Do feet shrink?

Options

Replies

• HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am sure feet do shrink. Since Ive gained about 50 lbs I cant even wear my heels anymore b/c ALL my shoes feel tight...when i drop that 50 I hope I can wear my shoes comfortably
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    This is so interesting...for the longest time, I was a size 8 (or even 7 1/2). I gained some weight over the past few years and all of a sudden, the 8s were tight and I had to start buying 8 1/2s. Guess I gained weight in my feet too! Looking forward to getting back into my size 8 shoes.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    That's possible, right? One friend says she never heard of such a thing. I swear my shoes and sneakers are bigger, which stinks because I have a super hot pair of black heels that I've hardly ever worn. I walk out of them now! :ohwell:

I would never had believed it if it hadn't happened to me to be honest lol.

My shoes are loose and it appears I am half a size smaller now.

I guess feet carried fat too and now that it has gone..... flip flop flip flop flippety floppety flip flop :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Yep they definitely shrink. Just like every other part :)

I think it's both fat loss and the fatc that your body mass has shrunk too, so your feet aren't being pushed down on so much. I know at 237 my feet hurt all the time, now they never do anymore.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Definitely true. I didn't want to say goodbye to some of my cute shoes, so I purchased inserts for about$5 a pair to help adjust the fit. There are types that fit under the ball of your foot to lift your foot up, or others that slip in the back of the shoe behind your heel. It just depends where your shoes are loose :)

They slip off in the back of the shoe, the toe area is comfortable. I'll have to check out back of the shoe inserts.

Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • coffeeMAME
    coffeeMAME Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am glad I'm not the only one who was freaked out by this!! I didn't even realize that my shoes were too big for me (thought they'd just stretched with wear) but when I went shopping the other day I was fitting into all these 8.5s and I was like WHAT I AM A 9-10! Happy me though, I always have a hard time finding cute shoes in bigger sizes :D
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    This freaked my wife out too.

"How the hell did I have fat feet?"
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I will be praying for my feet to shrink. I wear a size 13 women's shoe and it's hell trying to find cute shoes.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah they do.

I am some kind of unicorn though, my feet grew a half size when I started seriously running about 10 years ago. I wish they would shrink now back to their original size, but they're all boney already. Thank god closed toed shoes are in style all year now cause my feet are NSFanywhere.
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Yeah they shrink i went from a uk size 6 to a size 5, it was really annoying i had to replace all my shoes.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My feet got bigger as I got fatter; now I have lost weight they have got smaller again. I had found some really comfy heeled shoes for work so bought 6 pairs at $20 each (cheapies from Rivers) thinking htye would last me for ever until I retire; and of course now I am left with 6 pairs of shoes, most unworn, that don't fit.

Am I unhappy? :noway: :laugh:
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    shoe insoles and heel inserts will help :)
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This freaked my wife out too.

"How the hell did I have fat feet?"

this! was really surprised that my feet got smaller. didn't change a size but my chucks fit loser now and i almost tripped out of my cowboy boots! :embarassed:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep. Always been a 9..... now I'm an 8.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    When I got fat I started having to wear sz 10 shoes....now I'm back in 9.5. My feet are way more pretty when they aren't all bloated up. :)
  • Redhedshred
    Redhedshred Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    no. i wish. not in my case anyway
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank!

I'd prefer to lose a pants size instead of a shoe size, but I have an excuse to get more shoes now :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yes! Since I've lost 13 pounds so far my strappy sandals that were a little tight are now super loose :D
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yep. My foot was a 12.5 in the measurement tool, and 70 pounds later, it is 11.5. Since there is less of you to support, they will get smaller.
  • tinita76
    tinita76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES...I have always been an 8-8.5 (even in high school when I was much smaller than I am now), but I have recently lost 40 lbs. and am now in 7.5 for dress shoes.

Weird!!!