Anyone else hate clothes?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Find a pair of jeans that fit your tush and legs comfortably, and then spend the <$20 to get the waist tailored in. It changes the entire look and feel of the jeans, and you will feel amazing in them.

I struggle with jeans because my thighs are bigger and my legs are longer than "average". Once I found a jean that was deemed "curvy fit", I fell in LOVE with how they feel and look. *and no more needing a belt to gather in all the extra material at the waist.

I'd also recommend a boot cut leg.

Pair that with a slightly fitted top, not skin tight, and you will look fabulous.

You have a great figure, you just need to find the right style that suits you. And there is one.

oh... and dude with the junk... where's the eyebleach? Really we don't need to see shaft.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I hate clothes as well. ;)
    Lets all just shed the unnecessary burden of clothing! Revolt against un-nakedness!
    Dude. Seriously, put your ding-a-ling away. You should be so excited about advertising your SHORTcomings.

I second. Don't need to see that, even if I am pro-nakedness.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Revolution!

How about a little Nair and a zipped zipper.

Really, nobody wants to see your penis.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't look good in clothes or out.
    But I prefer out. Comfier for sure!
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are totally right - it is super important to learn to dress for your shape! I am sure you can wear whatever you want and look great, but to feel REALLY confident you need to find the clothes that flatter your best features - which sounds to me like your butt, boobs, and tiny waist.

Try tucking blousey shirts in front (just go to a banana or jcrew catalog to see some good examples of this type of styling), wear more dresses, or add belts to things. Find someone famous who has a body similar to yours and pay attention to what they wear. Note - you will not have the EXACT body as this celeb. Just someone who probably faces some of the same challenges as you. Ex - I can't claim to have the same height and hips/waist ratio as Sophia Vergara, but emulating her dress style has helped me try out a few cute items that I never would have attempted otherwise.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Find a pair of jeans that fit your tush and legs comfortably, and then spend the <$20 to get the waist tailored in. It changes the entire look and feel of the jeans, and you will feel amazing in them.

I struggle with jeans because my thighs are bigger and my legs are longer than "average". Once I found a jean that was deemed "curvy fit", I fell in LOVE with how they feel and look. *and no more needing a belt to gather in all the extra material at the waist.

I'd also recommend a boot cut leg.

Pair that with a slightly fitted top, not skin tight, and you will look fabulous.

You have a great figure, you just need to find the right style that suits you. And there is one.

oh... and dude with the junk... where's the eyebleach? Really we don't need to see shaft.

shaft-richard-roundtree-vhs-cover-art.jpg

shut yo mouth!!! \m/
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is really a "grass is always greener" kind of thing. I wish I could wear baggy clothes without looking like a tent (I'm curvy). My slim friend wishes she could wear tailored jackets without "looking like a boy" (her words). We all have styles that suit us and styles that look atrocious. It's just about finding the right balance. As to your problem- if casual clothes don't suit you then don't wear casual clothes! It's better to be overdressed and feeling awesome than "appropriately" dressed and self conscious.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I hate clothes as well. ;)
    Lets all just shed the unnecessary burden of clothing! Revolt against un-nakedness!

You and a certain hipster would get along well.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ask me how I can tell who didn't read the whole thread.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, I think a high waisted pencil skirt with a midriff top would flatter you nicely. It'll elongate you -- making you appear thinner -- and draw attention to your smallest area (your waist).

edit: if you're going for a work look, just pair a tailored blazer with the ensemble. Now you have a work look that can quickly change to a girls night out look. You're welcome.

Thanks for the tips. I am already quite fond of a good old high waisted skirt :). I think casual dress is the real killer haha.

Yeah casual can be tough - but as mentioned by others - jeans look just as good on you as anyone else! Also - find some casual dresses that cinch at the waist or are form fitting. There are tons of great options.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have a body shape similar-ish to yours. I find form fitting tops with a knee length flowing skirt is very attractive, especially belted. I like dresses that have this style and tend to get a lot of complements when wearing them. Hope this helps!
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options
    Btw, I think it is fine to wear a comfy dress with flip flops and call it casual. I have been known to do yard work like this, lol
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    IN for being naked! (with booze, btw)
  • 1saturn
    1saturn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Btw, I think it is fine to wear a comfy dress with flip flops and call it casual. I have been known to do yard work like this, lol

Yeah, I like dresses. They actually cater to a curvy form :)
  • golfguy9
    golfguy9 Posts: 104
    Options
    Clothes don't look good on me. I have short legs it sucks
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options
    God made us naked...we should stay naked.... hippies all around :flowerforyou:

God also made me white. If I went nude, all my bits would be a pretty blistering red . Ouch
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you would look awesome in jeans and a top similar to what many girls wear exercising.

Just saying. :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, love clothes and feel they hide my not-so-great spots.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ehhh clothes is clothes is clothes...Its mass produced to fit the broadest rang of people and lets face it NONE of us are shaped the same...Thus the invention of tailors. Here's a good basic...don't focus on the size, look for something that fits. Find things that accentuate the smallest part of your waist. If you're curvy (which you don't look tooo curvy) go with a line skirts, blazers....structure. A clingy tshirt doesn't make anyone look that great! Structured pieces that give your body shape! And then...find yourself a fantastic tailor and make them your new best friend. A good tailor can take and OK jacket and make it look like a custom made piece.

Either that or go with what everyone else says....Go naked! LOL