Options
1235»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    OP says site has pictures of real women
    Site has pictures of real women
    People who fail to click get mad because they project their own issues onto the OPs words.

Seems legit

Never change, MFP
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I wish I could search by breast size and torso length as well.

Boobs and torso length are pretty big variables, imo. A 200 pound woman with huge boobs is going to have a very different body than a 200 lb woman with teeny boobs. Same with a 200 lb woman with a short torso vs a long torso.

Thanks for the link.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I remember that site and told my super thin asian friends but they cant find any picture of their range...I was like...:bigsmile:
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    in to look at later. stupid blocked sites.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Are they wearing lingerie and clear heels?

now that is a before and after pic my friend.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    This is the message that I get all the time when I enter my stats. It seems that in order to get an idea of how a "real woman look like," you have to fit certain criteria. My stats and age don't make me a real woman, just a very special and old snow flake.

No, I am not uploading my picture in the internet.

Then why are you complaining that you aren't represented? If nobody your age and body type posts their picture, then those pictures won't be out there.

I posted mine because there aren't that many 5'9" women north of 200. People need to see a range of body types.

They have the ability to block out your face and crop down the photo.

OK, I post my picture and the next time that I check the website I see a picture of myself. No thanks, my mirror works just fine. Actually, I kind of like being and snow flake.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    This is the message that I get all the time when I enter my stats. It seems that in order to get an idea of how a "real woman look like," you have to fit certain criteria. My stats and age don't make me a real woman, just a very special and old snow flake.

Then why are you complaining that you aren't represented? If nobody your age and body type posts their picture, then those pictures won't be out there.

I posted mine because there aren't that many 5'9" women north of 200. People need to see a range of body types.

OK, I post my picture and the next time that I check the website I see a picture of myself. No thanks, my mirror works just fine. Actually, I kind of like being and snow flake.

The next time somebody with your body type checks out that website, they'll get a better understanding of how normal they are.
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump for laterrrrrrr.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

The next time somebody with your body type checks out that website, they'll get a better understanding of how normal they are.

What about letting somebody post first, so I can get a better understanding of how normal, or not, I am? I like this better.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like that site, but I wish they didn't include clothing sizes due to vanity sizing and pride issues. It's one thing to list your height and weight, just the facts and the point of the site. But there are a whole lot of pictures for short curvy girls, some of whom are overweight by BMI and not because of muscle, who say they are wearing size 4's, 2's, 0's. I almost think it goes against the point of the site. What was interesting is that the heavier the person, the smaller the pant size was listed. The smaller people in the 10 pound range were listing 6's or up.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like that site, but I wish they didn't include clothing sizes due to vanity sizing and pride issues. It's one thing to list your height and weight, just the facts and the point of the site. But there are a whole lot of pictures for short curvy girls, some of whom are overweight by BMI and not because of muscle, who say they are wearing size 4's, 2's, 0's. I almost think it goes against the point of the site. What was interesting is that the heavier the person, the smaller the pant size was listed. The smaller people in the 10 pound range were listing 6's or up.

I agree. Clothing sizes are pretty subjective. I know when I was gaining weight, I didn't want to admit that I was a size 16, and I still had this ONE pair of size 14 pants that fit for some reason so I was all like "SEE LOOK I'M A 14!" So it really wouldn't surprise me if other people were doing that as well.
  • likitisplit
    Options

What about letting somebody post first, so I can get a better understanding of how normal, or not, I am? I like this better.

It's up to you, but don't act like it's anybody else's responsibility to represent your body type.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Thank you. Im a solid 12 and everybody else my weight said they are in a 10
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Great post, OP, and great website link!
  • xHalez17
    xHalez17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just went back to the site, it's changed some since I last saw it. "What Real Women Look Like" is actually the website's tagline. Sorry if someone else already pointed that out; poor OP needlessly took some heat on that one.

I was just now reading through the comments on this post, and I'm sorry to those I may have offended! My topic line really was because of this affiliation implied above. I am painfully unaware of the argument and controversy over what makes a woman a "real woman", but I think this website was created to help people decipher between the photo-shopped and the not photo-shopped. It is sometimes hard to distinguish between those who lie about their weight or simply hide some of it in today's media and whatnot. Let me also point out that the website offers a lot of different search preferences, with a large weight range, and I wasn't implying that those of a lower weight were more of a woman than those of a larger weight and vice versa.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I just went back to the site, it's changed some since I last saw it. "What Real Women Look Like" is actually the website's tagline. Sorry if someone else already pointed that out; poor OP needlessly took some heat on that one.

I was just now reading through the comments on this post, and I'm sorry to those I may have offended! My topic line really was because of this affiliation implied above. I am painfully unaware of the argument and controversy over what makes a woman a "real woman", but I think this website was created to help people decipher between the photo-shopped and the not photo-shopped. It is sometimes hard to distinguish between those who lie about their weight or simply hide some of it in today's media and whatnot. Let me also point out that the website offers a lot of different search preferences, with a large weight range, and I wasn't implying that those of a lower weight were more of a woman than those of a larger weight and vice versa.

Don't apologize for foundless interpretations of what you said. People need to own their crazy. You were factual, accurate, and helpful.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hey, I learned I may be apple shaped. lol I always thought I was hourglass shaped, but the one or two random women with my stats are shown as apple. Good to know!