Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Two !! Why? Wouldn't one be enough?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Your parents misspelled "Kelly" and I am not complaining.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    gee thanks.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think those that don't understand how language works may be able to grasp the complexity of this incredibly important life lesson with the usage of imagery.

lose-loose-e1338300164717.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Your parents misspelled "Kelly" and I am not complaining.

/died
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    YES it matters! They are two entirely different meanings. Do we know what the poster means? Yes, but that doesn't make it grammatically correct.
    The question is, how does it affect your life if someone uses the wrong lose?

Other than the cringe I get when I read it? It doesn't in the short term. It just makes me sad that 1) people don't know the difference between the two words when they are grade school spelling words. And 2) It makes me sadder that people shrug and say it doesn't make a difference when it very clearly does make a difference because they are two entirely different words. By accepting the wrong use of it we are dumbing down our language. What next? We've already accepted that people don't know the difference between your and you're and they're, their and there. It just seems to me that we accept these things too easily anymore.

Am I going to make a big deal of if? No. I get that we're all here to lose weight and to learn how to be healthier. This isn't a grammar site and a lot of people here don't even speak English as their first language. I'm not here to be the grammar Nazi but that doesn't mean it doesn't make me cringe.
    EL

OH

EL
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Get lost OP. C wat I did ther?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I absolutely agree. It's appalling, the amount of people who don't know how to write in their OWN native language. What on earth?

and people complain about certain groups of people breaking into their country, and not learning /their/ wonderful language.

and they can't even type in that very same language correctly! :P

people are going to throw a grade A hissy fit over that comment, but my goodness people its the truth. have pride in your language and learn basic, everyday rules of using it.
    LOL... I cannot correct your errors because it is against forum rules.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree. It's appalling, the amount of people who don't know how to write in their OWN native language. What on earth?

and people complain about certain groups of people breaking into their country, and not learning /their/ wonderful language.

and they can't even type in that very same language correctly! :P

people are going to throw a grade A hissy fit over that comment, but my goodness people its the truth. have pride in your language and learn basic, everyday rules of using it.

Not sure if srs (or has caps on keyboard).
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm just hear to loose all the wait
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    You guys need to loose the attitude. Its not there fault the dont no proper english.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Eye no, wat eh buntch uf loosers

hehehehe!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    DO YOU EVEN ENGLISH??
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Been here for two years...

...and you think this is going to end well?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    This isn't even a grammar or spelling error! It's just totally using the wrong word haha.
    It's almost as bad as when people type out sentences and somewhere in them type lol or haha.

Not even close.
    People without a face have no opinions. Because you don't have a mouth.

So are you an exceptional dog, or a stupid man? Curious.
    Oh now now. No need to resort to personal attacks. No need to loose your cool.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I have to agree my inner nazi comes out when I see 98% of the population write this irrespective of this being a fitness forum.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This is a loosing battle on here. It keeps coming up and nobody ever pays attention and makes the change.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    This is a loosing battle on here. It keeps coming up and nobody ever pays attention and makes the change.

:mad:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

:mad:

:flowerforyou: :smooched: