Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

mug muffin! (oats + fruit)

zilkah
zilkah Posts: 207 Member
I was hungry this morning and saw a recipe for a mug muffin and figured I'd try to make one. Change it up with whatever fruit you like but I'll write what I used, surprisingly filling :)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Quaker quick oats
1 lg egg
1 packet of sweetener (or sugar)
1tsp almond milk
a few drops vanilla extract
1 medium strawberry
2 inches of banana

Cut up the strawberry into small pieces and mash the banana into small chunks in a coffee mug. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until like a batter or a fairly liquid consistency. If too thick add more milk. Microwave about 1 minute on medium-high. I checked texture with a spoon to make sure cooked through and inverted onto a place.

https://flic.kr/p/nYk5hD (photo)

Replies

• zilkah
    14420937453_b433afdbe3_n.jpg
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Sounds good. Will try tomorrow :):)
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    I'm gonna have to try that! Looks good and low calorie.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    NICE Definitely will give it a try! thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Every mug cake recipe I have tried tastes too much like eggs. This one looks pretty good though.
  • zilkah
    yeah, the vanilla extract really helped with that I think, and the sweetener. I've also had a lot of eggy ones , yuck
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Sounds good! I'll have to try it for my breakfast tomorrow!
  • miraballs
    miraballs Posts: 2 Member
    Bump
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Had this for breakfast today.
    I weigh my foods, so here is what mine came out to:
    40 g oats
    1 egg
    22 g banana
    45 g strawberries (my strawberries were sorta on the small side so used two strawberries)
    1 T. 2% milk (.4 oz)
    dash of vanilla

Mine was a total of 259 calories.
    I did not add sugar - just a personal preference as I do not like super sweet things for breakfast and the banana and strawberry made it just sweet enough..but someone else may prefer some sweetener. Since all microwaves are different, I wasn't sure on power level, ended up microwaving for 2 minutes on medium, 30 second on medium to high and 30 seconds on high. You want a decent sized to large mug for this.

The texture and taste was like a baked oatmeal. It was filling and tasted good esp. compared to some microwave muffins out there. I would make this again! Thanks for the recipe! :flowerforyou: