mug muffin! (oats + fruit)

Options
zilkah
zilkah Posts: 207 Member
I was hungry this morning and saw a recipe for a mug muffin and figured I'd try to make one. Change it up with whatever fruit you like but I'll write what I used, surprisingly filling :)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Quaker quick oats
1 lg egg
1 packet of sweetener (or sugar)
1tsp almond milk
a few drops vanilla extract
1 medium strawberry
2 inches of banana

Cut up the strawberry into small pieces and mash the banana into small chunks in a coffee mug. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until like a batter or a fairly liquid consistency. If too thick add more milk. Microwave about 1 minute on medium-high. I checked texture with a spoon to make sure cooked through and inverted onto a place.

https://flic.kr/p/nYk5hD (photo)

Replies

• zilkah
    Options
    14420937453_b433afdbe3_n.jpg
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Will try tomorrow :):)
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try that! Looks good and low calorie.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    NICE Definitely will give it a try! thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Every mug cake recipe I have tried tastes too much like eggs. This one looks pretty good though.
  • zilkah
    Options
    yeah, the vanilla extract really helped with that I think, and the sweetener. I've also had a lot of eggy ones , yuck
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'll have to try it for my breakfast tomorrow!
  • miraballs
    miraballs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had this for breakfast today.
    I weigh my foods, so here is what mine came out to:
    40 g oats
    1 egg
    22 g banana
    45 g strawberries (my strawberries were sorta on the small side so used two strawberries)
    1 T. 2% milk (.4 oz)
    dash of vanilla

Mine was a total of 259 calories.
    I did not add sugar - just a personal preference as I do not like super sweet things for breakfast and the banana and strawberry made it just sweet enough..but someone else may prefer some sweetener. Since all microwaves are different, I wasn't sure on power level, ended up microwaving for 2 minutes on medium, 30 second on medium to high and 30 seconds on high. You want a decent sized to large mug for this.

The texture and taste was like a baked oatmeal. It was filling and tasted good esp. compared to some microwave muffins out there. I would make this again! Thanks for the recipe! :flowerforyou: