TMI poop help!

PinkyFett
PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
LOL... okay now that i'm done laughing at the word poop......:bigsmile:

I don't think I'm getting enough fiber. I'm drinking enough water, but I still can't GO. My stomach is KILLING me right now.

How can I get more fiber without going over on carbs and such?

I'm a picky eater and tend to stick to the same things every day.

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Vita fusion sugar free fiber gummies.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Metamucil?
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    I was going to take a peek at your diary and see what you eat but that wasent available. I usually will take Colace daily if i need it to keep regular or magnesium helps.

I used to have that problem big time ( like going maybe 3 times a week) and when i stopped eating the protein bars i noticed a huge difference ( now i go just about daily)

I try to eat alot of fruit too and that seems to help keep things going.
  • Ansie13
    Ansie13 Posts: 86
    Prune juice, I live on it, it doesn't have the best taste but it works :)
  • PinkyFett
    I was going to take a peek at your diary and see what you eat but that wasent available. I usually will take Colace daily if i need it to keep regular or magnesium helps.

I used to have that problem big time ( like going maybe 3 times a week) and when i stopped eating the protein bars i noticed a huge difference ( now i go just about daily)

I try to eat alot of fruit too and that seems to help keep things going.

Like I said, I'm pretty picky...

Usually my daily diary is eggs, turkey/cheese/spinach wrapped together for lunch, cucumbers, apples, vanilla greek yogurt... occasionally peanut butter on a piece of bread, then a normal dinner--whatever the family has.

the gummies is a good idea. I didn't even know they had fiber gummies! I'm gonna check those out next time I go out. Thank you!

Metamucil and all that stuff makes me gag... I tried those. Even the types that aren't supposed to be gritty.
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Well fiber is counted as a carb so there's really no way if you're not willing to eat a few more. Try counting net carbs instead if you're not getting enough. I'm regularly over my carbs but under my net carbs, fiber is not something you should compromise on. In my opinion it's the most important non-macro you can track.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    How is your fat intake? Not enough fat can lead to the same problems. If the pain keeps going you should go to a doctor as long term trouble can lead to worse issues.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Mineral oil. Nuff said.
  • PinkyFett
    Mineral oil. Nuff said.

Oy, that might be dangerous haha.
  • PinkyFett
    Well fiber is counted as a carb so there's really no way if you're not willing to eat a few more. Try counting net carbs instead if you're not getting enough. I'm regularly over my carbs but under my net carbs, fiber is not something you should compromise on. In my opinion it's the most important non-macro you can track.

I am tracking it.

I'm adding too that I have Hashimoto's and since I went hypothyroid, I haven't been going regularly, so this is a contributor. But I'm not trying to sacrifice fiber, just looking for different ways without going too far over carbs with it, because again, the Hashi I have to kind of watch that (per doc).
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Advice requested. Advice given. Advice given is shot down. Why bother asking if you aren't actually interested in changing anything your currently doing?
  • ZakMoon
    ZakMoon Posts: 13
    There's a few remedies to cure this, I've had the same experience *smirks*

I tried drinking a couple of cups of coffee, seems to have worked. If you can, I found that a small amount of whiskey usually helps, same as metamucil or magnesium you can get from pharmacies.

To prevent it, you can always get some Psyllium Husk supplements or the actual Psyllium Husk to prevent this :P
  • PinkyFett
    Advice requested. Advice given. Advice given is shot down. Why bother asking if you aren't actually interested in changing anything your currently doing?

I shot down something I have tried before. I am all for trying to gummies someone suggested.

I asked for something that won't over do carbs.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    fiber never seems to have much effect for me. i usually drink some strong coffee when i need to clean the pipes out.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Fruits and Vegetables... Mangoes, bananas, grapes, etc. Artichokes and beans/lentils have tons and they're yummy imo. How much carbs are you getting right now? Try to squeeze some more in with fruits/vegetables to get to 25 g. Of course there's fiber supplements but do you really want to depend on that for long term health? Other potential things that can cause constipation: an issue with your thyroid, eating dairy if you're lactose intolerant, not eating enough for your body size, too much iron/calcium or it can also be side effects from medicine.
  • PinkyFett

To prevent it, you can always get some Psyllium Husk supplements or the actual Psyllium Husk to prevent this :P

What's this?

Never heard of it before.

I also don't drink alcohol, but coffee has helped in the past, forgot about that one :tongue: :laugh:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Believe it or not, I get all the fiber I need and then some when I eat a Quest bar. I've had the apple pie one today and that gave me 18 grams of fiber right off the bat. It says it has 3 net carbs, so that might be an option for you (assuming that it's right - there's been claims that it isn't, but they don't affect me much and I'm diabetic so I have to watch the carbs as well).

Just a thought, maybe it might work for you.
  • PinkyFett
    Fruits and Vegetables... Mangoes, bananas, grapes, etc. Artichokes and beans/lentils have tons and they're yummy imo. How much carbs are you getting right now? Try to squeeze some more in with fruits/vegetables to get to 25 g. Of course there's fiber supplements but do you really want to depend on that for long term health? Other potential things that can cause constipation: an issue with your thyroid, eating dairy if you're lactose intolerant, not eating enough for your body size, too much iron/calcium or it can also be side effects from medicine.

I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism..

My carb intake differs, depending mostly on what I have for breakfast. Usually I have eggs, sometimes I have the multigrain cheerios or shredded wheat. I'm thinking I need to maybe stop worrying so much about the carb issue and have these things more often.
  • PinkyFett
    Believe it or not, I get all the fiber I need and then some when I eat a Quest bar. I've had the apple pie one today and that gave me 18 grams of fiber right off the bat. It says it has 3 net carbs, so that might be an option for you (assuming that it's right - there's been claims that it isn't, but they don't affect me much and I'm diabetic so I have to watch the carbs as well).

Just a thought, maybe it might work for you.

Thanks!
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    I use this stuff called Super Seed by Garden of Life. Works pretty good.