Are smoothie/juice cleanses good?

Options
13»

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    So exactly how does drinking juice all day cause diarrhea? And is that a GOOD thing?

Never could understand why someone would take all the fiber out of fruits and veggies, then concentrate all the simple sugars and drink nothing but that all day and call it healthy?
    What is the purpose of this?

The only cleanse that I have ever done, was before a colonoscopy. I certainly did not feel any 'healthier' afterwards, just extremely hungry.

Not sure how anyone could drink nothing but sugar water all day long and NOT be starving and exhausted from the spikes in glucose and insulin.

Is this the same thing that used to be called 'juice fasts'?

You aren't eating sugar water, expecially if you are doing it right. Fruit shoudl be a minority of what you are putting in your juicer. Yes drink nothing but apple juice and I am sure you will be doing horrible things to your insulin. After 2 months my husband is in normal cholestoral figures. He hasn't been there sense 18. He is 34 now. Would the same thing be accomplished by eating veggies, sure. This is simply a way to back into it, so you are able to stick with it. Don't hate on things you havn't tried. Do I think nothing but juice is a good plan no. Do I think your body needs "cleansed," no that is what you have a liver for. But is a great way to get alot of nutrients and start to change your taste buds into likeing less sweet foods. Juicing and diaretic given prior to a colonoscopy isn't the same thing. Like lets atleast use common sense if we are going to be super judgemental toward someone wanting some basic information.

I don't think she hating on anything, I think she's just asking some good questions.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Hey. Hey you. Yes, you - how about a brownie ice cream sandwich cleanse?

7ab9f9603cbae5d598d8c980f9d59df8.jpg
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

yum! Now that's my kind of cleanse :love:
  • akh1981
    akh1981 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

yum! Now that's my kind of cleanse :love:

Me, too!! Look, there are blueberries on the plate!! FRUIT!
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that juicing helps/hurt does anything more or less than normal food.........
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like to do a juice cleanse for my first meal of the day. I use 100% orange juice, and I find that it goes really well with my english muffin, spicy sausage patties, and over-easy eggs.

As for smoothies, there's a lot you can do. I think a clean, refreshing smoothie might go really nicely with a side of pizza. But if you're not that into pizza, you could just drink one for dessert and add a little extra ice cream.

This is awesome LOL
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Q: Are juice cleanses good?

A: No.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Nom nom nom
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXxHgpxrKYLp9ZJnOTtBMcux4WMFcF2oX2GdK5I8CQVHHltSSs