No matter what I do, I can't lose weight/inches

Options
13»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Are you saying " the better I eat the worse I feel". Hold weight etc. Try reading about Salicylate Sensitivity. Being Salicylate Sensitive is a real pain because you need to eat fewer of the "healthy foods, veg and fruit of the moment" There are fruits and veg which are lower in the toxin and are equally appetising. It is worth while finding a dietitian or medic who understands it though.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I learned that the only way tht worked was using a scale and counting calories. Try it. What do you have to lose? Oh, I know! Weight!!!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: No matter what I do, I can't lose weight/inches
    I am not tracking my calorie intake.

lolz
    Because that's sooo funny. I came on here for advice not to be laughed at. I've tried several things to lose weight. No I have not tried weighing food and counting calories yet. Get a life

Well, it kind of is. You say "no matter what I do" but you haven't really tried much.

And you're saying "no matter what I do" on a calorie counting site when you haven't even tried calorie counting.

So.......

Well my bad for not being so specific. I have tried many things. No I didn't list them all. I don't need to sit here and tell my life story. Again, I came on the site asking for advice. I have never counted calories before but that's another reason why I came here. Duh!

I think what he is trying to just say count calories and then say "no matter what I do...." If you have not used the system you signed up for on MFP, which is why you're here then...Im confused. Just count calories darling and then see if it will be one of those things that will work unlike everthing else you've done. Good Luck!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You need to count your calories, weigh your food and get a heart rate monitor to measure accurate calorie burns when you exercise. This will help you stay at a deficit and you will lose weight.
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely need more information here. If you are not counting calories then like many others have said you are definitely putting in more than you think you are. Also, when you say you exercise enough to be sore what are you doing for exercise?
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use a food scale:smile:

Weighing a serving of cereal or peanut butter for example is way more accurate that using tablespoons or cups.:drinker:

Ahhhh....you are so right on this one! I have tripped over this a few times. It is amazing how many oz of Greek yogurt are actually left in a seemingly empty cup....
    Also, a scoop is not a scoop is not a scoop.... I got into the habit of measuring the number that's usually added as (... g) right with the serving size. I found a little food scale that can be switched from 'oz' to 'g' if needed. I found it more accurate, as I tend to heap my scoops...just a little...

OP, don't give up hope yet. You also have to remember, that your body will want to cling to its resources as long as possible. It is not a surprise that your weight loss might stall. The body adapts to survive. You will have to outsmart it....lol
    Do not forget to adjust your nutrition requirements (lower) as you are losing weight. Lower number on the bathroom scale means a lower number in your calorie allowance.

Congrats on your success so far! Keep going and good luck!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i've been eating only healthy food for ages, but i still weighed between 184 and 191 pounds. lower fat foods, mostly organic and fresh and self-prepared. nothing fried, lots of whole grains. i've found that calorie counting, keeping strict track, has me losing weight, as well as learning what foods i really love to eat because when you cut down the amount of food you eat, it really helps make it work if you only eat foods you love so you don't feel deprived... or at least, that's how it's been working for me.

there's been some experimenting - i tried 1000 calories per day, but didn't feel well and wasn't losing weight. as soon as i raised my calories to between 1200 and 1400 a day, i started losing. it's been about 6 weeks, and i've gone from 184.8 to 171.8 pounds. loss is a little slower now, about a pound to a pound and a half per week, which is good.

and as has already been said, use a cup for liquids but a scale for everything else. my scale has never had a workout like it's had for the past 6 weeks *LOL*
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Track your calories and from a few days you had in your diary I would say watch out for sodium intake. It seemed to be pretty high both days.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Calories. Count them. I think there is a really cool website that helps you do that... many people on here go to it... forget what it was called though.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The OP was getting good advice that she was open to and asking questions and then people showed up late to the party, didn't read any responses and started mocking her. Brilliant.
  • CDzzzz1
    CDzzzz1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Start with your core. Core, core, core, core. Did I mention core. Start with sit-ups, leg lifts, bicycle kicks, crunches, planks, etc. Start out with 10 sit-ups in at least 5 different positions every day and build up at 40 to 100. Of course eat better but the core is the most important to start out with. Your core muscles help hold your internal organs in place. You'll have more energy, your clothes will fit better, and your overall health is better. It can take 2 weeks to 2 months to get a good solid core if you do at least sit-ups and crunches every day at different positions you find on the internet. Your workout should be at least 15 minutes. You can get an ab roller to help you get started and the ab wheel (the ab wheel was developed by a navy seal - enough said). You won't necessarily lose weight but you will lose inches. Say you have 2 drinking cups each weighing one pound. One has fat and the other has muscle. The fat will fill up the cup a lot more than the muscle. Fat is like soft/fluffy and muscle is solid. That's why your clothes will fit better and you will lose inches. About 85% of your workout should be your core when you first start out. Core exercises also raise your heart rate which is good cardio. You can add some lightweights (3 to 5 pounds) for your arms and legs and at least 15 minutes of cardio like walking or something like that. You should start with your core until you get solid core muscles and than you can start with your favorite fitness DVD', exercises, running on the treadmill, etc. I know this is something some people in the exercise industry have to know but I never hear or read about it. Just thought I would share what I found out by accident. You can research on the internet how to do a correct sit-up, etc. When you're doing exercises make sure you engage your stomach muscles. Always pull in your stomach which will also help protect your lower back. Of course you should eat better. Once you move on to your favorite DVD, etc. your fitness will improve. I'm not an expert but that's my advice. Take it or leave it. Did I mention CORE!!!!!! LOL! :grumble: :sad: :wink: :laugh: :smile: