Hi People!

Options
I am ready to make my dreams come true of getting healthy and losing the weight once and for all. Looking for like minded people as well as inspiration to continue going. I turned 37 in Feb. And it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm gonna be 40 fat and miserable unless I change now. What if I start this year so that instead of dreading fat 40, I could instead run towards fit 40. So I'm a woman on a mission. I'm being realistic expecting only a pound per week leading up to the 3 years that mark 40. 152 weeks , 152 pounds lost. I hope. Lol. Just need support from those looking to dig n their heels for the long haul.

Replies

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    lets do this!! add me! <3
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    I'm game! Add me :)
  • Ready4thanewme
    Ready4thanewme Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Mumma! This is my 1st time joining a site like this or posting to any site for that matter so excuse me while I get the hang of things. Thanks so much for joining me on this journey! I appreciate you!
  • mummma
    Options
    ive been around a while, on and off and now very much on as i approach my 100 days logging mark :). if you need anything just ask x
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    Thanks squeak monster! Lol. I'm still looking around getting a feel for the site, getting the hang of things. I'm so happy you ladies are joining my quest for 40s domination! I have ALOT to lose. So I need all the help I can get. I started without counting calories but eating more veggies and nuts and fish. I just learned today that the half cup walnuts I eat daily are 400 calories!!! I was and am totally shocked. I never even thought to look because I just assumed walnuts were healthy. Smh.
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    Mumma thx it's awesome to have a veteran on my team! So may I ask, is the 100 days a milestone? How does that work? I may have to look for a sticky that gives me info on the basics. Thx again!
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can defintely add me, Ive been on since April but have only missed a couple days here and there, but most of the time Im always on ( I think Im addicted to this site) LOL I only have a few friends but could use more. A bit of advise I can give you now is for those walnuts, its better if you had a scale to weigh them, It would make a big difference. Only use cups for liquids.
  • mummma
    Options
    the site will log the amount of days you log in, in a row! im coming up to my 100 day streak :) x
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    I just learned today that the half cup walnuts I eat daily are 400 calories!!! I was and am totally shocked. I never even thought to look because I just assumed walnuts were healthy. Smh.

I had that EXACT same reaction last Friday when I had a Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coolatta as a treat. I knew that it wasn't considering healthy (not by a long stretch), but 600+ calories ... OMIGOD, it's a drink, how is that even possible!!!!
  • mummma
    Options
    oh i just found out the calories in a fresh coconut the other day. my jaw dropped! haha. nuts in moderation kids! x
  • kmkylemo
    kmkylemo Posts: 1,103
    Options
    152 pounds in 3 years is definitely attainable especially with the support of others. Add me and let's get this thing done.
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    Hiya Christine! Thanks so much for your support! And advice! Wow I guess I will invest in one of those food scales. That makes sooooo much sense now that you've said measure only liquids in cups! Epihany goosebumps lol. Wow.
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    the site will log the amount of days you log in, in a row! im coming up to my 100 day streak :) x

Ok I get it! Awesome and congrats!!!
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    oh i just found out the calories in a fresh coconut the other day. my jaw dropped! haha. nuts in moderation kids! x

Another "health food" I never would have thought to second guess is coconut. I mean I hear cheesecake and I think danger danger danger.! But fresh coconut and walnuts I had no idea. But I will def be using the nuts in moderation from this point forward. I kept going back to re enter the word walnuts with this puzzled look thinking this can't be right lol. But now I know and knowing is half the battle I suppose.
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    152 pounds in 3 years is definitely attainable especially with the support of others. Add me and let's get this thing done.

Thanks Kymkylemo! That's what I was thinking. I'm like this time around I want to be completely realistic. I want to give myself time as well as ingrain in my brain to most of all be consistent and be patient. Only then will the results come. I didn't gain it over night and I won't lose it over night. In the past I'd find myself frustrated if I hadn't lost what I thought I should have lost by a certain time. So I'd throw in the towel. But I'm so ready to dig my heels in and be as stubborn as possible to just stick it out for the long haul.
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    I know what you mean. I would do a certain workout for like a week and not get what I thought it would do and then turn a try something else with the same result and then give up. I always thought if I just didn't eat fast food I would lose weight but I really think counting the calories is the way to go. I've always heard it takes 21 days to start or stop a habit so I'm setting my goal on that and then I'll take it from there. I need to be more realistic as well.
  • ICP94
    ICP94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You got this!

Please add me as I am in the same boat and I am also looking for like minded people and their support .
    I am turning the BIG 50 in November and I am seriously overweight. I am 38 lbs overweight. All I am really hoping for is to lose the weight for my birthday but in the process make it a complete life style change. I am having a hard time with it as old habits die hard. I have started back on MFP and hoping to continue with your support.
    Help!! What say you?
  • kmkylemo
    Options
    50? No way you could easily pass for early 30's. With the help of MFP and each other we can do this.
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just saw a couple other people on here just started on this site, any of you can add me. Daily logger and looking for more friends as well. Doing the 30DS if any of you are doing that or thinking about doing it and would like motivation, Im here. :smile:
  • Ready4thanewme
    Options
    Wow Squeak! 600+ calories for one drink?!? This is def gonna be a whole new world for me getting the hang of calorie counting. I'm learning so much already. French Vanilla is so yummy it's my fave. Wow so you def understand the shock I experienced. I'm sure there were days I had another handful so that was prob 500-700 calories n walnuts alone. But yea back away from the Dunkin drinks lol.