so disgustingly funny and even funnier that you are an attractive blond woman. I guess it’s true what they say, after kids you really do have no shame left, LOL
    So attractive blondes can't have that type of humor? Weird. I learn more misinformation on this site every day.

Leave her alone, BJ. We can be funny - we aren't supposed to fart and poop.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

So attractive blondes can't have that type of humor? Weird. I learn more misinformation on this site every day.

Wow really?? An obese person making this joke may make you chuckle but an attractive person saying it makes it more funny since beauty is = to perfection therefore admitting a flaw, a BIG one is funny.

Humour 101. Good grief!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.

From what I understand from what I've read, the cholesterol in the eggs affects your body differently than cholesterol in, say, red meat.

I have genetically high cholesterol. An RD and my doctor have both said 2 yolks a week if perfectly fine, even with high cholesterol.

Since the science on this changes monthly, it seems, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    Egg whites are your friend. I take in 3 glasses a day and I stay under my cholesterol limits easily.

O_O

You DRINK egg whites?

Check my log. 1.5 to 2 glasses in the AM and 1-2 before bed. In the morning in my shake and at night I drink it straight or mix it with 1/2 cup of milk.

Also I let one rip at work and it cleared out the stock room and the one person that smelt it announced the stankiness to all my other co workers. I am actually less gassy with the eggs versus whey protein.

Can not fugly blondes hurl in public cause that's grossing me out for some reason. ;-)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I read the same article both last night and this morning and I still can't get over how irresponsible it is. How can this doctor honestly compare eggs to a Hardees Thickburger or the Double Down. I dont get it at all.

YES, egg yolks can be harmful to people with health issues BUT if you have health issues your doctor should be telling you all of this. No cardiologist in his/her right mind would tell someone to go out and eat all the egg yolks they want post heart attack. My brother in law had a heart attack and was told 1 egg yolk/week is fine, unlimited egg whites are fine. AND he was told to stay away from the red meat burgers and processed, deep fried chicken!

I think some people reading the article will actually think that the burger/chicken are better, healthier options.

Comparing the cholesterol levels is very much justified and interesting. The conclusion of the article and for all semi-intelligent people reading it is NOT that Hardees is better for you but that it has less cholesterol. Taking into account what we know about the rest of the burger’s composition (fat and all the different types, calories etc) tells us that it is a bad choice. That is precisely why the researchers compared egg yolks to the double down sandwich because it is a notorious health hazard food item that happens to be KFC's #1 seller of all time so they want you to open your eyes to eggs and monitor your consumption.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

Wow really?? An obese person making this joke may make you chuckle but an attractive person saying it makes it more funny since beauty is = to perfection therefore admitting a flaw, a BIG one is funny.

Humour 101. Good grief!

At some point during my husband's long and grueling illness (am sure it was in the beginning) while I was literally covered head to toe in his feces because I was tired and cranky and literally threw his wheelchair seat into the shower to clean it....On that day, while I was covered head to toe in his feces, someone rang the doorbell to call on us. I answered the door, while covered head to toe in feces and proceeded to have a genteel and polite conversation. They ignored the feces. I ignored the feces. I gave up even PRETENDING there was anything near to perfection in this world. Feces happens :D
  • ginnyroxx
    Options

Humour 101. Good grief!

At some point during my husband's long and grueling illness (am sure it was in the beginning) while I was literally covered head to toe in his feces because I was tired and cranky and literally threw his wheelchair seat into the shower to clean it....On that day, while I was covered head to toe in his feces, someone rang the doorbell to call on us. I answered the door, while covered head to toe in feces and proceeded to have a genteel and polite conversation. They ignored the feces. I ignored the feces. I gave up even PRETENDING there was anything near to perfection in this world. Feces happens :D

you make me smile.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah, everything in moderation, each person is different and need to follow diets for their SPECIFIC health needs. There is not a one size fits all diet. Egg yolks contain many vitamins and minerals that the processed crap it's compared to do not have and egg whites are a great source of lean protein.

Keep in mind that the healthier a food product commercial or package says it is the more likely it is not healthy for you at all, eat clean and exercise and follow any specific dietary requirements your doctor might be working with you on and you will be fine.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Ehhh. It's a natural body function. It also makes me laugh that stuff like that doesn't bother you. I could talk about the nastiest stuff while eating an watching a c section delivery atthe same time :)
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    "Armour pork brains with milk gravy"

vomit-smiley-31.gif
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

I'm with you! I run from the regular egg. Nothing wrong with being able to laugh at yourself. :D
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight I was on the verge of high cholesterol, my Dr told me that eating eggs was fine as dietary cholesterol doesn't affect your cholesterol much. I've continued eating eggs, fairly often and have lost weight and have excellent cholesterol levels now. I say don't kill the egg, lol! :wink:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    I’m an eggbeater (cartooned eggs) person myself not because I don’t trust egg farmers but because overall it is just so much lower in fat and calories, of course also cholesterol ;)
    I just have a question about where you find your animated eggs. :tongue: :laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Double click. Oops. :embarassed:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I detest all this "eggs are bad for you", "the yolks will kill you", "only the whites should be eaten" etc etc etc :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I have eaten, on average, TWO eggs - BOTH YOLK AND WHITE - everyday, since starting this weightloss thingy five months ago. When I was on a calorie controlled diet years ago, I did the same then and my cholesterol went from 5.4 down to 3.9. So I would argue that all this yolk is bad and eggs are not good for you is a load of old rubbish.

The goodness in the yolk is incredible, so many nutrients, it is a damn shame to waste it. The white on the other hand, contains not many nutrients at all.

I will continue to eat my eggs, both the white and the yolk and those that research the little oval nutrient packages and deem them not good for us can go and take a hike.

I LIKE EGGS - ALL OF THEM!!!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I read the same article both last night and this morning and I still can't get over how irresponsible it is. How can this doctor honestly compare eggs to a Hardees Thickburger or the Double Down. I dont get it at all. .

Must be the same people who created the new Kashi ads, comparing eggs to processed cereal! ugh.

I don't worry about the new scientific evidence and studies. There is a study that will prove or refute every angle, but the truth is, they really don't know what's going on!

Eat clean, eat whole foods, keep away from the processed junk and you'll lose weight and be healthy. Don't put yourself into a box worrying about how much of this or that you can eat. If you consume a variety of foods, that is the way to go!!
  • deshaine
    Options

tongue-smiley-8868.gif
  • deshaine
    Options

I think it's damn funny... Without laughter this world would be awfully boring...