wow!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Really well done, you look friggin good!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Another bump for the ladies. OP, you look freakin' fantastic! Way to go!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: You're looking great!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!

dave-grohl-o.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Fuel and train! You've got it right.

(Also, please don't call them "man pushups." They are standard pushups.)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Faaaantastic!!!
  • sacris55
    sacris55 Posts: 6
    Options
    Amazing, thank you very much. I will have a look at that group. I've started changing my diet and I lift weights but only at some classes which are very limited, and with the assisted machines but I've stopped progressing so far so I think this is my next challenge! :)

Very well done again, keep it up!
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do have a question for anyone who might know the answer. When I first started lifting I was pretty much at my goal weight (149lbs wanted to be 145lbs) I happen to find lifting and loved the way it changed my body, I was so happy. I finished the NROL4W, I ran once a week for 3.1 miles and didn't really watch my calories, I simply did portions and didn't eat crap processed foods. I was maintaining and love it. So now flash forward I had a baby was not able to eat red meat or lift during my pregnancy (wish I would have gotten a second opinion, but what's done is done and she is one happy healthy baby) So short story long, I am doing the 5/3/1 Big But Boring - Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday, and doing a 20 minute HIIT program on Wednesdays. Should I do more cardio since this time around I need to lose weight on top of building more muscle? I am 5'5".5 179lbs and I like my body at 149lbs, although would love to be 145lbs but I don't care too much about what the scale says as long as I have a healthy BMI and Body Fat %, but I certainly do not have that now and know I have to lose at least 24lbs, any thoughts would be helpful - Thanks

Weight loss is all about calories in/calories out. You do the lifting to keep/make muscles and bones strong and you do the cardio for your heart, circulatory system, and lungs. I view the three -- diet, strength work, cardio -- as the three legs of your health. You need to balance the three for optimum health.
  • amylynnrobert
    amylynnrobert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am seeing more and more proof that weights don't make a bulky girl! I am planning on starting this as soon as I can figure out how to do this at home (i don't live near a gym) Thanks for the inspiration!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I do have a question for anyone who might know the answer. When I first started lifting I was pretty much at my goal weight (149lbs wanted to be 145lbs) I happen to find lifting and loved the way it changed my body, I was so happy. I finished the NROL4W, I ran once a week for 3.1 miles and didn't really watch my calories, I simply did portions and didn't eat crap processed foods. I was maintaining and love it. So now flash forward I had a baby was not able to eat red meat or lift during my pregnancy (wish I would have gotten a second opinion, but what's done is done and she is one happy healthy baby) So short story long, I am doing the 5/3/1 Big But Boring - Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday, and doing a 20 minute HIIT program on Wednesdays. Should I do more cardio since this time around I need to lose weight on top of building more muscle? I am 5'5".5 179lbs and I like my body at 149lbs, although would love to be 145lbs but I don't care too much about what the scale says as long as I have a healthy BMI and Body Fat %, but I certainly do not have that now and know I have to lose at least 24lbs, any thoughts would be helpful - Thanks

Weight loss is about calories in - calories out. You can run or do cardio, but a mile running is only 100 calories. That's like a banana. It would be more efficient to just eat at an appropriate deficit.

(that being said, I love everything about running)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I am seeing more and more proof that weights don't make a bulky girl! I am planning on starting this as soon as I can figure out how to do this at home (i don't live near a gym) Thanks for the inspiration!

I do a progressive bodyweight program.

Quite a number of people on this site have accumulated a home gym.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool!

Everyone has different goals! I'm a distance runner and I burn quite a bit of calories; I'm also trying to maintain and I need 2000 calories and sometimes more to maintain.

You look great by the way!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    You. Look. Stunning.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Amazing job thank you for sharing.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Fuel and train! You've got it right.

(Also, please don't call them "man pushups." They are standard pushups.)

Thanks! But...

I'm still going to call them man pushups. :)

I'm so rebellious. lol
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    TO the OP: congrats on the new you and your mindshift. My own journey is VERY similar to yours. I started of wanted to run off my baby weight and then switched to just lifting heavy and love being strong and my body just looks better..(I no longer run, I just lift weights!..)

Awesome job.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Love to see your success, I am lifting too, and I love it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!