arghhhh i cant stop cheating on my diet

Options
This is super hard. I cant stop cheating after dinner i keep looking for sweet treats.

Replies

• mtarrango
    mtarrango Posts: 1
    Options
    Not sure what kind of sweet treat you are looking for but I've tried the Quaker caramel rice cakes (50 cal) with a tbsp of peanut butter (depends on what kind). I've also done the cottage cheese with fruit like blueberries... not exactly the chocolate cake I want but somehow works! Good luck!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is open, but it seems blank, we can't make any specific critiques. However, I *totally* am the same way. The very best solution I have found is to "pre-log" my evening snack (feel free to look at my diary--I renamed the meals to reflect my eating habits). Every day I log an evening meal replacement shake (that's my "sweet treat" until I use up this giant can, lol). For you, it may be something else you have and like. Then you can plan the rest of your day to fit those treats in.

Also, it's good to make sure you've got your calorie goal sufficiently high to curb the "hungries" and refuel your body, while still low enough to allow for weight loss. What is your calorie goal, and what types of exercise, if any, are you doing? Those questions can help us fine tune your program for you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Stop being on a diet and then make room in your calories for a sweet treat. Being on a restrictive fad diet will do you no favors.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Are these sweet treats in your house? If so and there presence makes you overeat on your calorie goal....why are they in your house?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Stop being on a diet and then make room in your calories for a sweet treat. Being on a restrictive fad diet will do you no favors.

"took the words right outta my mouth...."
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is open, but it seems blank, we can't make any specific critiques. However, I *totally* am the same way. The very best solution I have found is to "pre-log" my evening snack (feel free to look at my diary--I renamed the meals to reflect my eating habits). Every day I log an evening meal replacement shake (that's my "sweet treat" until I use up this giant can, lol). For you, it may be something else you have and like. Then you can plan the rest of your day to fit those treats in.

Also, it's good to make sure you've got your calorie goal sufficiently high to curb the "hungries" and refuel your body, while still low enough to allow for weight loss. What is your calorie goal, and what types of exercise, if any, are you doing? Those questions can help us fine tune your program for you.

solid advice.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

...or that
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Are these sweet treats in your house? If so and there presence makes you overeat on your calorie goal....why are they in your house?

Agree.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it as a diet. There's your problem right there. This a change in how you live, not a "diet", which are automatically viewed as something impermanent and something to be "cheated" on.

Work treats into your calorie goal. Save up the calories at the end of the day so you can have something reasonable.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

This.

If you're like me, as soon as you tell yourself you *can't* have something, you immediately want to eat 20 of whatever it is. Instead of telling yourself you can't have any, work a small treat into your day. If I pre-log 1 or 2 cookies into my day, it helps keep me on track the rest of the day because I know I'm getting my sweets later on.

You can also try flavoured teas. David's tea makes a lot of dessert flavours. Currently at home I have Creme Caramel, Buttered Rum, Red Velvet Cake, and Mint Chocolate. David's Tea is Canadian. If you're in another country, I'm sure there is a company that is similar around you.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dove promise 44 calories each, half cup of ciao bella 150 cals, 2 oreos 100 cals... I pre-log a dessert most days and it all works fine.
  • meghanbefit
    meghanbefit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have to have something sweet at the end of the day. Since I try to eat smaller portions and healthier options and exercise I need a little something. I buy the 90 calorie ice cream snickers and the skinny cow ice creams which range from 150-160 calories. I'll have one of those in the evening or one after my workout.
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue- need to have something sweet after dinner. I LOVE Breyer's no sugar added vanilla ice cream- 80 cal for 1/2 cup and Keeble cone- 20 cal. I also love Dole banana dippers in dark chocolate- 4 for 100 cal. Just work what you want into calorie goal for the day. I completely agree with pre-logging- it gives you an idea where you are for the day and how many calories you have left to play with,
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    plan one small treat a day and fit into your calorie goals. Yesterday, mine was a half serving of talenti gelato. today it's a cadbury creme egg. I figure if it is not something I am willing to quit eating for the rest of my life, then it is not something I will completely forego while trying to lose weight. I just plan for my teats and spread them out :wink:
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it as a diet. There's your problem right there. This a change in how you live, not a "diet", which are automatically viewed as something impermanent and something to be "cheated" on.

Work treats into your calorie goal. Save up the calories at the end of the day so you can have something reasonable.

Exactly!! Well put!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Dont give up, it is hard. Pick something in advance that is not too bad.. Some good choices that have worked for me are strawberries with that fake low fat whipped cream or i also try to make a fruit and ice blender smoothie without any dairy in it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This. I have treats every day.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Diets are short term IMO and never worked for me. Don't deprive yourself and get creative with healthy snacks. An apple with natural peanut better is good. Blueberries with plain Greek yogurt is also super yummy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Yup eating a cadbury chocolate bar as I type this...

I prelog it, work my calories and macros around it and lessen it if I have to but I always have it.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options

Yup eating a cadbury chocolate bar as I type this...

I prelog it, work my calories and macros around it and lessen it if I have to but I always have it.

^^^^This