25 pounds down and just don't see it.

Options
I know this is stupid.

I'm at 24.7 pounds lost, and 17 inches down. I finally took some progress pics for myself and I just don't really see a change. It's really discouraging me right now - which I know it shouldn't.

I'm pushing through, but could use some random "you can do this!" from total strangers.

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to post your progress pictures here (totally get if you don't) some "neutral" eyes will probably be able to see and point out the difference :smile:

Either way you're doing so great - keep at it!! If you need some extra motivation, try carrying 25lbs of groceries home in the near future. You'll realise what marvellous progress you've made!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    We tend to be our own harshest critics. I bet if anyone else saw your pics side by side, they would see it.

25lbs is great! Keep up the good work.
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    25 pounds is awesome! It is so hard for us to see changes in ourselves because we are always our harshiest critics and tend to focus only on how much more we have to go and not all that we have accomlished. You are doing great! Keep up the good work and focus on having a more positive body image... You got this! :)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    We tend to be our own harshest critics. I bet if anyone else saw your pics side by side, they would see it.

25lbs is great! Keep up the good work.

^^^ totally agree
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am down almost 60 lbs total and barely see a difference. I was thinking of starting an accountability group that relies only on how clothes fit, not scales. I don't know. I get very frustrated too but I realized as long as I eat healthy and train hard I will be healthier than I was and that is the end goal right?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. What you have done is no small feat. Also, we see ourselves everyday. Even with pictures, it is hard to see the change when you see the same body day in and day out. I agree with the PP who said to carry around 25 pounds so you can feel the difference.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    25lbs is amazing! You should be proud of yourself! As has been said we are our own worst enemy when it comes to criticizing I still look in the mirror most days and don't really see a change. I think it takes a while for the minds eye to catch up with the body. You are doing great! :happy:
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm 22lbs down and I don't see it at all. However, I'm down a size in pants and the boyfriend says I'm looking lighter. I recently was in some pictures in a bathing suit and thought, "Wow I'm still a chub-o" but maybe I'm being too hard on myself.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Seems like the person losing is always the last to notice...I'm pushing 50 down, and really don't think I look all that different. My wife thinks I look different, 'tho, so I'm good with it :-)

25 pounds and 17 inches is super progress -- whatever you're doing, keep it up!
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, just keep pushing through and you will see it ! It took me forever to see my changes. Clothes that were tight that are now falling off help a lot!
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My sister just told me this morning that she is finally feeling motivated to go to the gym cause she is finally noticing a difference. Keep up the hard work and you will see it soon enough!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly critical of my photos, and I usually can't see a change. Some friends and I have a private group, and I'll post my progress photos there, and they can always see things that I can't. And when they say "oh I completely see it in your tummy (or your back, or whatever), I can look at what they are describing, and then I can see it. We are definitely our own worst critics, and it's almost like we're oblivious to our progress.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You will be the last to see it for sure. Also people are scared to make comments on your weight. I just started to feel thinner lately but I dont really see it when I look in the mirror. I am glad I used a tape measure as that just makes me see the inches that have come off
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you can do this!
  • kroach2001
    kroach2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    25 pounds is awesome! remember women can have alot of fat around body organs - its the fat you don't see - its the fat that not even a plastic surgeon can help you with. If you want to see results on the outside, I highly recommend Shaun T's T25 focus. I saw a HUGE difference between 10 lbs I lost doing the stair master,etc versus the 10 lbs I lost this year doing high intensity interval training through a program like T25 - is like night and day. So keep going and remember its about quality not necessarily quantity for both food and exercise.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Been there. Other than my face, I couldn't completely see a difference at 20, but my clothes were falling off, and my wife could tell the difference when she hugged me. Suddenly, about 10 lbs later, I could see it. No doubt, it's there, even if you're not seeing it yet!
    Sincerely,
    A Total Stranger

Edit: Added signature
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. I always refrain from posting photos of my whole body (especially post jog), but I'm going to put myself out there today.

On the left is day 15, right is day 51. Also, I'm not grumpy - though it looks like I am. I just have perma grumpy face (RBF)

ac1a7449-99b0-40ff-b75a-fc4445d63daf_zps217707d1.png

833e0cda-94af-444b-af6b-ed6afd346531_zps56a717cc.png

c74f79cf-00a3-47fd-8210-8e1492d42cda_zps0c61bdbb.png
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I think a blind man could spot which is the -25 lb pictures! It takes time, good job.....

"you can do this!"
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think it iis hardest for our brains to catch up than anyone else's. I still have trouble seeing the differences and I am at 45 lbs down on a 5'1" frame.

Part of the problem is that all my progress pics were at different angles or distances too. So, I am so completely geeky that I measured how much space my body occupied vs the front door (where most were taken) on each picture as percentages just to reassure myself that the differences were there - kinda how some moms take pics of babies with the same stuffed animal every month :laugh:
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-Waterboy-Img-JC2V.gif