Fat Burners

Options
has anyone tried any fat burners and if so which ones?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    they're caffiene. they don't work any better than having some coffee before the gym.....IMHO
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Caffeine in a cup of coffee doesn't touch the 200mg of caffeine in one of my capsules. Tonight I am going to compile a list of studied thermogenics. NONE of them are magic, but they are helpful.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Caffeine in a cup of coffee doesn't touch the 200mg of caffeine in one of my capsules. Tonight I am going to compile a list of studied thermogenics. NONE of them are magic, but they are helpful.

When you go off them, doesn't it hurt your metabolism?
  • mcanals123
    Options
    i drink plenty of coffee without it i dont think i could get through the day but i think my bodies used to it so im looking for something more just to get out of this plato im at i cant seemto drop below 172 :sad:
  • binary_jester
    Options

When you go off them, doesn't it hurt your metabolism?
    From what I have read no. As from personal observation because I cycle off the EC stack for a week every 6 weeks, my weight does not jump up and i don't get headaches.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried any fat burners and if so which ones?

All of them. None really worked on their own [yes, I was hoping for a miracle!]. Best fat burner so far: exercise.
  • mcanals123
    Options
    i agree but i have a 2 year old and it gets kinda hard to go to the gym when im not working :/
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Screw caffiene- you need some more variety in your diet- you have some kind of crap or other every day! Eat a vegetable!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Screw caffiene- you need some more variety in your diet- you have some kind of crap or other every day! Eat a vegetable!
    Just curious. Personal opinion or do you have anything to back that up with. I have read plenty of studies that say different. yes...studies, not advertisements.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    Just to be clear, no fat burner will work without exercise and proper diet. People get put off fat burners because they think they will magically lose 25 pounds in a month. Not so unless you are really over weight. Expect to lose 7 -10 max. a month, with the law of diminishing returns every month after that. They are tools and help, but you still have to do the work.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    now now boys...

caffeine and nicotine are indeed both proven to raise your metabolism and will help you get/stay thinner.....

so do heroin, meth, and coke

none are good for you.

xoxoxo
  • binary_jester
    Options
    now now boys...

caffeine and nicotine are indeed both proven to raise your metabolism and will help you get/stay thinner.....

none are good for you.

xoxoxo
    Would you like to make a bet on caffeine? Most of those studies on caffeine are old and the newer studies show there are many positive benefits.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Generally? Personal opinion. I'm not saying caffiene doesnt work- but it seems to me like an extra, unnecessary expense vs just cooking your own well balanced meals. I checked her diary- BK, Cracker Barrell, Pizza and all number of snacky junk just in the last 3 days. In my experience, sometimes the type of food you eat holds you at a plateau more so than the calories. And I do have 6 months of steady, bingeless, if slow, weightloss to back that up.
  • mcanals123
    Options
    you seem to know alot about dieting and stuff im planning on going to the gym tuesdays and thursdays for about 45 min i used to do an intense work out class they offered called body pump but everyone keeps telling me to stick to cardio since my class involved weights and stuff. what do you think i should start with its been a month since i last went to the gym :noway:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    now now boys...

none are good for you.

xoxoxo

no *kitten*, so far the only thing that actually works is exercise and diet...anything else seems like cheating yourself out of your hard work. if you're plateauing there are plenty of threads on here that can give you some ideas on how to shake things up a bit...
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    now now boys...

none are good for you.

xoxoxo
    Would you like to make a bet on caffeine? Most of those studies on caffeine are old and the newer studies show there are many positive benefits.

nope. Not betting. I don't know everything or really anything and I DO drink a pot or more of coffee a day.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

no *kitten*, so far the only thing that actually works is exercise and diet...anything else seems like cheating yourself out of your hard work. if you're plateauing there are plenty of threads on here that can give you some ideas on how to shake things up a bit...

See! While I'm not betting, I am totally against trying to take a pill to cure my overeating/not moving problem.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I am not doubting you loss. nevah! All I am saying is there are supplements that have been shown to help. CLA, green tea, caffeine, ephedra, and capsaicin all come to mind. Some look at it like cheating. I don't see how. Is taking a multivitamin cheating?
  • mcanals123
    Options
    i know im eating something that arent bad on calories but have alot of fat and with halloween and stuff ive just gotten out of hand and i dont have time to cook anyhting myself usually my in law cooks and i just try and eat as little as possible from what she makes and during lunch time im trying just to stick to wendys salads and subway but i would like to start trying to have some small snacks in between or something so i dont feel tempted when i go get my lunch. i did weight watchers once and lost 50 lbs but i cant seem to get back on it this time around it seems almost impossible for me :cry:
  • binary_jester
    Options

See! While I'm not betting, I am totally against trying to take a pill to cure my overeating/not moving problem.
    I take many of them. Look at my diary. I doubt I could be accused of binging/overeating.