Physique or Strength??

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
What is your motivation for lifting?

I want to be strong as hell. A better looking body = bonus points.

Replies

• JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    BOTH :smile: form follows function!
  • Janlo26
    Janlo26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.
    (Also want to make younger women turn green with envy when they see me in a bikini :wink: )
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Physique I'm at an age where being strong is no benefit to me anymore.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    6ep36t.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Both...I prefer being strong and being able to do things on my own...doesn't mean I always want to but I can if I have to.

And at my age yah I want to rock that bikini down south with my husband who is hot and always gets younger women hitting on him...
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Strength first as you can see from my pic physique has a long way to go lol
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I do not wear bikinis so that is out. Strong as hell, nah, that is out. So why? To be able to test my body and be challenged. To sleep better, to do things physically better, to have better mental alertness. To be able to swim 50 yards of butterfly and not look like a drowning lounge chair.
  • cuapater
    cuapater Posts: 15
    Options
    What is your motivation for lifting?

I want to be strong as hell. A better looking body = bonus points.

Strength. I feel invincible and super hyper after lifting.
  • cuapater
    cuapater Posts: 15
    Options
    I do not wear bikinis so that is out. Strong as hell, nah, that is out. So why? To be able to test my body and be challenged. To sleep better, to do things physically better, to have better mental alertness. To be able to swim 50 yards of butterfly and not look like a drowning lounge chair.

I have never seen a drowning lounge chair. :P

I like how you mentioned to sleep better and to have better mental alertness! Agreed!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Its gotta be both. Strength first, physique second!! I love the feeling of lifting:)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    physique. its vain but im already pretty strong and i plan on getting back into strength training once i reach my goal weight
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Physique. I wanna be hot as hell. Being strong is an awesome bonus, tho.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm sure everyone is just about being strong.:laugh: While being strong is great, I like looking good. I like having a strong butt so I can keep powering up the hills to make my butt look even better. [/unabashed honesty]
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone is just about being strong.:laugh: While being strong is great, I like looking good. I like having a strong butt so I can keep powering up the hills to make my butt look even better. [/unabashed honesty]
    Nothing wrong with being honest
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you train for strength/performance and have your diet in check the physique will work itself out.

If you train for physique your diet has to be in check and you wont perform as well or be as strong as if your first goal was strength/performance and your training is based around that.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 42 years old, a desk jockey by trade, and a father of 2. My goal is to basically not suck. I do a little of both, but perspective is important and I'm not winning any competitions in either category.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

I have never seen a drowning lounge chair. :P

I like how you mentioned to sleep better and to have better mental alertness! Agreed!

Have you ever watched someone swing a golf club inside a phone booth?!? Similar, but in water looks God awful ;)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Neither... the only reason I lift is for my health - to maintain bone density and muscle as I age. I guess technically that might be considered strength because I want to fight the aging process in my bones and tissue. But, I don't really care about becoming stronger or looking 'better'. I'm happy where I am now. :smile:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Both... want to look and feel strong and healthy and if you get to look good in the process... even better!