Weirdos at Work

Options

Replies

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'd like to talk about the office weirdo, but then I hate to brag.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who comes in and sleeps all day. Yesterday, at an office meeting, he was streched out on a chair, his cheap trousers riding high on his legs, feet half out of his cheap slippers (everyone else wears shoes to work), mouth open. He doesn't do anything but nobody wants to be the one to fire him. And it's a non-profit that does a lot of work, so he's just sitting there getting paid while people who work much harder than him have to be interns.

He lives at our house because he's too cheap to pay rent. Nobody asked him to stay, he just moved in. He steals food a lot. And lies all the time. And he's very happy when other people get hurt.

He's generally useless, but I bet I win weirdest weirdo at work (and home).
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i am the weirdo at work...
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I work with a 60 +/- year old that wears super hero t-shirts and has an old school walkman that he has on around his neck turned up so loud that I can hear it in my office with my radio on.
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I'd rather be the girl washing my hands a lot rather than the girl staring at everyone looking for imperfections. :wink:

Would you like a medal? :P
    I was bored and was interested to read about other people's work weirdos so I offered the few I have here.

And in the hand-washing-girl's defense, she probably just annoys me because after her lunch is over, she comes in the break room and hogs the sink to scrub the crap out of her dishes which cuts into my lunch time -- I'm just waiting to drain my tuna fish which will take 12 seconds D: haha
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I had the oppertunity a few years ago to take a job at at remote location. (an island 1500 miles from Anchorage AK) It was a classic example of people getting "institutionalized". Most of the people I worked with had been there for well over 10 years and had adjusted to that way of life. Let's just say that their social skills were lacking. The worst of the group was a programmer! I have never seen anything like it!! He thought that our nations enemies were trying to get into his brain via satelite and would line the hood of his jacket with tin foil! He had so many quirks that I don't think I could list them all. Weirdest person I have ever come across in my 43 years!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The weirdos at my work are the callers. I work the switchboard for a large hospital with an in-patient psych unit...yeah...you ALWAYS know when it's a full moon.
  • eyley
    eyley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I work with professors. They're eccentric - not weird and some of them actually have labcoats and wiry - sticky out white hair.

(Disclaimer - they are all lovely - i've not met an unfriendly boffin yet!)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

I'd rather be the girl washing my hands a lot rather than the girl staring at everyone looking for imperfections. :wink:

Would you like a medal? :P
    I was bored and was interested to read about other people's work weirdos so I offered the few I have here.

And in the hand-washing-girl's defense, she probably just annoys me because after her lunch is over, she comes in the break room and hogs the sink to scrub the crap out of her dishes which cuts into my lunch time -- I'm just waiting to drain my tuna fish which will take 12 seconds D: haha

I read one time that you're supposed to wash your hands before AND after you do your business. You touch the stall door and there's tons of germs on there, then you transfer those germs to the toilet paper, then in turn transfer the germs to your nether regions :noway: That being said, I don't wash my hands before and have never even had a yeast infection, so who knows? I do have a problem when someone doesn't wash their hands afterwards :sick: It's something that I'm trying to ingrain in my 7 year old soon to be step son.
  • feherd
    Options

I read one time that you're supposed to wash your hands before AND after you do your business. You touch the stall door and there's tons of germs on there, then you transfer those germs to the toilet paper, then in turn transfer the germs to your nether regions :noway: That being said, I don't wash my hands before and have never even had a yeast infection, so who knows? I do have a problem when someone doesn't wash their hands afterwards :sick: It's something that I'm trying to ingrain in my 7 year old soon to be step son.

Yeah it's definitely weird to not wash them after! lol
  • jenprovencal
    Options
    Thank you for some of these, they made me chuckle this morning. I work in an "internal department" at my company which pretty much means we are all anti-social weirdos. But my cubical neighbor likes to drop the f-bomb a lot, and has been know to call people some pretty interesting names. The neighbor across the hall likes to clip his nails at his desk every Friday. It's so creepy!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No specific examples of this, but my old workplace was a professional environment with 'business casual' Fridays. The 'casual Friday' policy specified No Ski Pants, No clogs - given we live in a city that is snow free year round, and clogs seem to have gone out with the 80s, I always wondered who did what to need that specificity...
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm the weirdo
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You guys don't even know about weird. I had to make TWO threads about my weird new co worker, Jeff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1316201-should-i-be-offended-pt-2
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman that is a talker. The kind of talk like, "You know what happened Tuesday? Oh wait, was it Tuesday? It might have been Wednesday. Oh yeah, it was Wednesday because I had pizza on Wednesday. I remember . . ." Aaaaah! I want to puncture my eardrums.

:grumble:

I can't stand when women do this.
  • feherd
    Options
    You guys don't even know about weird. I had to make TWO threads about my weird new co worker, Jeff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1316201-should-i-be-offended-pt-2

hahhaaha omgg.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's weird about washing your hands before. I work dirty jobs (handling freight, counting money) and I always wash before and after.

Yes, but we work in a very clean office. And she's always cleaning her dishes and/or hands whenever I see her. So I don't think they could possibly be dirty enough to need to be cleaned pre-bathroom-business... but who knows.

I have heard that you "should" wash before due to bateria already on your hands, and not wanting to get that on your private area, but hell, I am already doing the peepee dance when I get in there, so there is NO WAY I will wait long enough to wash before. :laugh:
  • feherd
    Options
    Not sure what's weird about washing your hands before. I work dirty jobs (handling freight, counting money) and I always wash before and after.

Yes, but we work in a very clean office. And she's always cleaning her dishes and/or hands whenever I see her. So I don't think they could possibly be dirty enough to need to be cleaned pre-bathroom-business... but who knows.

I have heard that you "should" wash before due to bateria already on your hands, and not wanting to get that on your private area, but hell, I am already doing the peepee dance when I get in there, so there is NO WAY I will wait long enough to wash before. :laugh:

also, it would dry the p*ss out of my hands if I washed them before AND after. I have to go to the bathroom like every 30 minutes from drinking so much water lol
  • curvyniki
    curvyniki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haha dang he really loves Under Armour... maybe he has stock in them or something

But speaking of people's work attire..... there are some people in my office who actually wear SWEATPANTS to work! like grey baggy sweat pants. This is supposed to be a professional office, people! :P

LOL that is pretty bad.

I work with a woman who was probably a size S/5-6 and wore clubbing-type shirts, but they were not too crazy or revealing so they looked professional enough, and nice trousers from Express, and heels...and then EVERY DAY no matter the weather, she wound up wearing this big grey sweatshirt over her clothes. It was the kind men wear who work in construction, with a thick fuzzy white lining and industrial zipper, and it had to be a mens size XL! I get that she was cold in the frigid office, but come on...get something a bit more stylish and work-appropriate, or at least something close to your own size!!

Our corner of the office is always frigid, and there are various sweaters, snuggies, blankets and hoodies floating around... but then our dress code is very lax, so yeah.. as far as weird.. no one really sticks out.. as far as they are concerned, I'M the weird one for always letting my geek flag fly