Do feet shrink?

Options
That's possible, right? One friend says she never heard of such a thing. I swear my shoes and sneakers are bigger, which stinks because I have a super hot pair of black heels that I've hardly ever worn. I walk out of them now! :ohwell:

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Yes it is big time possible. Lots of us have had to get new shoes :happy:
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've heard it, my mother and grandmother swear by it. I was in between 9-10 my whole life then after dropping 15 lbs about 6 years ago I'm consistently a size 9 in shoes, sometimes fit an 8 1/2 too but I buy bigger out of habit.

Hey, I'm 5'8 so no big feet comments k? ;)
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was in a size 91/2 before losing weight, then went to a 9. Could not believe it but Saturday when I went shopping, I fit into a size 8 shoe. I think your feet do shrink. Oh, and for the record, I had to buy smaller undies and pants!!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Yup! A good pair of insoles can help for a little while....well until you find another pair of shoes. I have got to find another pair of sneakers though, I slop around in them and it hurts! lol I had to add a set of holes on my Birks over the summer.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Definitely. Some of mine fall off worse than my old pants do!
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    it is very true. I can no longer wear my size 7.
  • gilliland24
    Options
    yup def true!! i was wearing a 10 sometimes 11 and now i can wear a 9 1/2~
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I was a shoe size 8.5.

85lbs later, I'm an 8.0.

It's possible :)

Charmagne
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, at my heaviest I wore a size 10 easy but my true size is 9 1/2. I'm going to miss my size 10 BCBG black heels. Oh well.
    Our fat comes off in layers all over our bodies. That's why we can't spot reduce.
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Definitely true. I didn't want to say goodbye to some of my cute shoes, so I purchased inserts for about$5 a pair to help adjust the fit. There are types that fit under the ball of your foot to lift your foot up, or others that slip in the back of the shoe behind your heel. It just depends where your shoes are loose :)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think it's true, I used to wear an 8 1/2 - 9 depending on the shoe. Now I can go anywhere from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 depending on the shoe. weird huh? :happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I went from a 8-8.5 and now down to a 7-7.5
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I lost in my feet, down a size...size +1/2 depending on the shoe. :ohwell:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yeap, mine too! I think that we loose fat padding (wrong place to loose it don't you think?) in our feet so they are skinnier rather than shorter. I am a size 6 and that was hard enough to find, don't want to think what will happen if I need to get size 51/2.

Sandals are a problem because the feet just slide forward. Don't want to get new shoes, using insert in some of them.

Pants are long too because the hips don't hold them up anymore, had to shorten few pairs. Capris are still good, just a little longer. :smile:
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for my feet to shrink! I have 2 pairs of Manolos that I cant wear right now because my feet are too fat!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Bones do not compress, but as you lose weight, you will also lose weight in your feet.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was only thinking of this the other day :laugh: I thought I was seeing things but glad someone else asked the question :drinker:

I've noticed shoes/runners I had bought at the beginning of this feel a lot more loose on but also noticed that my feet are not as puffy as they were before :wink: Thankfully my footwear that had stopped feeling so comfy I kept IRE size 7 fit me now :bigsmile: ... I had got my feet measured when I decided to start this journey and they had increased to a size 8 :grumble:

Don't want to go back to that stage again I LOVE shoes and find it VERY hard to let go of them he he :laugh:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Mine do. But I have also been pregnant a few times.