I HATE THE TASTE OF WATER!

Options
13»

Replies

• DalesWife
    DalesWife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I just can't get this. It's water. Drink it already or try to add lemon juice to it. I'll avoid my full on rant.

Full on rant? Are you serious? Re-read my question: I wasn't saying I wouldn't be open to drinking straight water, but was questioning whether I need to drink water in ADDITION to tea.

Maybe lay off the attitude a little. I'm new here and have encountered only kind, inspirational people, and can't understand why you would add any negative energy to a legitimate question.

I DO, HOWEVER, THANK THE MANY KIND, INSPIRATIONAL, MOTIVATIONAL PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE UPLIFTED ME AND LET ME KNOW THAT THIS SITE IS FULL OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME! YOU ALL ARE GREAT!

Your title says it one. "I hate the taste of water" well I hate a lot of things but thats life. Just deal with it. I hate whiners but you don't see me making a post about it. Their is stuff that I have to do that I don't like to, to get what I want out of eating right and I consume a lot of stuff I don't want to but I don't need to make a post over such trivial things or maybe the title could of given a better view with something like "alternatives to tap water" or "what can I do to add flavor to my waters", etc.

When you state I HATE WATER, I take it as YOU HATE WATER.

Clearly you have issues and nothing more to do in life but berate those who are trying to better themselves, and asking honest questions trying to get the most out of a site that is meant to help those very people. Obviously something - unsure what ! - hit a nerve for you to respond THREE times RUDELY to a post asking a very honest question about water.

For the record, I am on weight watchers and was told I have to drink 8 glasses of WATER. I specifically asked in the question if TEA COUNTS. Re-read if you must, but everyone else who was kind enough to answer realized this.

Nobody wants to hear YOUR "whining".

Get lost!

If you have nothing nice to say, perhaps you should re-think posting. I won't be giving you the benefit of responding to any more of your negativity. You may want to take a moment to realize that your negativity only reflects badly on yourself. I am unsure what you hope to gain by raining on another's parade....Perhaps you just enjoy bringing others down.

I, for, one, choose to take the high road and wish you good luck in your health journey.
  • DalesWife
    DalesWife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU for the links, JentheStrawberry, they were so helpful!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I do. I've tried to like it but I HATE THE TASTE OF WATER!

Instead of drinking water, I make unsweet iced tea - decaffienated.

Is this okay? Does it still count as water?

I can't see how adding a bit of unsweetened, un-caffienated flavor could matter, but thought I'd ask nonetheless.

Thanks for your help and I love this site!

decaf does not mean un-caffinated. I means a decrease amount of caffeine. It still has caffeine, just not as much as regular tea. It still counts as water though when it is unsweetened. You could try those flavor packets you add to water bottles! Those are good!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to Jtuner77! He is obviously at the wrong website because everyone here is supposed to be supportive and not downgrading other people! Who the heck cares what you titled your topic or what you wrote about. I support you and a lot of people will back me up. This is not the place for people to be hateful and rude. Tea counts and you can try flavor packets!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I just can't get this. It's water. Drink it already or try to add lemon juice to it. I'll avoid my full on rant.

Full on rant? Are you serious? Re-read my question: I wasn't saying I wouldn't be open to drinking straight water, but was questioning whether I need to drink water in ADDITION to tea.

Maybe lay off the attitude a little. I'm new here and have encountered only kind, inspirational people, and can't understand why you would add any negative energy to a legitimate question.

I DO, HOWEVER, THANK THE MANY KIND, INSPIRATIONAL, MOTIVATIONAL PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE UPLIFTED ME AND LET ME KNOW THAT THIS SITE IS FULL OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME! YOU ALL ARE GREAT!

Your title says it one. "I hate the taste of water" well I hate a lot of things but thats life. Just deal with it. I hate whiners but you don't see me making a post about it. Their is stuff that I have to do that I don't like to, to get what I want out of eating right and I consume a lot of stuff I don't want to but I don't need to make a post over such trivial things or maybe the title could of given a better view with something like "alternatives to tap water" or "what can I do to add flavor to my waters", etc.

When you state I HATE WATER, I take it as YOU HATE WATER.

Clearly you have issues and nothing more to do in life but berate those who are trying to better themselves, and asking honest questions trying to get the most out of a site that is meant to help those very people. Obviously something - unsure what ! - hit a nerve for you to respond THREE times RUDELY to a post asking a very honest question about water.

For the record, I am on weight watchers and was told I have to drink 8 glasses of WATER. I specifically asked in the question if TEA COUNTS. Re-read if you must, but everyone else who was kind enough to answer realized this.

Nobody wants to hear YOUR "whining".

Get lost!

If you have nothing nice to say, perhaps you should re-think posting. I won't be giving you the benefit of responding to any more of your negativity. You may want to take a moment to realize that your negativity only reflects badly on yourself. I am unsure what you hope to gain by raining on another's parade....Perhaps you just enjoy bringing others down.

I, for, one, choose to take the high road and wish you good luck in your health journey.

HA HA!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
    It's about time someone put these ignorant people in their place! The way I see it, if you have a problem with the person who posts a topic, or what they posted.....KEEP IT MOVIN'! No one MADE you respond and you obviously belong somewhere else since THIS site is meant to HELP & SUPPORT other people who are going through a mutual struggle. I agree with DalesWife...."get lost!"
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    quote]

[/quote]
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    quote]

[/quote]
    I thought the same thing when I read it. It's easy for him to say since he likes water![
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i drink the flavored water from walmart-the sams choice stuff. 0 everything & it's carbonated.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've heard that tea, whether it has caffeine or not, shouldn't be counted as water because it actually dehydrates you, the same way soda or alcohol will. Crystal Light isn't so great either since it's made with artificial sweetener.

I don't like drinking water from a glass, I never have. It's just not something I can do. But I can easily drink my 8 glasses or more if I'm drinking from a travel cup with a straw or from a sport bottle. They both keep the water fresher and because they are closed containers I don't feel the pressure to drink it all at once. I can take drinks here and there and before I know it I'm having to refill the cup or bottle.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't dehydrate you it just makes you pee more though drinking sweet tea on a hot day isn't going to quench your thirst, in fact its probably gonna make you sick if your outside in the sun.
  • Cruzita
    Options
    I agree with crystal light and alot of ice! Tastes great! Also works great during the summer when you freeze it in popcicle holders!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Sorry people, WATER IS WATER! Our bodies need it....... PLAIN & simple! :drinker: :love:
    Every health care practitioner I've seen or book I've ever read says so.

I also fill up plastic bottles to keep track of the quantity drunk each day.
    Lemon is a good idea but can be hard on tooth enamel. :grumble:

Please don't use any funky flavorings because guess what?
    All that stuff = crap = chemicals. :sad: :noway: :grumble:

Get a Brita water filter (or similar) because guess what?
    TAP Water = CRAP Water = chemicals = like chlorine = tastes LoUsy! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I hadn't thought about that with the lemon but you go girl - this is the truth! I personally don't understand how people don't like water. I have all ready had 64 ounces today. IN addition to lemon I have seen water with cucumber aka spa water and fresh mint. The fresh mint is wonderful! It might be hard in the winter but if you buy a small mint plant and put it in a flower bed it will grow like crazy so its practically free.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Love Herbal Tea.
    Water makes me gag!
    Don't you people know what fish do in that water?! LOL

what do you make your tea with LOL/
  • sbracken
    Options
    - Lemon slices/juice
    - Lime slices/juice
    - Frozen berries
    - Mint
    - Cucumber
    - Flavor packets
    - Sparkling water (especially with lemon slices looks very fancy at dinner when served in a wine glass)
    - Make it fun and pretty....that's what us women do best. Drink from a sexy glass, or add fuits and pretend you're at a spa or elegant restaurant. Get one of those pretty glass pitchers that are marketed for guest rooms and bedside tables and fill that with water, ice, fruit and serve yourself from that.
    - Drink from a sports bottle or with a straw (I love my Starbucks double wall tumbler with lid and straw)
    - Drink it ICE COLD!
    - Keep a cup in the bathroom and down a quick glass after brushing your teeth in the AM and PM - Make sure it's the coldest from the tap as possible then just chug it down. It's only 8oz so it's pretty easy.
    - Filter pitcher or tap mount.

And before you know it, you'll be a water drinking champ!
  • storm66
    Options
    Hi there, i hate drinking water as well, so what i do is i but some fresh lemon and lime slices in it or some cramberry juice. The cramberry juice that i use is 100% cramberry you can find it in wholefood store or any greenwise public, it's also good for you beause it will curve you cravis for sweets.

Hope that helps you
    Lissette
  • Cyanidesarah
    Options
    I have the very same problem. I have tried all forms of water from bottled, tap, brita pitchers, boiled, etc and I hate it all. No matter what, it has a weird copper/metallic taste to it for me. If I drink it room temp it's not as bad but I hate it when it's cold. I got a 24 oz sports bottle and some me-yo flavoring and it's done wonders. I find that its easier to choke back if its flavored and in a sport bottle. Plus, you only need about 2 1/2 bottles a day of the sport variety (mine anyways) to get your water in. I have found that I'm retaining water so im just starting water again. It makes my stomach upset because it feels like i'm full of food when im not and im often times going to the bathroom when i dont normally have to go as much but hopefully in time it helps. I read it can take over a month for a body to get used to water if it has been deprived for a long time.