(My Story) From 190 to 170 to Plateau to Quitting

Options
124»

Replies

• bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I have recently lost 20 pounds in 2 months, and had to overcome weeks of immense scale success, and other weeks of the scale not budging for weeks. It can be REALLY hard on the ego, and it is easy to become obsessive over your weight, and weightloss.
    It is comforting to know others have the same struggle, and today you made me realize that I am a lot stronger that I ever thought I was. In hindsight, it would have been so easy to quit, or to emotionally eat - but instead, somehow, i persevered. Wow.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    My Mom maintained 3 yrs and then all of a sudden is 148lbs..I am bouncing in the 240s..I am in the same boat..time to track every morsel and get this weight off for good. You got this..I am one of the unlucky ones whose own body attacked itself and I gained 60 lbs plus back. Now it is slowly coming off again now we know somewhat what was wrong. My liver and gall bladder are finally in a healthy place...don't give up and just keep pushing.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank u for sharing. I'm dealing with this plateau beast currently but I'm not giving up. Thanks again. ☺
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Don't rely solely on the scale! I haven't lost a pound but many inches 7heb3hmibcaq.jpeg
    8s1t715vt6um.jpeg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @medlaura thanks for your honest post and sharing the factual info you have since learned.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. I am six pounds above my goal for Thanksgiving
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    dianaiku wrote: »
    I needed this today. I am six pounds above my goal for Thanksgiving

Please don't focus on the scale. There is so much more you can do to track your progress. I really recommend measuring. You might not be losing weight, but you are probably losing body fat % and that is really all that matters!!!!!!!
  • medlaura
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Great job! And I hope you realize now that losing 1 pound a week (from your original post) is certainly not a plateau, it's fantastic! :)

Yes, 1 pound, hell even .5 of a pound is progress!
  • medlaura
    Options
    Don't rely solely on the scale! I haven't lost a pound but many inches

That is awesome, I am currently doing insanity. Didn't lose a pounds on the first month, but I did lose hella inches & bodyfat %
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    People also need to remember to adjust their intake relative to their weight, the calories you consume at 200lbs to lose weight is more than the calories you will consume at 150lbs to lose weight.

You lose weight but keep eating the same number of calories and that deficit gets smaller until you end up eating close to the maintenance of you new weight, people then wonder why their weight loss slows or almost stops.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!