Finding an Exercise Partner/Buddy/Pal/Comrade/Ally/Colleague

Options
How did you go about finding an exercise partner?

Typically I try to work with the girl I'm dating my exercise partner to get some foreplay action going, but I never date the same person unfortunately in excess of two-three weeks.

Any idea on the best way to find someone, preferably a guy actually so the person sticks around-with similar build and goals to share to motivate and get motivated from on the workout experience?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym. I look for people who are lifting solo who lift almost as much or more than me and have decent form.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Tinder.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym. I look for people who are lifting solo who lift almost as much or more than me and have decent form.

I guess I'm talking more than the gym life, cause I do have that already -I'm talking like partner - trail runs, hikes, swimming - I do a great deal of activities to maintain the body.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Tinder.

I keep hearing about this tinder but don't know much about it. Would you suggest it for me to find a good workout partner?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    MFP

also... what happened to the brazilian?
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

I guess I'm talking more than the gym life, cause I do have that already -I'm talking like partner - trail runs, hikes, swimming - I do a great deal of activities to maintain the body.

get a dog. Less maintenance
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Tinder.

I keep hearing about this tinder but don't know much about it. Would you suggest it for me to find a good workout partner?

Only if you want cardio or so I've heard.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Tinder.
    :noway:

I just said I have done that with tons and tons of people but I never am around for over two to three weeks and neither are they.. its da tinder way.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    MFP

^she dumped me...it was my fault I still have a little more growing up to do. - we are on good terms and everything tho.. :embarassed:

I'm talking to a few new ladies now, one is a former run-way model that just got back to the states, and the other does modeling as well.. not a former run-way model, but she is a QT 3.14 and has the sexxy hair. ;)

4 years younger then me tho...

but as I said I really should find a workout buddy - girls I have other things going on with tend to be only around temporarily....
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    get a dog. Less maintenance

Poop duty, no thank you.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    What makes you think your new guy "workout buddy" won't want a commitment of longer than two or three weeks? Fidelity has no gender!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    grindr
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I try to make the girl I'm dating

Oh, Grasshopper... :no:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    -brags about the number of ladies he picks up

-unable to keep one around

Speaks volumes.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Speaks volumes.

ummm... "unable to keep one around"
    da faq bro...? She was a former run-way model from Brazil, super active with the sexy cute vibe going on simultaneously... I dated her exclusively for a lil-bit and had a great time and learned a lot, and it ended as okish 'friends'..
    it's much more comprehensive then simply not keeping one around.. she is a lady so I respected her decision. I only want the very very best to stick around, and only will stick around if the girl is better than me, because being incredible myself I'm not willing to settle for anything less than whats my view of the ideal individual. If I wanted some average chick, then I could have them stick around easy.

jeez man.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    How did you go about finding an exercise partner?

Typically I try to make the girl I'm dating my exercise partner to get some foreplay action going, but I never date the same person unfortunately in excess of two-three weeks.

Any idea on the best way to find someone, preferably a guy actually so the person sticks around-with similar build and goals to share to motivate and get motivated from on the workout experience?

Since you can't maintain a relationship longer than 2-3 weeks, I would suggest you stop focusing on women and instead focus on yourself because you clearly aren't ready or even capable of a relationship... seeing as you switch girls as often as I change my panties and all you do is brag about the "models" you date. Newsflash: looks only go so far.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Speaks volumes.

ummm... "unable to keep one around"
    da faq bro...? She was a former run-way model from Brazil, super active with the sexy cute vibe going on simultaneously... I dated her exclusively for a lil-bit and had a great time and learned a lot, and it ended as okish 'friends'..
    it's much more comprehensive then simply not keeping one around.. she is a lady so I respected her decision. I only want the very very best to stick around, and only will stick around if the girl is better than me, because being incredible myself I'm not willing to settle for anything less than whats my view of the ideal individual. If I wanted some average chick, then I could have them stick around easy.

jeez man.

Humbleness goes a long way. You should try it.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    MFP

^she dumped me...it was my fault I still have a little more growing up to do. - we are on good terms and everything tho.. :embarassed:

I'm talking to a few new ladies now, one is a former run-way model that just got back to the states, and the other does modeling as well.. not a former run-way model, but she is a QT 3.14 and has the sexxy hair. ;)

4 years younger then me tho...

but as I said I really should find a workout buddy - girls I have other things going on with tend to be only around temporarily....

sorry to hear that brah. it might be good to find someone with similar interests, but you really should stay focused on one thing at a time. you are all over the place and consistency is a good thing.