I pee all the time! (Funny post)

Options
Gotta love the increased water intake right :) I love my water. I just wish I didnt have to pee 3 times in a 1 hours meeting haha. Anyone have any embarrassing stories from drinking more water?

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I pee frequently too. I have to make sure I go to the bathroom right before I skip or run, or else I run the risk of wetting myself :blushing: :grumble:

ETA: I've always drank a lot of water, and I still have to go a lot. 2 hours is the max I can go, and I've done the 4 times in one hour thing too (always at bedtime)
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes, I urinate every 20-30 minutes and it can be ridiculous. I drink a lot of water and I wonder if I'm over doing it. I probably consume about 6-8 16oz bottles a day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I really like to hike through the trees and trust me when I say sometimes it's hard to find a good hiding spot :blushing:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    At work the ladies' room has two stalls and one is out of order. I am the only one always in there waiting for the working stall to free up because of the water I am drinking all day.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes, I urinate every 20-30 minutes and it can be ridiculous. I drink a lot of water and I wonder if I'm over doing it. I probably consume about 6-8 16oz bottles a day.

Here's a helpful chart you can use to check--

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/

If your pee's a pale straw color, you're good! If it's clear, consider cutting back. :)
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one XD
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yes! A friend asked me to go on a little outting the other day (hour and a half drive each way) I declined knowing I'd probably have to ask her to stop twice. What I'm wondering is what's gonna happen once the weight is off. Apparently it's healthy for everyone to drink 8 glasses of water per day so will this continue? It's not normal or maintainable.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Maybe our bodies will learn to use our water better? Not sure. But yea very pale yellow over here. But I feel so much better physically when I get enough water.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My body has certainly adjusted if I constantly drink 8+ glasses a day. But if I don't drink that much for a few days, I'm back to square 1.
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been known to go four times in an hour. Even if I eat foods with lots of liquid, like bell peppers or grapes. So annoying!
  • saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, it helps us get our steps in for the day! :)
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

I like your attitude. :bigsmile:
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think part of the solution is in how you drink your water. If I down my 24ounce bottle in one go (Within 10-15 minutes from first swallow to last), I'm liable to have to go to the bathroom two or three times in the space of an hour later in the day. If I drink it over an hour or two, likewise, my trips to the bathroom are spaced out more. (I have a tendency to drink it quickly.) I find it ironic that I'll pour myself a bottle of water (I keep a gallon jug at my desk and refill it at the water dispenser as needed) an hour or two before lunch. Then, Just before lunch, I realize what time it is, and down the bottle (which might have a couple swallows missing from what I drank when I first poured it, then forgot about. Then I have a leisurely lunch, refilling the bottle in the cafeteria, and sipping a bit. Go to the bathroom, then back to work. 15 minutes later, I'm getting my work groove on and - Time to pee. NOW.

Weird part, I can down 24 ounces (I have a similar capacity bottle at home) just before bed, and not have to go until morning... granted, it's typically 30 minutes before my alarm is supposed to go off, but that's another rant entirely. :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I understand it could be down to the speed of intake - if you sip it, the body absorbs it better. Could be bollocks, though*.

*-I don't mean you have bollocks and they're at fault. :D
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The good news that I'm figuring out is, that after your body adjust to being hydrated normally, the peeing is more controllable. I made it through an hour meeting this week.

I drink about 120 ounces daily.
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    Lol. True
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    One positive I've noticed, is before, I drank ALOT of coffee (6 to 9 mugs) but just pee normally all day. Come bedtime and I'd be up 10-15 times (No exageration) I was starting to wonder if I had a bladder problem but that didn't make sense as I was pretty normal during the day. Now I drink more water and maybe 3 coffees per day and it's like I get flushed out during the day so I don't really get up at night anymore maybe just once. So I dunno maybe the coffee being a diuretic made me hold everything until relax time.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I drink 16oz at a time not chugging just sipping. I drink 16 oz in the first hour of work, then on my first break I get another 16oz, and then on my lunch I get another 16 oz. and then on my last break i get another 16 oz. Sometimes I will drink another 16oz when i get home but i had to get up 3 times last night.
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So I read through this thread and when I finished I got up to pee! No it wasn't the power of suggestion, I really needed to go! I took my water bottle with me because the water is back by the bathrooms. I go AT LEAST once an hour if not more. And every time I refill my water. I'm sure some of my coworkers think I'm nuts but at least I'm draining over 120 ounces of water a day instead of soda!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Try driving for a living!!