25 pounds down and just don't see it.

Options

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There's a massive difference! Well done. Just imagine what the next 25lb will bring!
  • Cheyenneorfat
    Cheyenneorfat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What "jumped" out at me:

The first picture, look at your back where your bra strap would go across. Much thinner.
    The second picture, your arms...they are so thin now!
    The third picture, your waist!

Keep going!! And keep using MFP! I lost 20 pounds and thought I could finish with out weighing, measuring and logging. Stopped using MFP and gained it all back! Don't make my mistake!!!!

You are doing it! Don't stop!!!
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures! I can definitely see those pounds and inches have come off around your hips, especially when looking at the back shot. go you!!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Is also see a difference, start measuring yourself, If you don't have a tape measure go buy one.

I posted this a while back on my blog...

MEASUREMENTS

Today I measured myself , not sure if you measure (if you don't you should) but you can log it all on MFP (geeze I love this site).

Anyways check this out... I'm soo proud, no wonder my jeans fit......:happy: converted to inches as well as I'm sure this will help if you don't work in centimetres.

Initial measurements on 7/31 Re-measured today 8/29. Total cm's/ inches lost so far (gone 4 Eva)
    Neck. 35.6cm (14.01 inches). Now. 34 cm (13.38 inches). 1.6 cm. (.63 inches)
    Waist. 96.5cm (37.99 inches). Now. 91cm (35.82 inches). 5.5 cm. (2.16 inches)
    Hips. 110.5cm (43.50 inches). Now. 105cm (41.34 inches). 5.5 cm. (2.16 inches)

Initial measurements - added some more in on 8/12. Re-measured today
    Bust. 105. cm (41.34 inches). Now 101cm (39.76 inches). 4.0 cm. (1.57 inches)
    Arms. 35 cm (13.78 inches). Now. 32 cm (12.6 inches). 3.0 cm. (1.18 inches)
    Legs 60 cm. (23.62 inches). Now. 57.5cm (22.64 inches). 2.5 cm. (0.98 inches)
    Calves. 40 cm (15.75 inches). Now. 39 cm. (15.35 inches). 1.0 cm. (0.39 inches)

Body fat 41.8% according to fit2-fat app. Now. 38.2% body fat. 3.6% body fat

So total cm's lost on these measurements is 23.1cm. (9.09 inches)
  • RyDD85
    RyDD85 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's really hard to see your own weight loss. I'm only at 12 lbs lost but people at my work are already starting to say it's showing. I honestly can't see it but even people who didn't know I was trying to lose are commenting so I guess it must be evident somehow.

Trust me, I'm sure it shows to others.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It is totally noticeable!!!!!!

good job and i hope you reach your ultimate goal:flowerforyou:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. I always refrain from posting photos of my whole body (especially post jog), but I'm going to put myself out there today.

On the left is day 15, right is day 51. Also, I'm not grumpy - though it looks like I am. I just have perma grumpy face (RBF)

ac1a7449-99b0-40ff-b75a-fc4445d63daf_zps217707d1.png

833e0cda-94af-444b-af6b-ed6afd346531_zps56a717cc.png

c74f79cf-00a3-47fd-8210-8e1492d42cda_zps0c61bdbb.png

I can definitely see a difference!! I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but I've lost over 70 lbs and there are still days that I look at myself and can't see it. There's a lot of mental work that goes into weight loss. If you can't see it, look at your numbers. When the numbers aren't moving, compare pictures. Do what you can to stay positive and continue improving :flowerforyou:
  • caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! You can even see it in your posture. You see yourself every day so it may be hard to see the changes in yourself but to me the difference is big. Good job, you got it!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. You really helped me through a rough moment - I really appreciate it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what your doing. 17 inches down is good. Try to build a little muscle and watch the transformation.
  • chaseroks
    chaseroks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely see the -25lbs! You look so great! Someone already mentioned we are our harshest critics. You look so great!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A definite difference! Like, in the second side pic, your bosom is about equal with your tummy. Good job!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You're doing GREAT!

I also suffer from RBF bahahaha
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Not stupid at all ........ keep on trucking, honey ....... it's so worth it :drinker:
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not only do I not see it (Im down 23 lbs and a good number of inches as well) but I can barely even notice a change in the way my clothes fit me... so I understand how you feel. So like the others say, keep at it! You are doing awesome :)
  • challian
    challian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!! GO GIRL!!!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference. Just keep going! You are doing wonderful!!
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Either way you're doing so great - keep at it!! If you need some extra motivation, try carrying 25lbs of groceries home in the near future. You'll realise what marvellous progress you've made!

This.

I recently hit the 25 lb. loss and wasn't feeling all that accomplished. Then I picked up 2 ten pound weights and realized that was ON MY BODY just 3 months ago. It's eye opening.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Mirrors, just like scales, can be deceiving. I can certainly see the difference in your photos. You look great!

I was in the same boat as you. I had lost about 20-25 lbs and just didn't really see much change, but if I bumped into someone I hadn't seen in awhile, they all complimented me on how I looked thinner, plus my clothes fit so much better. The mirror may not always show you want you want to see, but your friends and family will certainly notice the change! Keep up the awesome work!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We are most critical of ourselves. We see our bodies everyday. I bet others see it big time! I have lost 27lbs and just yesterday while washing dishes I noticed my wrist is smaller! My WRISTS! pretty cool.

That's funny. Just lately, I've had to adjust all my watch bands because my watches were getting so loose, they'd literally slide around my wrist like a hula-hoop.