Question...

Options
2»

Replies

• jennylynn84
    Options
    Tony makes sense. Though I had never heard the sodium argument before. I only hear the aspertame one, and since I don't buy into that I don't worry about it. Of course, I'm not a huge soda drinker. I use it in cakes and have some every now and then, but not frequently. The most I've had recently was when I got sick and me and hubby downed a whole 2 liter of diet 7Up with a pot of chicken soup. I've never had that whole "addiction" thing to sodas.

I always just try to offset - when I get a lot of sodium I try to drink more water and get some more potassium that day.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When I go out for the evening (roughly once per week, on a Saturday or Friday, sometimes a Sunday - just letting you all know :laugh: ), I drink vodka and with my vodka I like diet coke.

That's all I have to say really, apart from the fact that I do not like vodka with any other drink except fresh orange juice, but seeing as to how some of the pubs I frequent do not stock fresh orange juice, diet coke will have to do.

The sodium in diet coke is (just had a look on the back of a bottle of the stuff) listed as "a trace" - how much "a trace" is is anybody's guess, but I think I can safely accept that it is less than the amount of sodium contained in my omelette that I had that morning or my cod in breadcrumbs that I had for tea.

People seemed obsessed with sodium, I wouldn't mind, but it is usually the same people that add salt to their food! We do need sodium (minimum of 500mg per day to be exact), however to say that diet sodas contain sodium and should be steered clear of is a little ridiculous, because they contain just "a trace"......