Rude people

Options
2»

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Maybe this site would benefit from a like/dislike feature, or upvote/downvote feature like Reddit where you can express your dislike in a harmless click rather than a nasty tirade.

This. The casual sexism on here is unusual in my experience of internet forums.

I will admit, most of us women here do treat our poor male members as pieces of meat. I mean honestly... Why would they put chest pictures up if they didn't want us to admire them. Thank goodness most of the sexist people here keep it in chat, fun & games or on their walls.

I am assuming this is the sexism you speak of, because I have yet to see one man on here worse than the females. Maybe you are referring to sexual innuendo..... If that the case yep its rampant here (it is easy to see and avoid), leave it alone.....I am happily married but I like the eye candy and so that everything is fair, I often show my husband some of my dream booties that are on this site...I swear my husbands new mantra for me is "Squat, baby, Squat"
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Maybe this site would benefit from a like/dislike feature, or upvote/downvote feature like Reddit where you can express your dislike in a harmless click rather than a nasty tirade.

This. The casual sexism on here is unusual in my experience of internet forums.

I will admit, most of us women here do treat our poor male members as pieces of meat. I mean honestly... Why would they put chest pictures up if they didn't want us to admire them. Thank goodness most of the sexist people here keep it in chat, fun & games or on their walls.

I am assuming this is the sexism you speak of, because I have yet to see one man on here worse than the females. Maybe you are referring to sexual innuendo..... If that the case yep its rampant here (it is easy to see and avoid), leave it alone.....I am happily married but I like the eye candy and so that everything is fair, I often show my husband some of my dream booties that are on this site...I swear my husbands new mantra for me is "Squat, baby, Squat"

10/10 would bang

Well, e-bang

'cause my wife would kick my hiney
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    SoB are you going to thank us all for posting on your thread....

tumblr_inline_myodznEAoc1r3zat8.gif

Honestly though, it feels good when you help someone and after spending your time to do so, they acknowledge your effort with a thanks.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    SoB are you going to thank us all for posting on your thread....

tumblr_inline_myodznEAoc1r3zat8.gif

Honestly though, it feels good when you help someone and after spending your time to do so, they acknowledge your effort with a thanks.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I am deeply humbled, honored, and a bit verklempt.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I think it should be both ways, people need to try and stop taking things to heart ( I am guilty I have my days)
    And some people need to stop being rude just for the sake of it and expecting people not to get hurt cos they can't be bothered being polite.

This ^
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    Damn you SoB, trying to log off for a bubble bath and had to check back and saw this word " verklempt", had no clue and had to Google. At least I have a new word to use :drinker:
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I see plenty of posts on here about rude or mean people who fail to properly couch their advice for the emotional fragility of whatever recipient chooses to take offense, but what about OPs who never say "thank you?" If you ask strangers for advice, get plenty of it, and fail to say "thank you," I'd say that is the very epitome of rude behavior. And while we're at it, what's so difficult about saying "please" when you ask for advice? When you post a thread on an internet forum seeking advice, you are asking complete strangers to spend their time helping you. These people are not paid, and they certainly don't solely exist to help you. They are individuals with their own lives, challenges, moods, etc. Keep that in mind the next time you post asking for advice.
    Ha! Thought about the same thing today! Thanks for bringing it up!
    It is really annoying, how little people 'filter' their thoughts through their own brain these days, before dumping it out into public. I've abandoned several (formerly interesting to me) forums, because there is a widespread rudeness. Is this some kind of kick that they get, out of insulting and name-calling total strangers without consequences....? I would have never survived, if my parents had ever caught me talking to a person this way in real life!
    I would also welcome it, if some posters would back up their statements at least with their own experiences, or sources, instead of repeating things like 'HRM are useless...', and leave, just to give an example. I mean, why waste the time, if there is nothing to contribute....
    Oh well, it's nice to vent on occasion, right.... =)

Have a great day!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Very true!