gym locker room etiquette

Options

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't mind nudity, but if the dude bothers you just stare at his junk without blinking next time he's talking to you.

He'll probably stop talking to you.

:laugh:

That's a rather BIG assumption there. :noway:
  • frankara
    frankara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am oblivious to people naked around me at the gym. The only time I notice is when my friend point it out. I grew up in a household full of older ladies that love walking around nude. I think that prepared me for being around naked people in the gym.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    This thread seems to have brought back a repressed memory for me. One of the strangest things I've ever seen was this gentleman who was completely nude, sporting a full erection and supporting his penis on the sink counter, while brushing his teeth.

Big thanks for bringing back that memory. I though I had used sufficient bleach to erase it, but I guess it just wasn't enough. :noway:
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Worst peeve ever:

I go to get on a bench and some guy runs from the other side of the gym and says... "I'm workin' a circuit, man."

I'm sorry but you don't get to "claim" all of the damn equipment at the same time.
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Or he'll take it as an invitation and talk to you even more.
  • brboydjr
    Options
    There used to be an old creepy guy that would get in the hot tub Naked at my old gym...not cool.
  • brboydjr
    Options
    I'm a easy going guy, takes alot to bother me. There's a old creepy guy at the gym ,that hangs out in the locker room walking around naked,trying to start conversations with everyone. He'll shave & brush his teeth naked .. I avoid & ignore him as much as I can, but ahole is always around. . Monday morning its gonna stop. . What bothers you that the gym?

How did this thread get to page two without anybody asking what's gonna happen on Monday? It's gonna go down like this, isn't it?

beat-it-knife-fight.gif

Except instead of knives it'll be toothbrushes. And you'll both be naked.

Try not to "cross swords". :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There used to be an old creepy guy that would get in the hot tub Naked at my old gym...not cool.

trade you for the guy who was sitting in the sauna rubbing one out.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I go early enough in the morning that I can use the family restroom with shower and not worry about people complaining that I'm only one and not a family. I don't ahve to worry about other people's etiquette.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

You say that as if it was weird. Wait, is that weird? Should I stop doing that? But how am I supposed to relax?
  • DavPul
    Options
    Soooooo, it's Monday. Who won?

beat-it-knife-fight.gif
  • JoRocka
    Options

You say that as if it was weird. Wait, is that weird? Should I stop doing that? But how am I supposed to relax?

hey man- as long as you aren't doing it in the women's sauna I don't care what you do!!!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Locker room pevs,

People who put their stuff into a locker and don't lock it. Sometimes I'll open 4 lockers in a row and only find people's junk inside. Makes it annoying for me to find a locker and they could have their stuff stolen. At my gym you don't even need to bring your own lock, you put in your old 4 digit code, very easy.

Gym in General-

People who don't rack their weights. I frequently will put people's weight back so I can use the bench or squat rack that's no problem, but what annoys me is the off chance that the person just went to fill up their water bottle and is coming right back, happened to me last week and it was embarrassing.

I usually end up standing there for a minute or two wasting time now just to make sure the guy isn't still there or getting water, very frustrating.
  • DavPul
    Options

hey man- as long as you aren't doing it in the women's sauna I don't care what you do!!!

Well gee, way to make it hard on a brotha
  • JoRocka
    Options

Well gee, way to make it hard on a brotha

kids these days- afraid to go outside and use their imaginations to play.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My gym is at my office so most people play it pretty conservative. I've seen bits and pieces but just during clothing changes, no one hangs around nude. I've heard stories about a couple guys that are borderline creepy though...

My only peeve is about the lockers. There are a limited number so we have a rule that you can't leave your stuff there overnight - but of course people do it anyway because they're spoiled jerks who can't be bothered to schlep a tote around like the rest of us. :grumble:
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well I went this morning to complain about old creepy dude. He wasn't even a gym member. Everyone just assume that he was. After several complaints they found out.
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    I never saw him workout . He would just hangout in locker room for hours at a time walking around naked bugging people. .
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    people reading and responding to texts for extended periods of time. Why would you want to do it in the locker room, especially if your at face level with...well, you know.

Not to mention the fact that these days, maybe you're taking photos.