gym locker room etiquette

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    People who get loads of dumbells out and don't put them back really p***es me off

I agree, but then I usually look at it like an added little work out. At first though I am mad because I'm sick of being the one that cleans it up.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Every gym locker room has the naked gay/gal that wants to chat. Just get, get out, and avoid eye to eye (and genital area) contact :)
    How do you know that they are gay? Did they ask you out? They are probably just friendly people.

Sounds like you are making gay people out to be predators.

Excuse me? When did I say anything about being gay?

Just a typo...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Every gym locker room has the naked gay/gal that wants to chat. Just get, get out, and avoid eye to eye (and genital area) contact :)
    How do you know that they are gay? Did they ask you out? They are probably just friendly people.

Sounds like you are making gay people out to be predators.

Excuse me? When did I say anything about being gay?

bolded... and while incredibly awkward.. it does appear to be a typo. gay was supposed to be guy.
    and that's exactly how I read it.

there is always at least one harry dude or woman walking around nekkids- it's completely normal and it's pretty much a standing joke the older they are the more comfortable they are having their tackle flopping about.

To each their own I suppose.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I don't mind nudity, but if the dude bothers you just stare at his junk without blinking next time he's talking to you.

He'll probably stop talking to you.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Its a minor thing but does irritate me. The changing room has loads of lockers (I mean so many if they were all in use the gym would be so rammed as to be unusable). The lockers have a key in the front and you put a £1 in to lock the locker and remove the key. So you can spot the lockers in use because the key is missing. I don't understand why someone (and its not the same person) always picks a locker under the one I'm already using and somehow manages to finish their workout about 5mins after me so wants access to their locker at the exact same time as I'm trying to use mine. I mean there's another 200 lockers they could have picked! I bet these are the same people who park next to me in an empty car park :wink:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry, OP. Next thing, I guess you're going to complain about me blow drying my junk with the hair dryers with one foot on a stool.
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I must be blessed. Our locker room doesn't have these issues. *knock on wood*
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When somebody has a locker close enough to the one you're using that when both of you spread out your clothes on the bench you have to make sure you're picking up what's yours. I mean really? There's the whole rest of the bench and you can't push yours down a little further? I try to, but hey, when I'm at the end of the bench I'm not putting my stuff on the floor.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Ladies shaving there underarms and legs - really someone else has to go into that shower after.
    I live in Germany and it is naked all the way. Naked MIXED wellness area. All shapes and sizes wandering naked around the place. Some posing a little more than other but after the first day you ignore all.

But I still think standing completely naked drying their hair is a bit much ( what would be the problem with putting on a pair of nicks)

I live in Germany too. Pesky naked guys. One of them even save my daughter from drowning a few years back in the river that runs through Munich. The balls! Should have put on shorts before he pulled her out of the water.

(I wasn't there, this was all related to me by the child in question.)
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    People who get loads of dumbells out and don't put them back really p***es me off
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    When people don't rack their weights. That pisses me off. The other day some dude was on the squat rack and left like 250lbs of plate up on the bar. I had been standing there, waiting for him to finish, and he just walks away and starts setting up his bench press. I walked over to him and said, "Hey, you done with the squat rack?" He said, "Yea all set bro." Clueless juicer...
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm a easy going guy, takes alot to bother me. There's a old creepy guy at the gym ,that hangs out in the locker room walking around naked,trying to start conversations with everyone. He'll shave & brush his teeth naked .. I avoid & ignore him as much as I can, but ahole is always around. . Monday morning its gonna stop.. What bothers you that the gym?

I live in Germany where there is zero privacy in the locker rooms. The showers are either in open group format (think, high school), or if there are separate stalls, there is almost never a door. In extremely rare cases, a curtain. I checked out many gyms when looking for one and they were all this way. Swimming pools also. I honestly don't care about other woman walking around naked...whatever. I just don't like that I have to expose myself to THEM. :noway:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I live in Germany where there is zero privacy in the locker rooms. The showers are either in open group format (think, high school), or if there are separate stalls, there is almost never a door. In extremely rare cases, a curtain. I checked out many gyms when looking for one and they were all this way. Swimming pools also. I honestly don't care about other woman walking around naked...whatever. I just don't like that I have to expose myself to THEM. :noway:

thats why i always shower at home :P
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options

thats why i always shower at home :P

WHAT?? I never would have expected that of you! You're PERFECT!! :love:
  • cinnam6n
    cinnam6n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah. We get those in the womens locker room too. They'll blow dry their hair naked and it's usually the old ones. Some people aren't attractive and it's not great to see them naked but what can you do. I just keep my eyes down.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm a easy going guy, takes alot to bother me. There's a old creepy guy at the gym ,that hangs out in the locker room walking around naked,trying to start conversations with everyone. He'll shave & brush his teeth naked .. I avoid & ignore him as much as I can, but ahole is always around. . Monday morning its gonna stop. . What bothers you that the gym?

How did this thread get to page two without anybody asking what's gonna happen on Monday? It's gonna go down like this, isn't it?

beat-it-knife-fight.gif

Except instead of knives it'll be toothbrushes. And you'll both be naked.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I'm a easy going guy, takes alot to bother me. There's a old creepy guy at the gym ,that hangs out in the locker room walking around naked,trying to start conversations with everyone. He'll shave & brush his teeth naked .. I avoid & ignore him as much as I can, but ahole is always around. . Monday morning its gonna stop. . What bothers you that the gym?

How did this thread get to page two without anybody asking what's gonna happen on Monday? It's gonna go down like this, isn't it?

beat-it-knife-fight.gif

:laugh: I don't know how I missed that. Apparently I was too caught up in the nudity and shaving.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options

beat-it-knife-fight.gif

hahaha love it :D
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I don't mind nudity, but if the dude bothers you just stare at his junk without blinking next time he's talking to you.

He'll probably stop talking to you.

:laugh: